Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Classic Releases Dire Maul Today Ahead Of Rest Of Phase 2 Content - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Classic Releases Dire Maul Today Ahead Of Rest Of Phase 2 Content - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft Classic is chugging along, as the Dire Maul update for Classic has hit servers today. As previously detailed, Dire Maul was originally slated to hit with the rest of Phase 2 content later this year, however the team decided to release it ahead of the rest of the content.

Read the full story here

Comments

• FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    Having a blast re-reading this old book. Can't wait for DM!
    [Deleted User]ManWithNoTanZenJellyVexiusx
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I have started my WoW journey on TBC release. Thought classic would bring back those nostalgic times for me - but it hasn't. The game is just too old, unattractive, slow, boring and non-competitive. I skipped this one, maybe TBC re-release (which is planned) is something that I'm waiting for.
    ZenJellyPureCalvinisVexiusxthighhighsHiromant
  • zachdayzachday Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Lol. Only releasing this early to try to keep people playing instead of ditching over their poor ethical choices. The only reason I played (my older brother) and his whole guild of military gamers quit because of the controversy. Moved on to destiny 2 and elder scrolls online.
    blamo2000jdlamson75ZenJellyJemAs666Vexiusx[Deleted User]Panzerbeorne39infomatzJeroKaneUnrealRpgand 2 others.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I love wow classic.  It is a great game and I was having a ton of fun playing it, and would have played it up through wotlk (and wotlk+ that didn't go the way of cata) - but I had to quit.  I can't support companies that put the CCP and profit over liberty, free speech, and individuals.  Fuck Blizzard and their Marxist masters.  
    Vexiusx[Deleted User]Drius75WaanPhrypantaro
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Oh god another blizz bad thread. 
    WhiteLanternManWithNoTanthighhighs
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    well, if they wouldn't have made the decision to seperate transmogs all of a sudden, i might be tempted, but this way... why?

been there, cleaned that. are they at least gonna re-release the REAL naxx some day?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    edited October 2019
    Looking forward to DM!

That said, while I am pro HK, you can't let people pull stunts like putting gas masks on during live streams... Talk about scaring the crap out of people..not a big jump to think he was going to pull a gun.

If someone did that at a school assembly or on prime time news, the person would like be arrested for security issues.
  • darkbalthdarkbalth Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Yeah I don't care about the HK shit. It's a fun game and I am enjoying it so hope they keep doing what they are doing.
    Vexiusx
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Rushing DM out is dumb. Most people aren't 60 yet and catering your release schedule to NEETs and streamers who play 12 hours a day is bad business. 
    acidbloodinfomatzJeroKanepantaro
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

Rushing DM out is dumb. Most people aren't 60 yet and catering your release schedule to NEETs and streamers who play 12 hours a day is bad business. 

I agree to a degree, but it is a nice gesture for pallies and warlocks in particular who have been 60 for a while and don't have their class mounts.
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212

#boycottBlizzard #FightforHKFreedom WoW Classic is terrible mmorpg anyway. Glad I cancelled my sub and went back to FFXIV which is a superior game in every way imaginable.

Nice nonsense, bet you never played wow to start with, get lost hippie.
    [Deleted User]Drius75Panzerbeorne39Phry
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

Agreed, for the vast majority there is still plenty to do without Dire Maul... it does add some nice QoL though (mage water, warlock mount, fills gear gaps, etc.) so on its own it is not bad (most private servers start with it open apparently), I just hope it doesn't set a precedent for accelerating future content (e.g. releasing BWL before most guilds have even set foot in MC / Onyxia).
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Huh? DM is a 55+ dungeon. Not just for level 60s. It’s catch up content so players who are more casual can catch up to those who play 12 hours a day.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited October 2019

Robokapp said:

#boycottBlizzard #FightforHKFreedom WoW Classic is terrible mmorpg anyway. Glad I cancelled my sub and went back to FFXIV which is a superior game in every way imaginable.

trolling is against forum rules.

So is being an asshat. Reported! Jk I still love you internt random who wants to suppress free speech against tyranny and the nefarious American corporations kowtowing to it.
    Yeah! Free speech for everyone! Unless you are not saying what we are saying in every thread, then you are against us! Funny thing.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    supx2
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• RunRabbitRunRabbit Newbie CommonPosts: 15

He was subbed to 'terrible' mmo 15 years after its release. You love wow classic no shame to admit.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    achesoma said:

Huh? DM is a 55+ dungeon. Not just for level 60s. It’s catch up content so players who are more casual can catch up to those who play 12 hours a day.
    We're in phase 1. There's nothing to catch up to.

DM is loaded with a good amount of BiS. Catchup gear would get you to a point where you could do current raid tier content, not replace current raid gear entirely.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Robokapp said:
    Its a shame that supporting companies who profit from chinese blood money isn't. :o
    [Deleted User]
    CHINESE BLOOD MONEY!!!!!
    pantaro
    Utinni said:
    CHINESE BLOOD MONEY!!!!!
    I know, some people like it, heaven only knows why, but it spends just like regular money, just ask leBron.  ;)
    [Deleted User]pantaro
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    And mmorpg.com was thinking, that blocking comments in one thread will silence people forever.

Ha-ha-haaaa...
    Phry
    Cygi said:
    And mmorpg.com was thinking, that blocking comments in one thread will silence people forever.

Ha-ha-haaaa...
    Yet the issue is still 'growing' i can imagine that Blizzard never imagined the size of the explosion when they lit the touch paper on this one, if anything its acquired a 'cascade effect' :p
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I remember Dire Maul. That was some serious fun.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Phry said:j
    Robokapp said:
    Its a shame that supporting companies who profit from chinese blood money isn't. :o
    Please name the company and people that do not.  So you are anti farmers, electronics, clothing, cars, plastics, recycling, hum what else have I forgot that is bound to the chinese markets these days.
    Horusra said:
    Robokapp said:
    Please name the company and people that do not.  So you are anti farmers, electronics, clothing, cars, plastics, recycling, hum what else have I forgot that is bound to the chinese markets these days.
    Nah dude its just blizzard!  :D :D
    Thupli
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Utinni said:
    Horusra said:
    Robokapp said:
    Nah dude its just blizzard!  :D :D
    The maximum amount of outrage for the minimum amount of effort.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kalderathvandal5627
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer