Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that Star Wars is a cheap / pathetic brand, do you think we'll see another Star Wars MMORPG?

12346»

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    You mean Disney Wars. 

• Reaver4525Reaver4525 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    On the positive side, there is quite a bit of hype for the upcoming Jedi game, SW - Fallen Order.
    I hope the game does well.
    GorweHuntrezz
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    On the positive side, there is quite a bit of hype for the upcoming Jedi game, SW - Fallen Order.
    I hope the game does well.
    Yeah, I am a sucker for Star Wars games...  Sure I will buy it even if I don't play it.  Just gimme that John William's score during an introduction crawl.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Huntrezz said:
    Horusra said:
    Disney better hope the rumors about the new movie are fake.  6 edits that all had horrible screen tests and supposed massive reshoots to fix it.  They better hope that is false with the release date so close. 

Its amazing how many sites ran with information from an unreliable source then passed it off as legitimate.  The reshoots were always planned to be redone due to issues with the original shots not being good quality or to the satisfaction of the director.  If there were any reshoots due to poor fan reactions on screen tests, they should have done complete new shoots and not retakes of what was already done.  The work done was nothing new and it was at the request of the director JJ Abrahams who wanted better quality that what was originally shot.  This happened in both Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi and its not an all uncommon thing for high profile movies and or movies with big budgets.  What people fail to understand is reshoots are literally planned into most production costs prior to the movie even shooting, especially when dealing with big budget films.

You beat me to it.  This is exactly on point.  
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I'll take any star wars brand I can get.  I love the genre.
    [Deleted User]

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    I liked it.

Why should I capitulate to what you think is good or bad. Especially when, admitting that no movie is perfect, one can just go with the flow. 

I liked the pleasure planet so it wasn't any skin off my nose. I liked seeing the characters in a different setting and working together.

I cringed at first about "space Leia Poppins" but then thought "the force." 'nuff said. People didn't cringe about lifting up a fighter with their mind. But having an energy that surrounds us, binds us, connects us only means a few very narrow things like lifting heavy objects or obfuscating people's minds. "Can't possibly do anything else, no sireebob!"

Maybe this will put it in perspective: I was talking about Star Wars with some friends some weeks ago and a friend of mine said he didn't like star wars AT ALL. Thought it was crap. Why? Because there was sound in space when things blew up. As soon as he witnessed that as a kid he washed his hands of the whole thing as ridiculous and never looked back.

Yet, I don't see you complaining about it. Or maybe you cringe but "just accept it." People defend the movie because they aren't you. Don't forget that.
    My problem with that scene is its production value. It just looks cheap + fake. And cheesy as hell. If I were a director, there is exactly 0% chance it'd see light in that state.

Now, as for what Leia did...people forget the very beginning of Phantom Menace. When Obi Wan + Qui Gonn get gassed and they remain in such environ for almost 5 minutes. Also, while the Force Pull is meant to pull the objects towards you, not vice versa, it could still technically work. And let's not forget all the stunts Consular pulled off in SWTOR.

Also, what did you enjoy about Canto Bight?

I agree that visually, the leia scene didn't quite work. I actually did cringe when it happened. But not because of what happened but how it was done.

I'm more a visual person "than not" so visuals can go a long way for me. When they are off, they throw me off. Still, I like that there is an expansion of what the force can do. I realize that some don't like the hyperspace through the ship scene but it was shot/created very well and was very impactful/arresting for me.

Canto Blight? Hard to say, I liked being with the characters on a side adventure that potentially could affect the story but still "being" with the character.

It's funny, I was thinking of this point when I was walking home last night. I, for some reason, enjoy long movies and movies that branch out with other adventurers, all related or even just character driven.

As I've mentioned, I've been working dilligently on a skyrim mod (really almost done! ) and it has a lot of tangential areas that the players can find if they are alert enough. and several of them have their own themes/stories. Most are related to the main "story" or brush against it but they don't do more than give more character info/insight into "what's going on." 

I also think the Canto Blight bit gave the characters more time to "be together" and to solidify who they are with each other. That, for me goes a long way. 

So "yeah" this very much can be a "me" thing as far as how I enjoy stories and movies.
    Gorwe
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo