Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Unchained Servers Have Heavy Load During Launch Yesterday As Steam Release Is Delayed - MM

124»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    angaels said:

This release seems more and more like all other AA releases.. Trion is nothing if not consistent..
    Err, you meant Gamigo, but understandable the confusion as both firms are just puppets of XLGames, the real evil geniuses who have always driven this game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2019
    angaels said:
    So AAU already has an exploit, and certain players have amassed several thousand gold now.. Which can be used to get BIS gear.. Gamigo is being radio silent about it.. Also from the start Bows and Instruments were not in the game for Archer class in the regrade system (for players to be able to upgrade).. This potentially will allow certain players to progress faster... Some things are locked behind labor, but gold stull plays a role with the labor and it is not easy to amass thousands without the above mentioned process..

PTS was longer but none of the issues were addressed, it seemed more like a commercial to draw in new players and those who left rather than to fix the issues.. I am currently a player from the Legacy and tried out the cheaper $20 version since it was supposed to be sans P2W..

The que has been roughly 4+ hours before getting to play which is normal.. But stability has kicked some players shortly once entering.. While others were not generating labor, and that fix wasnt found by Gamigo but by players. The official fix didnt happen til the 3rd day in which only left 1 possibly 2 days for other players to fully play and level to 50 to get the 16x16 farm to be ready for land rush on Saturday..

Gamigo did a survey on Discord and on their Forums to find out if players wanted to delay the rush ro not, then after they got their answer said they will ignore the result and release it on Saturday anyway.. Obviously players asked for a delay due to Archers unable to compete with other players who are able to level up their gear and level faster... The 0 labor issue... Server stability issues..

This release seems more and more like all other AA releases.. Trion is nothing if not consistent..
    I have an Hiram bow and flute that I upgraded whilst levelling just like every other piece of equipment. Everybody gets them.

What you've probably been seeing is that you can't get 'another' bow or instrument if you break down the ones you got. Whereas with the armor and the other weapons, you can.

It's completely fair to everybody because melee and magic users cant break down their bow or instrument to re-regrade for the exact stat modifiers they want either. Archers get melee weapons as stats sticks just like melee and magic get a bow as a stat stick. Weapon damage isn't affected by this re-regrade process, it's the same every time you do it. So, no one is able to re-regrade their bow or instrument to get the exact stat modifiers they want. Bow users have their bow and can re-regrade to get the exact stats they want on their melee weapons. 

Obviously everyone can still get the exact stats they want on their bow and instrument if RNG is on their side, but there's no way to 'cheese' it like you can with the other equipment.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    angaels said:
    So AAU already has an exploit, and certain players have amassed several thousand gold now.. Which can be used to get BIS gear.. Gamigo is being radio silent about it.. Also from the start Bows and Instruments were not in the game for Archer class in the regrade system (for players to be able to upgrade).. This potentially will allow certain players to progress faster... Some things are locked behind labor, but gold stull plays a role with the labor and it is not easy to amass thousands without the above mentioned process..

PTS was longer but none of the issues were addressed, it seemed more like a commercial to draw in new players and those who left rather than to fix the issues.. I am currently a player from the Legacy and tried out the cheaper $20 version since it was supposed to be sans P2W..

The que has been roughly 4+ hours before getting to play which is normal.. But stability has kicked some players shortly once entering.. While others were not generating labor, and that fix wasnt found by Gamigo but by players. The official fix didnt happen til the 3rd day in which only left 1 possibly 2 days for other players to fully play and level to 50 to get the 16x16 farm to be ready for land rush on Saturday..

Gamigo did a survey on Discord and on their Forums to find out if players wanted to delay the rush ro not, then after they got their answer said they will ignore the result and release it on Saturday anyway.. Obviously players asked for a delay due to Archers unable to compete with other players who are able to level up their gear and level faster... The 0 labor issue... Server stability issues..

I have an Hiram bow and flute that I upgraded whilst levelling just like every other piece of equipment. Everybody gets them.

What you've probably been seeing is that you can't get 'another' bow or instrument if you break down the ones you got. Whereas with the armor and the other weapons, you can.

It's completely fair to everybody because melee and magic users cant break down their bow or instrument to re-regrade for the exact stat modifiers they want either. Archers get melee weapons as stats sticks just like melee and magic get a bow as a stat stick. Weapon damage isn't affected by this re-regrade process, it's the same every time you do it. So, no one is able to re-regrade their bow or instrument to get the exact stat modifiers they want. Bow users have their bow and can re-regrade to get the exact stats they want on their melee weapons. 

Obviously everyone can still get the exact stats they want on their bow and instrument if RNG is on their side, but there's no way to 'cheese' it like you can with the other equipment.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/djp9lq/exploit_archepass_world_boss_quest_abuse/

edited October 2019
    Albatroes said:
    It's not an exploit. ArchePass quests just give a lot of gold when you are top level. Everybody can earn that much gold when they get to that point. It probably needs lowering but that's all this issue is.

And, no, you don't need to paid premium pass to get the quests.

But thanks for replying to me about that for no reason when I wasn't even talking about that.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Albatroes said:
    It's not an exploit. ArchePass quests just give a lot of gold when you are top level. Everybody can earn that much gold when they get to that point. It probably needs lowering but that's all this issue is.

But thanks for replying to me about that for no reason when I wasn't even talking about that.
    You respond to a guy about something else, so I gave you the link to what the guy was actually talking about....but hey, good luck keeping that house made of cards together.
    Albatroes said:
    Albatroes said:

You respond to a guy about something else, so I gave you the link to what the guy was actually talking about....but hey, good luck keeping that house made of cards together.
    I was talking about one of the things they said. They said many. You were being an ass and you know it.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Thought lemme try it in the weekend but I cant find lip colour change nor body sliders?

• mandark91mandark91 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Requested my refund. 8h queues and 20 minutes of gameplay before you disconnect. Also, bugs such as world boss 50g quest (x17) which already killed the economy.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    mandark91 said:
    Requested my refund. 8h queues and 20 minutes of gameplay before you disconnect. Also, bugs such as world boss 50g quest (x17) which already killed the economy.
    im temped to do the same tbh..

Its  a shitshow again..

Funny thing is that that basicly blocked the option to swap servers.

If you have a level 40 on alexander for example.. with very high pop..
    you need to : 

- que up for deleting your char.. ( +6 hours que's on daily basis)
    - then wait for 6 days or more in order to make a new char..
    - also the if you have a high tier pack.. you cant even claim it on the new char

how fcking stupid can a company be..

Last info i got.. that gamigo now manually kicking people, who are very long online, in order to fix the que's..

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited October 2019
    You have to wait 6 days to make a new character after deletion? WTF! Who would be willing to do that. This is a monumentally stupid decision to deny a paying customer the right to play the game they paid for.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    You have to wait 6 days to make a new character after deletion? WTF! Who would be willing to do that. This is a monumentally stupid decision to deny a paying customer the right to play the game they paid for.
    I think AA has always been like that but I'm not sure. Probably to stop people that had their accounts stolen from losing absolutely everything. How long it takes depends what level the character is. If they are brand new, it's instant, level 10 and below it's 10 minutes.. I don't know the rates after that but you get the idea.
    cheyaneKyleran
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    cheyane said:
    I think AA has always been like that but I'm not sure. Probably to stop people that had their accounts stolen from losing absolutely everything. How long it takes depends what level the character is. If they are brand new, it's instant, level 10 and below it's 10 minutes.. I don't know the rates after that but you get the idea.
    Ahh now I get it but it will make people upset nevertheless.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

how fcking stupid can a company be..

Last info i got.. that gamigo now manually kicking people, who are very long online, in order to fix the que's..

This last one I think is a good idea actually. 

They should put a limit in peoples play time during the initial rush, but it should be announced in advance.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    What battlepass do you take?

Dragnelus said:
    What battlepass do you take?
    I recommend the equipment one first. The basic rewards give a lot of direct honor and labor, both of which you're going to need to upgrade your gear in the long run.
    Dragnelus
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Steam doesn't offer refunds for unchained , it clearly states when you make the purchase.
  • angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    TheDarkrayne said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand your point of stat-stick, as a Melee which I know everyone is re-rolling to get the stats they want..  There is a finite amount of times to get the stats you need to play your class...

In this case, the stat-stick for an Archer are the other weapons...  For the most part it is not dependent on the type of weapon held more preference of play..  
    The bow is the main weapon and having the options, like all the other weapons do, to gear towards your class is important..   We both know this...  to say otherwise is just a lie.. 

If you want to give Gamigo/Xlgames a pass and say they did not make a mistake you are entitled to your opinion..  But IMHO if a function is provided for armor and weapons, then it should be for all items that affect each class especially when it comes to their main weapon...

• BlazerXBlazerX Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Ya know having just tried ArcheAge and giving it an unbiased review, I can't really say I enjoyed this game.  It feels really generic and it feels like there is no real direction to the game.  Would be nice if they had some ingame tutorials or quests that explain in detail about the different systems in the game as its really not intuitive at all.

Really wanted to like this game but, meh~ not for me.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

ananit said:

Vexiusx said:

How much is MMORPG getting paid to KEEP POSTING THE SAME SHIT ABOUT THE SAME GAME.

No offense, long long time lurker on the website but holy shit i have never seen this many articles about the same game with little to no new information at all just wanting attention for this game.

devil's advocate here. how many news worthy mmo released or rereleased recently ? 

people are complaining that there are non-mmo news and now people are complaining that there are mmo related articles ... wtf ?!

Complaint is the lifeblood of gaming forums.
    Kyleran
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Just came back from Archeage Unchained, DO NOT GO THERE !
    Their servers are so broken in so many f possible ways it is the worst launch of mmo in the history of mmo gaming :D

I mean exploits exploits bugs crashes than more exploits than gold selling than queue than bugs damn i mean f me sideways , people doin exploits in raids, and ones that dont f them xD
    Gamigo banned no one for anything cus they want all the money they can get !

Its a clusterfk of hilarious magnitude :)

People reached endgame 50k gold famed proficiencies all in 10 days time of exploiting unpatched game mechanics. New players join and get 1shot.