Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you play as a peaceful farmer in ArcheAge?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Can you play as a peaceful farmer in ArcheAge and only do PvE content?  Or is PvP forced upon everyone?

Thanks.

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Can you play as a peaceful farmer in ArcheAge and only do PvE content?  Or is PvP forced upon everyone?

Thanks.
    In some areas PvP is forced, every where else being troll bait is forced.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    edited October 2019

Thanks.
    If you stay in your safe zone, yes you can, but even in safe zone it's still an open faction pvp area If the other faction is brave enough you will still see red even in safe zone, but rarely because he probably will be hunted by people in your faction, when being hunted it is quite normal seeing 1 person being chased by 20 people. You could however go inside your house and lock the door, they can't go inside.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Thanks guys!  Yeah, I would want to do farming and trading only.  I would have no interest in PvP.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Thanks guys!  Yeah, I would want to do farming and trading only.  I would have no interest in PvP.
    Depends how many hours you'd plan to play tbh. You have a limited amount of labor points you can use for vocational things. You don't have to run trade packs, you can just sell on the AH. It's not as profitable but there's no PvP involved that way.

You can definitely focus on being a farmer most of the time though and lots of people do it. The least populated server is usually the one where the PvE players are.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    If you run trade routes, you won't have a choice.
    You actually do have a lot of choices.

Trading is all about taking your goods to somewhere with a good return. Some of those destinations are in zones that are on PvP/PvE timer. All you need to do to avoid PvP if you want is wait until the zone is PvE only.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited October 2019

Thanks.
    Unless they changed something since launch yes you can. You can even level to max (albeit slow) from just doing pve stuff (Had an alt who only used it for mining).

Obviously, the farther you travel with your goods to sell (trade packs) the better the price. I had my farms set in a pvp zone and would scout the area before moving my stuff. If you place your farms in contested zones you can also wait until there's a war as afterwards there's a peace stage where pvp is not allowed. I also believe they did a change (unless they reverted it) that you'd be safe when in your farm.

With that said, I don't know if they did something to combat trolls blocking bridges. That was quite annoying in safe zones, as you could do nothing against them.

[Edit]

If you're new this can also help:

While trade packs will eventually be the most profitable (Farming wise, else pve killing is/was the best), in the beginning stages even simple iron, wood, etc can net you some quick buck.

Also, when planting trees there's a tiny chance that it gets struck by lightning netting you a rare resource. These will net quite a few pennies but I'd hold them for the beginning as the price will rise (unless it's still available in the cash shop then disregard). Apart of that, there's underwater farming. Similarly to the thunder struck trees, there's pearls you can plant to harvest with a tiny chance of finding a black pearl. These are imo rarer and unless there's better gliders now, I would horde them as there's a very strong craftable glider that requires them.

Finally, there's livestock/mounts you can farm. Livestock is just for the resources, while mounts while albeit expensive, if lucky you can grow some great mounts that would sell for a high price.
    Post edited by Bloodaxes on

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Trading is almost 100% pvp reliant. Doing trade runs from safe zone to safe zone provides very little income. In order to see decent gains from trading you will need to be able to defend your load in order to make it through PVP zones.

To be perfectly honest, this game is not worth playing for a PVE player. The only fun to be had in this game involves the possibility of a PVP encounter. Getting the gold to buy yourself a home and a decent plot of land to farm will take you a long time.

Everything you want to do will cost more money than you can possibly make off of PVE content. You will be bored as hell waiting for your 8x8 scarecrow plot to produce results. Save your money dude, this game is not for you.
    Phry
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    F2Plague said:
    Trading is almost 100% pvp reliant. Doing trade runs from safe zone to safe zone provides very little income. In order to see decent gains from trading you will need to be able to defend your load in order to make it through PVP zones.

To be perfectly honest, this game is not worth playing for a PVE player. The only fun to be had in this game involves the possibility of a PVP encounter. Getting the gold to buy yourself a home and a decent plot of land to farm will take you a long time.

Everything you want to do will cost more money than you can possibly make off of PVE content. You will be bored as hell waiting for your 8x8 scarecrow plot to produce results. Save your money dude, this game is not for you.
    I disagree. Sure, the game has a ton of focus on pvp but there's also quite a few tasks to do as pve.

@OP as I mentioned in my previous post you can. Will it be challenging? Absolutely, but if I could stay in the game for around 3 months solely pveing, anyone can. I did occasionally pvp (only when I wanted it not forced), but only in war zones, that sort of battle ground game mode and that area I forgot the name where there was an event that spawned a ton of mobs that dropped tokens for weapons that is contested by both factions.