Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Lord of the Rings Online Opens Up Bullroarer Server For Minas Morgul Testing This Week - MMORPG.

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Lord of the Rings Online Opens Up Bullroarer Server For Minas Morgul Testing This Week - MMORPG.com

As Minas Morgul fast approaches The Lord of the Rings Online, the venerable MMO has opened up its test realm for players to get in there and break things. LotRO's Bullroarer server is now open for players to create a character and check out the Minas Morgul expansion early, helping to find bugs and issues before its full release on the live server environments.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Loading up the 20 hour patcher for Bullroarer.
    [Deleted User]JeroKane
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    best mmorpg still to this day! If you haven't played it - jump in! 12 years still playing, and relishing it!
    SovrathScotPirrayaAgent_JosephKrynt0k
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • MD24MD24 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Been in lotro for over ten years, good mmorpg, but not the 'best', there are plenty good or better mmorpgs out there, btw, I don't like those game worshippers in every mmorpgs, get real!
    [Deleted User]
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

MD24 said:

Been in lotro for over ten years, good mmorpg, but not the 'best', there are plenty good or better mmorpgs out there, btw, I don't like those game worshippers in every mmorpgs, get real!

Omg people have opinions over the internet?? That's so crazy. Only yours is what counts, correct? You're so right ,friend. Where would we be without your unmatched wisdom...
    PirrayaAlomar
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2019

MD24 said:

It is about remembering what the game meant to us and our guilds as much as "worshiping", and how good it is to see players still enjoying playing today. And yes, there are MMORPG's as good, with different strengths but you can count them on one hand.
    Pirraya[Deleted User]
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168

Scot said:

MD24 said:

It is about remembering what the game meant to us and our guilds as much as "worshiping", and how good it is to see players still enjoying playing today. And yes, there are MMORPG's as good, with different strengths but you can count them on one hand.

You literally saying what he said but in your own words....

any ways, I think the crowd that is left is not BSing themselves or anyone else, they know they are in a older and dated game that has had a finnicky monetization plan and even more up and down content releases that don't justify some of the prices. But there seems to have a niche crowd that keeps it alive. Just look at forums, they won't lead you astray, they will tell you "This sucks, this is good, this aspect sucks, youll need X dollars here, or do this for X time there, but seriously just pay X here"... etc... no ones claiming this is best, there might be one basement dweller that is drooling and will defend this title with his own replica of some axe or sword hanging above his PC....but..... minority.
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Shame to tell - I feel so indifferent. New raid - never go raiding, my PC too slow, RNG almost always takes everything from me, I am weakiest in group; new crafting tier -->new grind, no excitement; new esssences --> forgot to bother about them, new region means new essences; new factions --> more grind for 5 Lotro points, not excited; new territory - well, the only thing to wait for. Mordor was great, with great mood, immersion - almost everything was right there (except part where you fight Orcs for the glory of some Goblin). North Mirkwood was half-failure (black tree in black background while it's always dark with black river nearby), while light part was almost good (just NOT these political quests in Dale!). Dwarf Strongholds - total failure. Been here. Blank landscape. No cities. Existing cities remind some beggar settlements, epic (Black book) story was blank, nothing exciting and another part was extremely problematic to navigate, ending with point on fortress that was impossible to find. Beorning lands - so far nobody was excited, except one role-playing Beorning.
    Am I waiting for this region? Almost no. It would mean just heavy lag, nobody to group with (everyone rushes to new content).
    Though there is very small hope that folks who produced Mordor are back and may have made quality region, first after Mordor...
  • VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    edited October 2019
    'Ho there fair traveller, the shadow of Mordor is long and Minas Morgul is near taken by our allies. IF they fail the whole of Middle Earth is doomed. To turn the tide I require you to fetch me 20 bear livers and 40 albatros beaks before it's too late!'
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    'Ho there fair traveller, the shadow of Mordor is long and Minas Morgul is near taken by our allies. IF they fail the whole of Middle Earth is doomed. To turn the tide I require you to fetch me 20 bear livers and 40 albatros beaks before it's too late!'
    Yes, some of the quests leave a lot to be desired. That's why I almost always just do my own thing.
    tomahawk1930
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Shame to tell - I feel so indifferent. New raid - never go raiding, my PC too slow, RNG almost always takes everything from me, I am weakiest in group; new crafting tier -->new grind, no excitement; new esssences --> forgot to bother about them, new region means new essences; new factions --> more grind for 5 Lotro points, not excited; new territory - well, the only thing to wait for. Mordor was great, with great mood, immersion - almost everything was right there (except part where you fight Orcs for the glory of some Goblin). North Mirkwood was half-failure (black tree in black background while it's always dark with black river nearby), while light part was almost good (just NOT these political quests in Dale!). Dwarf Strongholds - total failure. Been here. Blank landscape. No cities. Existing cities remind some beggar settlements, epic (Black book) story was blank, nothing exciting and another part was extremely problematic to navigate, ending with point on fortress that was impossible to find. Beorning lands - so far nobody was excited, except one role-playing Beorning.
    Am I waiting for this region? Almost no. It would mean just heavy lag, nobody to group with (everyone rushes to new content).
    Though there is very small hope that folks who produced Mordor are back and may have made quality region, first after Mordor...
    Sounds like you don't like anything about this game.
  • 2TonGamer2TonGamer Member UncommonPosts: 50
    The game at this point is just nostalgia and makes me sad for what could've been instead of the over-priced same lame questing that it's become for each new xpac. They boast over 250 new quests but are they new, really? Spend $130 on a "legendary" bundle but reskinned horses/armor with a character leveling boost is hardly legendary and they really should learn to spell because they are actually defining a rip-off. Until they change their business model and try to actually do more things like the Bingo quests and stop trying to make balanced raids/instances and ditch Sev and that useless fake Cord, I won't sink another dime into it.