Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Unchained Servers Have Heavy Load During Launch Yesterday As Steam Release Is Delayed - MM

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2019

Land grabs can happen in 2 ways| land rush, which is a graab and go at launch, or a camp and wait, someohas 1-50 bots on a plot and waits for the unlock. if the game was recoded, which I doubt, there is no real new mechanism keeping people from doing either or of these methods. Could there be a gm mechanic that holds of a land rush, maybe, but if soo why wasn't it used before ?
    You don't know what you're talking about. The land is locked and the servers will go offline for maintenance to enable them across the whole map at the same time. It's not the kind of situation where people will be able to stand around waiting to grab it as soon as it comes off a timer.
    ultimateduckalkarionlog
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited October 2019
    So far one good thing is they've avoided being DDOS attacked unlike the original launch, but my guess is they'll start up once the land lock is removed. 

I recall accusations in the past of some guilds orchestrating such while having set up some sort of VPN "path" which got their members around the attack permitting them a big head start on grabbing the best land.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    This is what I'm talking about. DMK is saying it's systemic while people actually playing the game say it isn't, and if it was, it's been fixed.

Prime is, in essence, spreading complete bullshit based on his experience from another launch years ago.

Neither one of these guys are actually playing this game, but they have no problem chiming in here to spit out utter bullshit. WTF is wrong with you people? You do know that some people come here for actual advice. When they see your rage induced ignorance, it doesn't do anyone any favors.
    alkarionlogvandal5627
    edited October 2019
    This is what I'm talking about. DMK is saying it's systemic while people actually playing the game say it isn't, and if it was, it's been fixed.

Prime is, in essence, spreading complete bullshit based on his experience from another launch years ago.

Neither one of these guys are actually playing this game, but they have no problem chiming in here to spit out utter bullshit. WTF is wrong with you people? You do know that some people come here for actual advice. When they see your rage induced ignorance, it doesn't do anyone any favors.
    Some things are systematic tbh. For example, if someone applied their pack to a character and then deleted their character before picking up the pack, maybe they wanted to change race or something.. there's no way for them to get the pack and start patron status.

You're right though. Most of these ancient AA players are so out of date that it's pretty funny.
    alkarionlog
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Land grabs can happen in 2 ways| land rush, which is a graab and go at launch, or a camp and wait, someohas 1-50 bots on a plot and waits for the unlock. if the game was recoded, which I doubt, there is no real new mechanism keeping people from doing either or of these methods. Could there be a gm mechanic that holds of a land rush, maybe, but if soo why wasn't it used before ?
    You don't know what you're talking about. The land is locked and the servers will go offline for maintenance to enable them across the whole map at the same time. It's not the kind of situation where people will be able to stand around waiting to grab it as soon as it comes off a timer.
    kid they have bots and hacks they don't even need to be close to place land, with is worse, they will have by now several building blueprints done, and since they don't need to finish teh building to place more, before you know there would be no land, and with no land you lose the best way to make money, with then you need to hope to get a fishing boat and hope even more no one steal from you after, trade packs are teh best way becaus you can do in peace land and no one can steal fishing in the other hand you can be ganked anytime.

you are new to the game, don't know sh!t and keep hoping ofr the best, everything what he said happened since the launch of the game and every fresh start server they made, what you guys are getting IS NOT NEW.

anyway i'm just waiting for the tears

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited October 2019

sure they "fix" buy something from the cash shop, "awesome" fix that one

if players behave like consummers and not like addcited drug users, maybe this kind on thing wouldn't happen

Some things are systematic tbh. For example, if someone applied their pack to a character and then deleted their character before picking up the pack, maybe they wanted to change race or something.. there's no way for them to get the pack and start patron status.
    You know, I recall similar issues back 5 years ago but not only in this game, especially if reward items are character bound rather than by account.

I lost my  original NA alpha rewards because I held off on logging in after the release for about about 6 months or so.

Before doing so I called support  who told me the time period to redeem the rewards had expired. (Trion still had decent online support back then) 

The rewards didnt bother me as much as the fact they also said my 3 free months had also expired which I saw no good reason for them not to reset so I never bothered even logging in.

FO76 has something like this now, purchases in the atomic store are bound automatically to the character you are logged in on.

If you don't notice the "purchase for another character" option at the bottom of the screen you are outta luck.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

kid they have bots and hacks they don't even need to be close to place land, with is worse, they will have by now several building blueprints done, and since they don't need to finish teh building to place more, before you know there would be no land, and with no land you lose the best way to make money, with then you need to hope to get a fishing boat and hope even more no one steal from you after, trade packs are teh best way becaus you can do in peace land and no one can steal fishing in the other hand you can be ganked anytime.

you are new to the game, don't know sh!t and keep hoping ofr the best, everything what he said happened since the launch of the game and every fresh start server they made, what you guys are getting IS NOT NEW.

LOL you are sooo out of date that you don't know how the tax certificate system works which restricts how many you can put down based on labor. There is no way to get the certificates until the land lock is removed. You are talking absolute shit.

Good god will you just piss off, seriously.
    vandal5627alkarionlogultimateduck

LOL you are sooo out of date that you don't know how the tax certificate system works which restricts how many you can put down based on labor. There is no way to get the certificates until the land lock is removed. You are talking absolute shit.

Good god will you just piss off, seriously.
    and when is removed you will log to a land full of blueprints waiting to be build and the small land paths will be ahving several player fighting for it, I know ignorance is a bliss but you are pushing it to a new degree.

and don't worry I tend to forget useless things like this, but when people start to make posts out of this game I will remember and laught
    edited October 2019

and when is removed you will log to a land full of blueprints waiting to be build and the small land paths will be ahving several player fighting for it, I know ignorance is a bliss but you are pushing it to a new degree.

and don't worry I tend to forget useless things like this, but when people start to make posts out of this game I will remember and laught
    Of course there's going to be blueprints waiting to be built. That's the whole fucking point of the land rush. There's like 20 times more housing plots in the game since you played it, though.

I told you not to bother replying to me on these forums on another topic. Do what I say please.
    alkarionlog
    Kyleran said:

You know, I recall similar issues back 5 years ago but not only in this game, especially if reward items are character bound rather than by account.

I lost my  original NA alpha rewards because I held off on logging in after the release for about about 6 months or so.

Before doing so I called support  who told me the time period to redeem the rewards had expired. (Trion still had decent online support back then) 

The rewards didnt bother me as much as the fact they also said my 3 free months had also expired which I saw no good reason for them not to reset so I never bothered even logging in.

FO76 has something like this now, purchases in the atomic store are bound automatically to the character you are logged in on.

If you don't notice the "purchase for another character" option at the bottom of the screen you are outta luck.

It's a silly system. Every character created should have your pack waiting in the mail automatically. That's how most other games do it. Hell, even the P2W ridden Neverwinter gives all your account packs and titles to every character.
    Kyleran
    edited October 2019
    sure they "fix" buy something from the cash shop, "awesome" fix that one

if players behave like consummers and not like addcited drug users, maybe this kind on thing wouldn't happen
    I'm not talking about the cash shop fix, which I didn't see as a problem to begin with. I'm talking about the "systemic" bugs regarding the release. While people are incredibly irritated, and rightfully so, they are far from systemic.

I don't see AA players acting like drug addicts. I see them as people who really liked the game but were driven off due to the PTW elements. Those have been removed and people are excited to get back into a good game. They seem hyper aware of making the same mistake again. Only time will tell if they can keep going down the good path.

The only people acting like an addicts are guys like you. You have no stake in the game yet you insist on taking your time to post completely incorrect information. It's like an addiction, you just can't help yourself.
    edited October 2019

Of course there's going to be blueprints waiting to be built. That's the whole fucking point of the land rush. There's like 20 times more housing plots in the game since you played it, though.

I told you not to bother replying to me on these forums on another topic. Do what I say please.
    lol what I do or not is not for you to decide, and this just prove my point, stop acting like a drug user then maybe I take you serious

also you lose teh point completely, the smae person will hold around 10 paths of lands before you even log, and the more they let the game going with the locks, more blueprints they will gather

you can negate all you want, but that don't make you right

good luck
    Good luck in life mate, you're one of the weird ones.
    alkarionlogultimateduck[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    edited October 2019
    Is there any EU server that does not have or have just small ques? ( Do not care what server just wanna game a little)
    edited October 2019

lol what I do or not is not for you to decide, and this just prove my point, stop acting like a drug user then maybe I take you serious

also you lose teh point completely, the smae person will hold around 10 paths of lands before you even log, and the more they let the game going with the locks, more blueprints they will gather

Please go read about tax certificates to find out why it's impossible for the same person to claim more than about 4 builds at land rush or shhhhhhhhhhhh.

I hope there's a language barrier here and that's why you don't ever understand what anyone is saying. Otherwise you're probably the most simple person I've ever spoken to.

If you don't bother learning about how they will stop that from happening, you'll just keep saying things aren't true and be wrong all the time.
    ultimateduckvandal5627

Please go read about tax certificates to find out why it's impossible for the same person to claim more than about 4 builds at land rush or shhhhhhhhhhhh.

I hope there's a language barrier here and that's why you don't ever understand what anyone is saying. Otherwise you're probably the most simple person I've ever spoken to.

If you don't bother learning about how they will stop that from happening, you'll just keep saying things aren't true and be wrong all the time.
    the same tax certificate, they can dupe?
    edited October 2019
    the same tax certificate, they can dupe?
    You're a reply addict. You have no actual knowledge of the current game yet you insist on chiming in any chance you get in an attempt to spread your ignorance. While I am sure there will be bots (as there is with just about every game) and I am sure there will be a land grab frenzy (as most people expect there will be) you seem have no actual knowledge of current game mechanics. You seem content on saying anything negative that you can come up with without any concern on whether or not it's true, and you continue to argue even when shown to be wrong.

You are either a being paid to spread lies, the most hateful ex-ArcheAge player in existence or a complete idiot with no concept of the level of your idiocy.
    alkarionlogvandal5627Kyleran
    edited October 2019
    I dunno man, in my book only a gaming addict would willingly join and wait through a 2000+ queue....

only to get disconnected and then do it all over again.

:D 
    ultimateduck[Deleted User]

Kyleran said:
    I dunno man, in my book only a gaming addict would willingly join and wait through a 2000+ queue....

only to get disconnected and then do it all over again.

:D 
    This is true. I would not be one of those people.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    where's the steam release? 

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    So AAU already has an exploit, and certain players have amassed several thousand gold now.. Which can be used to get BIS gear.. Gamigo is being radio silent about it.. Also from the start Bows and Instruments were not in the game for Archer class in the regrade system (for players to be able to upgrade).. This potentially will allow certain players to progress faster... Some things are locked behind labor, but gold stull plays a role with the labor and it is not easy to amass thousands without the above mentioned process..

PTS was longer but none of the issues were addressed, it seemed more like a commercial to draw in new players and those who left rather than to fix the issues.. I am currently a player from the Legacy and tried out the cheaper $20 version since it was supposed to be sans P2W..

The que has been roughly 4+ hours before getting to play which is normal.. But stability has kicked some players shortly once entering.. While others were not generating labor, and that fix wasnt found by Gamigo but by players. The official fix didnt happen til the 3rd day in which only left 1 possibly 2 days for other players to fully play and level to 50 to get the 16x16 farm to be ready for land rush on Saturday..

Gamigo did a survey on Discord and on their Forums to find out if players wanted to delay the rush ro not, then after they got their answer said they will ignore the result and release it on Saturday anyway.. Obviously players asked for a delay due to Archers unable to compete with other players who are able to level up their gear and level faster... The 0 labor issue... Server stability issues..

This release seems more and more like all other AA releases.. Trion is nothing if not consistent..
    Kyleran
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    how the land grab goes tomorrow will either kill or keep the population its got for atleast the short term.
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I honestly don't see this game going on for more then a month or 2.. hype wise.
    I tried the free version and i really don't get what's so special here.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    never played the previous archeage. Should I start now?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!