Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So MMO - Why I'm Excited For Red Dead Redemption On PC - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNot So MMO - Why I'm Excited For Red Dead Redemption On PC - MMORPG.com

In this latest "Not So MMO" column, Shank breaks down why he's excited for Red Dead Redemption 2 to finally hit PC.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GaeluianGaeluian Member UncommonPosts: 114
    This is one game I'm looking forward to on the PC!
    sumdumguy1mazut
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Controls are the biggest thing im excited about.

I brought a ps4 pro for this game and while it was good, every time getting into a gun fight was just so frustrating when trying to aim with a controller.

Its going to be fun to enjoy the gun fights with a mouse.
    bartoni33ScotlaseritAsheramscyllafrenTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]mazutOzmodan
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Pre ordered and ready. Cant wait!!
    Tyserie
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited October 2019
    But how fun is multiplayer with randoms?

Although I'm very impressed with quality of animations and variety of activities in the game - I'm not a big fan of cowboy/Western setting so the single player story won't be too interesting and multiplayer is all care about.
    Post edited by 3dom on
    Valentina

Thank you for your time!

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2019

DXSins said:

I brought a ps4 pro for this game and while it was good, every time getting into a gun fight was just so frustrating when trying to aim with a controller.

The glory of the PC, long may she reign. ;)
    Tyserie[Deleted User]AsheramTacticalZombeh
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    Im excited for this game but I really dont like Rockstar's shameless monetization in multiplayer. It makes me want to avoid that mode entirely
    pantaroOzmodan
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    My decision to buy the game will depend on one thing if it feels and plays like a port ill pass. If it plays like a pc game ill be all over it.

I hope MMORPG gets to review the PC version before it launches so we can get a idea of how porty it feels.
    sumdumguy1
  • ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

My decision to buy the game will depend on one thing if it feels and plays like a port ill pass. If it plays like a pc game ill be all over it.

I hope MMORPG gets to review the PC version before it launches so we can get a idea of how porty it feels.

We’re hoping to get a review code. If not, rest assured, I will buy it and have an initial PC impressions piece where I will absolutely cover off things like stability, PC options, keyboard mouse, etc.
    GroqstrongSamhaelsumdumguy1TacticalZombehSandmanjw
  • PartieplayinPartieplayin Member UncommonPosts: 93
    I'm hoping we will get Sli driver support day 1 for it so we can really push the limits. I fully intend on buying the game but being how robust of a game I fear I may not be able to enjoy this one at 4k without Sli support.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    This game looks like it could get boring playing solo, but annoying playing with randoms since small scale multi-player usually attracts hackers and griefers and solo play is at times lonely. I found this with Assassins Creed Odyssey; big huge open world you roam around in alone. Maybe MMOs ruined me when it comes to openworld games.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

3dom said:

But how fun is multiplayer with randoms?

Although I'm very impressed with quality of animations and variety of activities in the game - I'm not a big fun of cowboy/Western setting so the single player story won't be too interesting and multiplayer is all care about.

i wanna know this as well. for the same reasons.
    3dom
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 161
    edited October 2019

DXSins said:

THIS ^^^^^ I literally did the same thing lol. Bought a PS4 Pro and basically gave up on the game because I suck shooting with controllers. I played the hell out of Spider-Man though at least, so I guess it wasn't too big of a waste.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I just wish I could get the first game. . playing on PSnow (new low price :)   playing a Playstation game on my PC with an XBox controller. . streaming 720p. . not quite how I want to do it.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 557
    HazenXIII said:

DXSins said:

THIS ^^^^^ I literally did the same thing lol. Bought a PS4 Pro and basically gave up on the game because I suck shooting with controllers. I played the hell out of Spider-Man though at least, so I guess it wasn't too big of a waste.
    This honestly might get me back in the game. I had it on Xbox One X but I just could not get over how sluggish 30fps feels.

Then again, I also played the heck outta Spider-Man, so it really might be all in my head.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I hope I am wrong but in the past...98% of Console Games that came to PC had Keyboard Controls Hard Wired which means we could not change them.
    As a NON-WASD user I sure hope they address this BEFORE they release it on PC.
    I have passed on many great Console to PC Games in the past due to this issue.

We shall see....

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Avanah said:
    I hope I am wrong but in the past...98% of Console Games that came to PC had Keyboard Controls Hard Wired which means we could not change them.
    As a NON-WASD user I sure hope they address this BEFORE they release it on PC.
    I have passed on many great Console to PC Games in the past due to this issue.

We shall see....
    Was that the case with GTA V?

Anyhow I am not liking the rs games launcher, have to sign into games launcher and the sign in again when launching the game unless you click the save password auto launch option. Should only have to sign into the launcher. Plus I am having issues keeping my game LA Noire in fullscreen mode, there is no option to launch game in fullscreen so my game starts in a 8x10 minimized screen that I cant adjust to fit screen. So I have to go into settings click display change from my native option to something else and back to get it to switch to fullscreen. And if I drop down to pc to check something online and come back its back to minimized but with the window borders fitting my screen.
    I am finding it quite annoying hope it isnt this way with RDR2.
  • sexydadeesexydadee Member UncommonPosts: 15
    can someone confirm if mods are bannable? I heard that rockstar clamped down on mods for gtaV so i if its bannable, i dont think its a + for PC.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2019

sexydadee said:

can someone confirm if mods are bannable? I heard that rockstar clamped down on mods for gtaV so i if its bannable, i dont think its a + for PC.

I don't understand, no one has to play with mods. You opt in to use them on an individual mod by mod basis. Do you mean does Rockstar retain the right to not to feature certain mods, I am sure they do, the mods will be delivered through an in house service. Though I see no reason you cannot use mods outside of that service, typically just takes a bit more work on the players part to get them up and running.
  • mutantpoomutantpoo Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Mods, Mods,Mods !!!!!! That's what I want it for. Dial back from the late west period and weapons. Add in a ton more and tweak those stats. Some more early period outfits and its a dream come true !!!
  • vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    This game is beautiful and well made but I found it boring as hell.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    vtravi said:
    What did you find boring?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • gamergoddess40gamergoddess40 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    will it be free to play or how much hmmm
    bartoni33
    goddess75
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited October 2019
    will it be free to play or how much hmmm
    It is a single player game so no it will never be free to play. The cost is the same as any other triple A game at release- $60 for the base version. If you pre purchase through rockstar games launcher by october 22nd you get the special edition for $60 ($80) or the ultimate edition for $80 ($100) plus you get to pick 2 games from the following free:
    • Grand Theft Auto III
    • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    • Bully: Scholarship Edition
    • L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
    • Max Payne 3: The Complete Edition.

bartoni33
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    vtravi said:
    It is a nice looking game but well done,not a chance.What they did do is well done but the overall design is not one i want to play.
    It has multiplayer,like all games now a days,that way the devs can find ways to run a cash shop.

Personally Rockstar has become one of the scummiest devs on the planet,GTA RDR both operating cash shops and seems a lot of focus if not all from GTA is on the cash shop.
     The oddity is that i didn't even know RDR was Rockstar but now makes sense why both games receiving so much air time on this site,it smells of disguised advertising.
    RDR 2 has been so out of the loop it is in the 15th row on Twitch,so yeah how do we get so much coverage on games nobody cares about,yeah seems very odd.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141
    wizardry, you're comparing twitch ( a primary pc platform) on a console game.

15th row? meh, itll skyrocket when it releases.

Wheres skyrim at?