Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What class combination are you looking forward to?

JensynJensyn Member UncommonPosts: 158
Happy Unchained launch day! I thought while we're all waiting in queues and crashing we could talk about the classes we enjoy and what we're looking forward to trying. (I'm actually currently at work, but keeping an eye on the Discord chaos).

So: What class combination are you looking forward to playing the most, and why? Doing it for the name, or the meta? I played a caster last time, so I'm thinking about going the Trickster route.

If you aren't familiar with the classes and their names yet, you can find all possible combinations on this website. Just click 'Possible Classes' to expand all of the options.

Bookmarks are for quitters. 
alkarionlog

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2019
    I'm not trusting the Meta recommendations yet. Info on ArcheAge within the community has been poor the last couple of years. Everyone says Darkrunner or Fanatic. I think they are the lazy choices, not necessarily the best.

I'm going with Executioner first. I won a lot of fights on the PTS against level 55 players when I was around level 35 with it. Something I thought wouldn't even be possible due to gearing. I like the name and the stunlock potential if you play it properly.
    JensynalkarionlogKyleran
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • JensynJensyn Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Ooooh, Executioner looks aggressive! I love it. I'm really fond of the Occultism class tree in general, and have been trying to find other builds that work it in.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Darkrunner, yes it's a lazy choice, good about this is stealth, it's literary last as long as you crouch and out of combat. You might think huh? out of combat? well it's also worked if you are ganked by people and needs to run away btw this is an open pvp game you will get ganked.
  • SiniestrohSiniestroh Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I wanted to run Witch Doctor
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Arterius said:
    There are class combinations? XO i Thought there was just six classes
    Class combos are one of the cooler aspects of AA.
    rojoArcueid

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Arterius said:
    I think they claim over 200 combinations or some such thing. 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    Arterius said:
    220 now with the new skillset
    Kyleran
    Rhoklaw said:
    Oh look, another ArcheAge Unchained thread...

Shoo. This is for folks who are playing. ;)
    For this current version of archage I chose the the apps and programs / archage uninstall class :)  I think people won't take them long to see why Trion gave up on their line up of mmo's
    Then why bother commenting! :)
    Jensyn said:
    For this current version of archage I chose the the apps and programs / archage uninstall class :)  I think people won't take them long to see why Trion gave up on their line up of mmo's
    Then why bother commenting! :)
    Just don't bother replying to those guys. It's what they want.
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    The class combination with the coolest name, of course.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Sovrath said:
    Arterius said:
    That is really cool. I am not always good at class combinations, but i love the idea of it.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Arterius said:
    That is really cool. I am not always good at class combinations, but i love the idea of it.
    It's really complicated when you first look at it. The amount of effects and combos that proc across skills and other skillsets is pretty deep. You get the hang of it but you do need to stop and take the time to figure out and adjust your choices at some point.
    Kyleran