Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the motivation to play solo Online.

2»

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited October 2019
    Life isn't binary, with groupers vs. soloers. Some nights I want to group. Some nights I don't. It depends on many things.

For example, some nights I may have things going on in my life where I can't give a group my full attention, but I still want to play. Or I may only have a short time available, and would not be able to finish what I started if I grouped. There are a hundred possible examples. 

This thread sort of feels like the 1970s, where you were either a rock fan or a disco fan. No need to choose. Disco when you want to dance, rock to bang your head.
    Sovrath

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    To the OP...
    Maybe it's your attitude which makes people not wanting to group with you, and not the game ?
    I mean, if it's the same than on the forums here (I'm the guy who is always right against 200 people who are wrong), I doubt many players will want to group with you more than once...
    I'm sure this is one hundred percent impossible to believe, but since I only play mmoprgs to my style, I get along with everyone and then some by getting groups, instilling enthusiasm, pulling others out of solo ruts. I'm great at chatting in guilds but keep it focused on playing the game.  People often ask me first because the community often knows me and they know I can attract groups together. 

I'm also extremely humble and allow whoever is an expert at the content be in charge.  A good tank for instance will tell a group what to do, I'm totally fine with that.

Seriously, my gripes are not even with people here, it how games are made.... I don't agree games are made by request of players, infact their made their way and instill their believes on the people.... I get mad and people here take it as a personal attack. If you notice most of my post are strictly game related, it's not until people attack me is when I rebuttal.

No time to prof read, have to run out the door !   
    vandal5627
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Amathe said:
    Life isn't binary, with groupers vs. soloers. Some nights I want to group. Some nights I don't. It depends on many things.

For example, some nights I may have things going on in my life where I can't give a group my full attention, but I still want to play. Or I may only have a short time available, and would not be able to finish what I started if I grouped. There are a hundred possible examples. 

This thread sort of feels like the 1970s, where you were either a rock fan or a disco fan. No need to choose. Disco when you want to dance, rock to bang your head.
    Nonsense,  clearly there's only one correct answer ...Pie!
    SovrathAmathe[Deleted User]vandal5627

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Because I like the idea of being around other fellow nerds/dweebs/dorks/geeks/spazzes/etc..but we're pretty annoying.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Kyleran said:
    Amathe said:

Nonsense,  clearly there's only one correct answer ...Pie!

But... what flavor ? :/
    Homemade Boston Creme Pie
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    I typically do not group because the few hours I have to play in the evenings, I dont enjoy spending it waiting on others to gather, get ready, what not. I like to hop on, play and do what I please, without having to mess with waiting around on others. 

With that said, in certain games, there is content that does require me to group up. Anymore, I just simply do not invest my time in such games, or content. My game time is limited as it is. 

So I have found myself playing games such as Path of Exile, or Apex Legends. I can hop on, casually wind down in my evenings, and play the game at my own pace without having to wait on others or others wait on me. 
    Kyleran
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Best pie ever - Lemon Chess

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    edited October 2019
    Because I like both solo and grouping.  So I don't see why I can't solo in online games...

The OP should ask the people who solo 100% of the times why they play online games.  Since even if I'm a person who like to solo majority of the time but want occasional grouping... I dont' see why I can't play mmorpg.

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I like solo combat and most MMORPG are only combat.  I like to socialize doing other things like crafting, housing and etc.  Also most MMORPG you likely will never see the same person twice in the open world.  Kind of hard to make those connections.