Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Unchained Land Claims Start Today - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge: Unchained Land Claims Start Today - MMORPG.com

For those playing the newly released ArcheAge: Unchained, land claiming starts today for many of the servers. However, not all of the servers will be participating this weekend, as gamigo staggers the claiming based on when the server was added.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    And it begins.....well if you can log in! Not falling for this non-sense again.
    Viper482ElvocfoxgirlPalebaneOzmodanZenJellygastovski1Harikeninfomatz

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2019
    I did well on EU. Got my 24x24 and 16x16 exactly where I wanted them and just put my 8x8 farm down too because I could. I could have put down more but I didn't want too many upkeep costs.

There's still lots of space available all over the place. It'll get eaten up over the next couple of weeks but there's still time to get a decent location.
    Kyleranultimateduck
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Shit-show.
    Ozmodanfearu
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Non instanced land ownership in a AAA mmorpg is rare to see. However I rather a game have it with some issues than none at all. Imagine UO with no housing/land ownership. Hard to avoid at least upsetting some people with its inclusion.

FacelessSavior
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Worst part of this game that they never really found a better solution for..
    MikehaOzmodancheebagastovski1
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    And so it begins... again.
    Ozmodan
  • gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    It's pretty sad, in my opinion, that the land "rush" is still the method of acquiring land in the game at launch.

I think that I must be a pretty typical player.  I used to play Archeage in its last iteration, and I've been giving some thought to playing it again, but as I've been part of the stressful rush in the past to try and grab land, I'm not interested in doing it again. So then what?  As a former player, I know how important land is, and yet I can't be the only such player who is wary of getting involved until the dust settles and we see how p2w it is, or is not.  Then the fact that they haven't come up with a better way of distributing land seems very counter to getting former players to come back, I imagine. After a few weeks of waiting, I know that most good land will be gone, and that pretty well saps my motivation for returning.

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Lol brings back shitty memories of original launch.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    edited October 2019
    If anyone wants some entertainment watch the official discord when this goes live and bring the popcorn.

Gona be 1000s and 1000s of raging ppl. Atm it is over a 3hr que to get on the game. So tons of ppl gona completely miss it. That and the majority voted on the CM's poll on the discord to delay it due to launch issues but they decided to release it anyways.
    Ozmodan
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    A game is seriously flawed if the time in queue counts as game time, but then again consider the idiots hosting the game and you have your answer!
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Land claims? How about a moment of silence for the people who got their money claimed by these people once again.
    mcrippinsfearu
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited October 2019
    For 3 bucks more I bought The Division 2 Gold edition, its on sale with 70% off at Uplay and EGS. Glad I skipped this, what a waste of a good game.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleraninfomatz
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• HJ-NavarreHJ-Navarre Hero's Journey GMMember UncommonPosts: 104
    I logged in long enough to create a couple of toons. Now I'll sit back and wait a few weeks until queues and hype dies down. I hope to get land eventually, but I refuse to powerlevel and/or partake in the land rush. Long-term-casual-mmo-goodness-ftw.
    FacelessSaviorultimateduckNextrixgastovski1infomatz
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,853
    Same as with Trion version: why dont they just make it so you can only claim one plot of land per account? Then a month or so later open it up.
    cheeba
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Xiaoki said:
    Same as with Trion version: why dont they just make it so you can only claim one plot of land per account? Then a month or so later open it up.

Too logical..... stop trying to put any sort of reason to this title.
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I hate land rushes.
    HJ-Navarre

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Xiaoki said:
    Doesn’t take a genius does it?

• xybedoutxybedout Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Was gonna grab it, but region locked on Steam.. meh.. maybe one day when I feel really bored I might look into this game again.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I did well on EU. Got my 24x24 and 16x16 exactly where I wanted them and just put my 8x8 farm down too because I could. I could have put down more but I didn't want too many upkeep costs.

There's still lots of space available all over the place. It'll get eaten up over the next couple of weeks but there's still time to get a decent location.
    Im lvl 15 on the newest EU server, can I also buy a plot?

xybedout said:
    Was gonna grab it, but region locked on Steam.. meh.. maybe one day when I feel really bored I might look into this game again.

You dont need steam.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Dragnelus said:

I don't think housing plots are open yet for the new servers. It'll be next weekend.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Lvl  25 now, lvling as a confessor.
    Scorchien

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Dragnelus said:

this what I would like to know. I am level 30 now. I dont know how land buying works.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Dragnelus said:

this what I would like to know. I am level 30 now. I dont know how land buying works.
    At lvl 30 go to Halcyon and do the Blue Slat Brotherhood questline , in peace time it takes 10 minutes , you will get a free 8x8 the Lumber pack and Tax certs to place it ..  Also with or alternitivley you can got to Mirage isle and buy a 16x16 Cottage with 15 Gilda and place it then aquire the building packs when you can .. Good idea to place both if you can that way you can grow the Trees on your 8x8 , can aslo use Public Farms for this .. Reccomend getting the Cottage that requires 2 Stone and 1 Lumber pack as it is easier and faster to get the Stone packs
    Im a confessor what stats on gear should I focus?