Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the big news item you hope to see when you open up MMORPG.com every morning?

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
For those of you who open up this site first thing in the morning and scroll through news items, what do you hope to find? Hardware reviews about the $300 microphones? Not so MMO reviews on the latest JRPG? Some new key giveaway for a temporary item from some F2P game you've never heard of? Star Citizen launch date? WoW goes F2p? Next FFXIV expansion, or do you just find it fun to come here and banter?

Mine would be - LucasFilm games working on new open-world sandbox MMORPG based on Star Wars IP in-house.

This may seem like a ******5230 question I know, and this is in no way a diss on this sites content; really I'm just curious as to what keeps everyone coming back here as I feel we are all waiting for some big news item to drop that never seems to come.

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

HatefullAmathe

Comments

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Breaking News: Disney bankrupt. Lucas buys Star Wars for pennies on the dollar. Plans trilogy where Jar Jar dies over and over on Groundhog day. 
    BruceYeeAmarantharultimateduckAlBQuirky
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited October 2019
    Hong Kong’s demands have been met!

tooo easy  ;)
    Post edited by bcbully on
    [Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    I come here for general gaming news that may pique my interest, and sometimes to participate in forum discussions. For matters of particular interest I go to forums focused on them.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I agree with OP  thats what mine would be.

But better.

"Company working in secret has full fledged AAA quality star wars galaxy remake fully ready to go with huge open world, etc.
    NorseGodAmathe
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    bcbully said:
    Hong Kong’s demands have been meet!

tooo easy  ;)
    Nuclear war with China imminent,  head to the vaults!

:D 

Even easier...
    AdamantineNorseGod

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Kyleran said:
    bcbully said:
    Hong Kong’s demands have been meet!

tooo easy  ;)
    Nuclear war with China imminent,  head to the vaults!

:D 

Even easier...

Phaserlight
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    I'm hoping to see it's 2004 again and the MMORPG world is filled with infinite possibilities. 
    HatefullAlBQuirky
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,821
    edited October 2019
    Guild Wars Remastered announced.
    rojoArcueidJensyn
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Blizzard announce that WoW will launch on next gen consoles ;D

I know it's not going to happen... don't hate.

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Dune AAA MMO Open's Today, 
    or SWG JTLS remastered Opens Today.
    NorseGod[Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I expect very little and expect articles that look very much like partner endorsements.I i see something better than those two expectations,then it is a win.

The format and structure of creating articles is very amateur and shows no passion for gaming.They call one of it's writers to contract an article on a game the site feels it needs to,normally for business reasons,then the writer goes on to tell us how much they love the game,always wanted to play the game,yeah a lot of BS.
    We could use some real passionate writers,ones that get angry when they see bad game dewsign,real giddy when they see some great system designs,but this whole vagueness and pandering looks lame,sounds lame and does nothing for readers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    1. AGS will invest in and publish CU, Pantheon, Crowfall.

2, Sony buys back Daybreak and commits to restarting development on EQNext. At the same time announces they worked out a 10 year deal with Disney that would allow them to re-release pre-cu/nge SWG.
    Sovrath
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited October 2019
    Wizardry said:

We could use some real passionate writers,ones that get angry when they see bad game dewsign,

No, I'd rather have real, level headed writers who intelligently talk about games. Not children like, say "angry joe" (though he has gotten a bit better over the years)

Angry does not equal passionate. Angry is just "angry" no control, just a vomiting of the ID. Usually for clicks. It's kid's stuff.

more like this guy:

HatefullKyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Just to see what's next.

And the same as you for SW.

Oh, and @Wizardry finally saying something that makes sense.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Sovrath said:
    Wizardry said:

We could use some real passionate writers,ones that get angry when they see bad game dewsign,

No, I'd rather have real, level headed writers who intelligently talk about games. Not children like, say "angry joe" (though he has gotten a bit better over the years)

Angry does not equal passionate. Angry is just "angry" no control, just a vomiting of the ID. Usually for clicks. It's kid's stuff.

more like this guy:

While i do like Angry Joe's reviews I have to say that ACG is at another level. A really good reviewer.
    Sovrath

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Alders said:
    I'm hoping to see it's 2004 again and the MMORPG world is filled with infinite possibilities. 
    Unfortunately we already know where these "infinite possibilities" went.

bcbully
    Stand Stone Games buys Vanguard SOH and begins updating graphics and and remasters the original work as a non instance game world !
    1. SOE aint selling. Duh.

2. Graphics update ? Wtf ? You dont play MMOs for top notch graphics !
    Blizzard [...] don't hate.
    Too late.
    rojoArcueid
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    new drama
    The thing I would like to see would be a MMO worth playing ... I'm not holding my breath though. And quite frankly I dont expect another one like those in my lifetime.

Everyone produces crap and people just demand prettier graphics, which is fun for maybe half an hour, maybe three hours, maybe even half a day, but after that and especially for a MMO it really doesnt matter much at all, but binds endless resources because high quality graphics is really a LOT of work.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Ill try again.

Cryomatrix's avatar wins highest single loot in entropia universe. 

[Deleted User]
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited October 2019
    Zombie Apocalypse finally occurs...patient zero determined to be gamer who died at his keyboard but never noticed and kept on playing .

PVP gets real.

;)
    [Deleted User]AmarantharbcbullyCryomatrixVermillion_Raventhal

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 450
    Chris Roberts and his crony lawyer buddy jail for fraud. Then they might actually put out a game.

Blizzard losing more than half their player base due to players growing some balls and boycotting them for bending over the sink for China.
    KyleranHatefullPhaserlight
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    If only, but if there was one big news item that i would hope to see, it would be 'Gaming Companies world wide boycott Tencent' .. well they do say without evil you can't appreciate the good, Tencent just highlights which is which.
    Kyleran
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Anything related to a current issue so that the newly and situationally woke kids can beam righteousness from their keyboards.
    KyleranAlBQuirkyHatefull[Deleted User]