Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Preview - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Preview - MMORPG.com

Join Garrick as he recounts his experience playing part of the upcoming Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order at a recent preview event.

Read the full story here

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    0/10 no lightsaber dismemberment
    sumdumguy1swarmdienycplayboy78
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Looking forward to this and RDR2.
    sumdumguy1XarkoSovrathbartoni33SinsaiOctagon7711
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    to me this still feels way to close to the force unleashed, even takes place almost at the same time, just a little earlier. the general story is exactly the same though from what i understand, youre one of the few remaining jedi and its your job to start building the resistance...
    RoinAlomar
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Cool to see them have Dathomir in there. Hopefully the witches and warlocks will be involved, some of the coolest lore in SW universe.
    SinsaiwandericaOctagon7711
  • momintimmomintim Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Unfortunately I will be skipping, because its EA and they have proven they cannot make a game that will not eventually have MTX.
    NorseGodLexTalionJeroKaneKriggles
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 872
    I dont mind them creating new things and planets or have new unkown lore if it fits in with the rest. I don't like the agenda they have shoved down your throat in the new movies. I don't understand why everything has to be so pc for todays culture. as far as the game goes it looks meh I really widh they would make an elderscrolls esq game where you had free roam and all that in a Star wars settings.
    Viper482tannim78
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    Sounds like an interesting game.

Shame it's from EA, means a hard pass from me.
    [Deleted User]AlomarNorseGodJeroKaneKriggles
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820

That attitude likely has the opposite of the desired effect. 

EA's efforts at genuinely good consumer-leaning games tend to go unrewarded. I'm talking about the Titanfall 2's of their lineup. When these things flop, which they almost always seem to, that sends the message to EA that their more ambitious, story driven games don't sell. 

Reforming these companies is just as much about rewarding the good as it is boycotting the bad.
    SovrathGalacticBatMaddog666BeezerbeezGorwebartoni33ValentinaTacticalZombehRelampagowandericaand 4 others.
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    The game looks fine, but it diminishes the impact of Order 66 with another Jedi running around.
    Roin
    The game looks fine, but it diminishes the impact of Order 66 with another Jedi running around.
    Quite the opposite. The Star Wars EU has multiple examples of survivor stories and at multiple times shows how they are hunted. This is no different, and it's a great opportunity to experience this era of the timeline.
    Maddog666TacticalZombeh
  • nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Can we customize "Cal" he looks way to...to....Generic and Mediocre.....SIGH....
    Roin
    edited October 2019
    But the real question is, can I romance every blue and green woman in the galaxy?

Arterius said:
    It is still so weird to me to not be excited by something not SW related. I just feel nothing for this game at all. Excited for everything else SW for the rest of the year but this game looks so meh. If reviews are positive I will pick it up down the line though
    And I'm the opposite. The movies of the Disney era have been so vapid and disrespectful, that this game is the only genuinely interesting piece of Star Wars content to me right now.
    RoinF2Plaguebartoni33Valentina
    edited October 2019
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    But the real question is, can I romance every blue and green woman in the galaxy?

Arterius said:
    It is still so weird to me to not be excited by something not SW related. I just feel nothing for this game at all. Excited for everything else SW for the rest of the year but this game looks so meh. If reviews are positive I will pick it up down the line though
    And I'm the opposite. The movies of the Disney era have been so vapid and disrespectful, that this game is the only genuinely interesting piece of Star Wars content to me right now.
    Thats a weird since this game is heavily tied to the Disney era. I mean characters from Rouge One are showing up.
    Rogue One was fine. I actually enjoyed it. It's like the one good movie in all the crap.
    RoinLighttipXarkoJeroKaneTacticalZombehmilluxwandericaKrigglesjonp200
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

Arterius said:
    Thats a weird since this game is heavily tied to the Disney era. I mean characters from Rouge One are showing up.
    Rogue One was fine. I actually enjoyed it. It's like the one good movie in all the crap.
    I just wouldn't be surprised if they tie it more into the Disney Movies is all. I mean they keep saying that its canon and keep hinting that this character will be mentioned in later SW movies. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the game if he runs into Luke before he goes into exile or something

Edit: Scratch that just remembered this game takes place after 3. Not after 6
    Correct. This takes place between Episodes 3 and 4. Which is also the same time that Rogue One takes place. If the game is to be canon, it would be more surprising if it didn't contain some references to Rogue One. 
  • ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Never played Witcher or RDR and I won't play this. Can't stand playing a character I didn't create.
    AlomarRoinAeanderrojoArcueidXarkobartoni33Mendel

Deyirn said:

Greez Dritus a Latero species... So I see the same crap from the Mickey Mouse movies about "Ster Wers". They come up with new species, new planets and pretty much anything.

I was excited until I read this. Now this is a HUGE red flag. No need to read anymore and care about this game. It's going to be some trash with dubious plot like the other Mickey Mouse movies that makes absolutely zero sense and pushes some annoying agenda down people's throats.

Too bad Star Wars is dead. I guess I will go back to playing Star Wars Battlefront 1 (2004), Jedi Academy and read the Timothy Zahn books about the Expanded universe and rewatch movies 1-6.

Such a shame.

Show us on the doll where disney touched you.
    [Deleted User]jonp200Octagon7711
  • DeathboDeathbo Member UncommonPosts: 62
    I hope there is a cosmetic skin for him to look like the joker and sound like him.
    TacticalZombeh
    deathbo said:
    I hope there is a cosmetic skin for him to look like the joker and sound like him.
    He'd also be the second person to play a Jedi and the Joker.
    TacticalZombehDeathbo
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703

Aeander said:

That attitude likely has the opposite of the desired effect. 

EA's efforts at genuinely good consumer-leaning games tend to go unrewarded. I'm talking about the Titanfall 2's of their lineup. When these things flop, which they almost always seem to, that sends the message to EA that their more ambitious, story driven games don't sell. 

Reforming these companies is just as much about rewarding the good as it is boycotting the bad.

I boycott EA after finally realising that every game I've played that had their fingers on it ended up being disappointing. Not terrible, or broken or anything like that. Just disappointing. They tend to have a fairly solid core gameplay loop, but that's usually it. Almost every single EA game I play, I feel like I'm just starting to get into it, like just passed an extended tutorial........and then it ends. After investigating, I realised it's because EA stifles creativity, is almost completely risk adverse, and just isn't interested in making good games. They'd rather invest their money in graphics (that sell games), instead of investing money in great gameplay.

Combined with their habit of cannibilising interesting game studios and terrible monetisation, it just makes sense to not play their games any more.

That said, my primary objection really is that they make bad games. If they make a good game (by my standards) then I'd probably play it.

This game in particular, I like that it's Star Wars and I like the sound of combining combat with more of a platformer feel. But thats it. The combat itself sounds shallow, the progression very linear and predictable. I couldn't give a damn about story, I HATE story in my computer games (well, developer narrated story anyway).

So, yeh, looking at this game and what I know of it so far, I am predicting about 2 hours of initial fun, then mostly boredom with the occasional bit of delight at new Star Wars zones, and maybe an extra 10-15 minutes of fun if I unlock a new skill that happens to add some depth to the gameplay. That's purely from my personal view point though. I'm sure this'll be a great game for the masses, I've just been playing games too long to waste money and time on EA's mediocrity.

[One exception - the skate games. Still mediocre in general, but I'm just in love with the core skate skills]
    NorseGodKriggles
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    This actually looks pretty damn good. And a single player game!

Could it be that EA is rethinking their "everything must be an online GaaS" horseshit?

Color me very interested. 
    BadSpocksumdumguy1immodiumTacticalZombeh
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WingdoorWingdoor Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Cal must be the young Caleb from Star Wars Rebels. He dies around the time of the Battle of Yavin and never meets Luke Skywalker.
    Gorwe
    Apparently you can only be FULL OUTRAGE or FULL FANBOY of stuff these days. Must suck to be angry all the time.
    bartoni33
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    edited October 2019
    This thread reminds me so much why I hate most Star Wars "fans."

If it's not your perfect head-cannon, well it's just garbage.

I grew up on the original trilogy. I was in high school when the prequels came out. Hell, my parents first movie date in 1977 was Star Wars a New Hope!

I've played every (or nearly every) Star Wars game ever made, read the vast majority of the old EU books, love all 10 Star Wars films for their own merits.

I loved Battlefront 2, spent a ton of time in that game and never once paid for anything - that negative "hype" was COMPLETELY overdone and frankly disgusting to call such toxic people pissing on developers and their incredible work "gamers" or Star Wars "fans."

This game looks amazing. Like a Force Unleashed/Jedi Knight/Academy + Dark Souls + Metroid + Uncharted mash up of creamy Star Wars goodness. Will it be perfect? No of course not. I trust Respawn, I trust what my eyes and ears are telling me on everything I've seen/read/heard about this game, and I trust the opinion of professional game reviewers across a plethora of sites, including MMORPG.com.

I LOVE Star Wars. All of it. Even the campy or stupid parts. You know why? Because I'm a FAN!

So bring on Fallen Order. I can't wait!

(Also bring on Ep IX, I just hope JJ doesn't retcon all the great work RJ did in 8 with his Lost-esque crap.)
    Aeandersumdumguy1cameltosisTacticalZombeh
    edited October 2019
    BadSpock said:
    (Also bring on Ep IX, I just hope JJ doesn't retcon all the great work RJ did in 8 with his Lost-esque crap.)
    I legitimately laughed out loud. 
    BadSpockcameltosisGorwe
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Tired of controlling someone else's characters in these games. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the next Elder Scrolls has a pre-determined character you will be forced to play.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!