Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem brings back Cataclysm event with little fanfare in latest patch notes - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAnthem brings back Cataclysm event with little fanfare in latest patch notes - MMORPG.com

It looks like Anthem's Cataclysm event is back, according to the latest patch notes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I guess it gives those 5 remaining players something else to do.
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]infomatzmoroelJeroKaneXarkosneakerz007Panther2103
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Wait. This game released? lol damn...

Joined - July 2004

• dragonlee66dragonlee66 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    People still play this?
    [Deleted User]JeroKaneXarko

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Good changes. They're finally starting to understand that people want GREAT LOOT in a looter-shooter.
    arbi15JeroKane

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Karma. I love it.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Is this game really needing a double news post?
  • arbi15arbi15 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    the first cataclysm itself was a nice event with a fun activity and nice rewards from it. the bugs i had went from about 100( february) to like 2-3.

that being said, the basegame itself doesnt offer any reason to play the game.
    unless you like "JUST PLAYING",since its flight system and the skills are fun, but how long can that alone keep a normal humanbeing playing?

these updates and events are "steps into the right direction" as people like to call it. the steps are small but they are going "into the right direction".
    maybe the game can redeem itself like the other "initially garbage" games like warframe and destiny did, which both are glorified games today.
    and if not, nobody will shed a tear
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Event has 4 new surprisingly fun mini-games / instances / fights + 4 armor sets as reward. Also drop rate for legendaries increased 250% so I got two from 4 event boxes.

btw there are Mass Effect armor sets about to be released (datamined) - Krogan, Asari, Turian and Quarian.
    arbi15

Thank you for your time!

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Sadly as someone who enjoyed the game at one point, I just cant bring myself to reinstall it. Origin sub is canceled and its just not worth my time to resub or buy. Not enough content to make it long term fun.
    infomatz
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Elidien said:

Anthem standard edition is $9.99 at Amazon prime right now. Not sure its worth it.

It has been on sale here for 5 bucks for months already. Even that is too much. Still wouldn't pick it up if they put it an a Free pickup bin.
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    they should let anthem die tbh only part of it i kinda enjoyed was the story..... wont see noi more of that so kill servers and that will be that!
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I only clicked on this article to read all of the comments of people bashing the game.
    bcbullyarbi15FacelessSaviorShadowStyleBtannim78

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I have a feeling this will be dead this time next year. They really borked this up hard which is a shame because they had SUCH a cool concept and the moment to moment gameplay is damn fun but there's no content.
    FacelessSaviorDryxalineTacticalZombeh
  • sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Albatroes said:
    I guess it gives those 5 remaining players something else to do.
    ya this game is junk. The Devs should be embarrassed releasing this pile of poop.
    Darkpigeon
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    EA doesn't get it, limited time content doesn't help when the game's biggest problem is lack of content.

They are screwing up Battlefield V too as they keep making "limited time" game modes, including BF's iconic Rush mode on top of its lack of content and bug issue.

I think EA is the biggest example of game development actually hurting due to too much focus being put on MTX shops.
    TacticalZombeh

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    In summary...

FacelessSaviorShadowStyleBXoph
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315
    Honestly you guys let me down this time. I was expecting at least 10 to 20 comments on "People still play this?".

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited October 2019
    Honestly, I still think it's a better game than Destiny 2, lack of content aside. I loved the way it plays.

But Warframe absolutely trounces both. So much content, so much variety in goals and farming locations, so much playstyle variety, and much cooler weapons. And unlike the others, it has interesting melee combat.
    TacticalZombeh
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    NorseGod said:
    In summary...

Is he still alive? 
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Aeander said:
    Honestly, I still think it's a better game than Destiny 2, lack of content aside. I loved the way it plays.

But Warframe absolutely trounces both. So much content, so much variety in goals and farming locations, so much playstyle variety, and much cooler weapons. And unlike the others, it has interesting melee combat.
    Seriously?  Interesting?  Where your weapons pass right through enemies like you never even looked their direction?  Warframe lacks any kind of weight whatsoever, which is my biggest gripe about it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OVTgd37EsU

Riveting.
  • Portal154Portal154 Member UncommonPosts: 17

Honestly you guys let me down this time. I was expecting at least 10 to 20 comments on "People still play this?".

That's probably because people don't.
    I think I was one of the last to give up on this game, I tried to defend it because I really do like the game, but the lack of support and the lack of content just ruined it for everyone.

I hope they fix it one day though, the concept has huge potential.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Aeander said:

Seriously?  Interesting?  Where your weapons pass right through enemies like you never even looked their direction?  Warframe lacks any kind of weight whatsoever, which is my biggest gripe about it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OVTgd37EsU

Riveting.
    Impact or no, it completely shits on the melee combat in the alternatives.

Destiny has first person, single-hit melee (LOL) unless using Arc Strider's super or a sword, both of which are resource limited.

Anthem's melee combat somehow manages to be both slippery and rigid at the same time. Tying both movement and attacking into the animation means that the Interceptor will wail away at one target until the game decides to slide to another one and repeat the process, sometimes before you even kill the first target. It feels bad, and is even less weighty than Warframe.

Warframe on the other hand has dozens of melee weapon options, frames meant to synergize with melee, a combo system, blocking, and selectable stances for each type of melee weapon. It destroys the melee systems in its competitors so thoroughly that I don't even see how it can be debated.
    TacticalZombeh