Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone join the new EQ2 PvE progression server?

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    i'm playing on the server too - its alot of fun,  just wish nek forest wasn't necessary to run thru for evils to get to world bell for travel lol
  • Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Yep. Them releasing this time-locked server is just the thing to bring me back to EQ2. We will see if i stick around when classic WoW launches.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    yep, im playing as well, the game is well done, its a shame that WOW crushed it before it got a chance, lots of depth.  Collections and Legends and Lore are so awesome!!!!  Leveling without questing rocks too
    pantaro
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Myrdynn said:
    yep, im playing as well, the game is well done, its a shame that WOW crushed it before it got a chance, lots of depth.  Collections and Legends and Lore are so awesome!!!!  Leveling without questing rocks too

Lots of memories in this game. It would have been successful had WoW not killed it out the gate.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited October 2019
    i made a character when teh server launched on march 16. think i got to level 15. A troubador. I got jaded a bit and played some EQ1 on the POP(ldon)-capped server. In some ways I still like EQ1 more. There's a stronger group-forcing and feels less gamey. Still though, I think I'm going to subscribe again and play some more on Kaladim. I really have played only a fraction of EQ2, and I feel like I should see more of the content. Right now the Desert of Flames expansion is live. Sometime in November the Kingdom of Sky is going live. At least up until September 2020, it looks like grouping is still favored. Beyond that though, it looks like EQ2 became steadily more solo-oriented and the content itself coming in smaller cookiecutter portions. This is why I think the POP-locked EQ1 server Agnarr is better. It won't ever becom a different MMORPG. Like it or hate ti, not all of us favor the trend MMORPGs are following towards stronger soloing-forcing and more linear progression. I don't.

For a while now I've been trying to play STar Wars The Old Republic, but I keep losing interest. The graphics are good. The outdoor envrionments are beautiful. Has a mature atmosphere. yet there's too much soloing. It goes on and on. Almost everyting is an instance. And the story feels forced. You can make a couple decisions during a quest, but it's small stuff. The overall story is fixed for your class. Feel boxed in and alone.
    Post edited by Hawkaya399 on
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    This version of EQ2 is nothing like the original 2004.
    Just a waste of time.