Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ocean Spark Studios Accused Oath Developer Ready-Up Studios Of Incompetence And Failure To Pay In Ne

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageOcean Spark Studios Accused Oath Developer Ready-Up Studios Of Incompetence And Failure To Pay In New Document - MMORPG.com News

As we previously reported, Ocean Spark Studios has accused the developer of the Kickstarter-backed MMORPG Oath, Ready-Up Studios, of failing to pay for work completed. Now, in a new document produced by Ocean Spark Studios, they are accusing the developer of incompetence, in addition of accusing the developer of refusing to pay for the delivered work.

Read the full story here

Comments

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    This got posted on /r/mmorpg earlier and it is sad to see so many people not consider that the partial information in that file might not present the whole story.
    thighhighs
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    edited October 2019
    I mean to be fair, I don't trust the developers of Oath but I also don't trust these guys. They were so damned adamant about the fact that the grass was their own, when in reality they accidentally uploaded the "paid asset" instead. So... I mean, they did exactly that.
    Also talk about an extremely petty team on both sides. These matters should be handled privately. Instead they've decided to throw it all into the limelight and let the sweltering fuckhole of internet opinions get wrapped up in the argument. This is doing nothing but causing drama for both sides. I honestly think this puts Ocean Spark in a far worse light, as it's quite a gross thing to do. Settle up in court. If you have documentation and they owe you 4,000 dollars get a lawyer.
    If anything I'm starting to believe that they got caught trying to reuse assets and now they're angry about it.
    elveone[Deleted User]infomatzAbimor
    I like to complain about games.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2019
    Well you need to understand all the implications and why they are trying to smeer Oath on the internet.
    First of all after already not being paid,then what,now spend your own money to hire lawyers?

Then there is an ever happening,likely more often than people realize where devs claim work was unsatisfactory,then again,what can they do,hire lawyers,spend more money?Example Blizzard too incompetent to make their own SC console version outsourced and turn down the finished product as not good enough what two times?How do we know the other parties ever got paid?

Microsoft has been doing that for years,stealing people's work and not paying them because most of the time,nobody can afford to fight in courts.I know because my buddies business got shafted by Microsoft on a few ideas,one being an interactive site and another being a face morphing program.

Then there can be many other possibilities like two businesses get along real well,one asks for some work to be done and the other agrees based on word of mouth and figures to get paid never signing a legit contract.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Hmm, news about two unknown studios fighting over the development of a game I barely have heard of and don't care about.

Riveting.....not.

:D 
    Canyen109LenoxWhiteLanternXarkoinfomatzAmatheTacticalZombeh

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BluntedJBluntedJ Member UncommonPosts: 26

Ridrith said:

I mean to be fair, I don't trust the developers of Oath but I also don't trust these guys. They were so damned adamant about the fact that the grass was their own, when in reality they accidentally uploaded the "paid asset" instead. So... I mean, they did exactly that.

Also talk about an extremely petty team on both sides. These matters should be handled privately. Instead they've decided to throw it all into the limelight and let the sweltering fuckhole of internet opinions get wrapped up in the argument. This is doing nothing but causing drama for both sides. I honestly think this puts Ocean Spark in a far worse light, as it's quite a gross thing to do. Settle up in court. If you have documentation and they owe you 4,000 dollars get a lawyer.

If anything I'm starting to believe that they got caught trying to reuse assets and now they're angry about it.

Wow, a voice of reason. Well said.
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    edited October 2019
    Ridrith said:
    These matters should be handled privately. Instead they've decided to throw it all into the limelight and let the sweltering fuckhole of internet opinions get wrapped up in the argument. This is doing nothing but causing drama for both sides. I honestly think this puts Ocean Spark in a far worse light, as it's quite a gross thing to do. Settle up in court. If you have documentation and they owe you 4,000 dollars get a lawyer.
    From what I've understood of the situation it seems like Ocean Spark wanted to resolve it privately and that's why they took the video down when they agreed with Stephen but apparently he blocked and cut all communication with them shortly thereafter and since they need the money that allegedly Ready-Up owns them to salvage their studio otherwise they probably will end closing.

I do agree that we shouldn't trust either side yet until we get a clearer picture because Ocean Spark's version of events is a bit... I don't know it sounds too naive from their part to trust and work without pay for so long and other red flags in their retelling of events to be true, however, there is really something fishy going on with this project though (Good thing I'm not a backer).
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Kyleran said:
    Hmm, news about two unknown studios fighting over the development of a game I barely have heard of and don't care about.

Riveting.....not.

:D 
    I'd much prefer that this sort of train wreck be about a game that I don't care about than one I had high hopes for.
  • MakilevenMakileven Member CommonPosts: 1
    Ready up studio are thieves. Simple as
    Dekahnalkarionlog