Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained has broken their No P2W promises

Comments

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    edited October 2019
    Vandarix said:
    Meanwhile people still posting as if this is still a thing. lol.... They took it out after the community shared their concerns. Nothing on the Market will be tradeable now at launch or after.
    They never said they *removed it* just disabled , they will add it again after a month , if they had the best intentions they would of said *we removed it* period.

Also payed streamers that are in no way enjoying the game but giving false emotions in the process is also a huge hint as to their intentions.
    Soybean
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    I don't think there isn't a person here that didn't see that coming it was just a matter of when.
    that is the problem, most people who are defending the game are really beliving they will not put P2W marketplace in the game, and I already did my part someone I hardly kewn wanted to play the game told the whole history and not so keen anymore, so really I don't care if you want to burn your money, but please don't be a fool about it
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Vandarix said:
    Meanwhile people still posting as if this is still a thing. lol.... They took it out after the community shared their concerns. Nothing on the Market will be tradeable now at launch or after.
    They never said they *removed it* just disabled , they will add it again after a month , if they had the best intentions they would of said *we removed it* period.

Also payed streamers that are in no way enjoying the game but giving false emotions in the process is also a huge hint as to their intentions.
    like I said before its the whole labor pots, people complained they removed, month later, its baaackk
    I've happily bought the game. Random hater No. 16 hasn't got the credibility that I have, I have scoured every inch of it on the PTS and there isn't a sniff of P2W anywhere. Still doesn't stop the gankers though cos those guys are just more organized than everyone else, at least right now.

It's funny because the game all the haters wanted in the first place is finally here. It's a shame it took so long and it's crap they haven't given Unchained for free to anyone that bought an original founders pack but it's also sad that they'll miss out on the game they wanted.

The haters should really take a step back tbh because how this launch goes is going to shape the future of other Eastern MMOs released in the West. If it goes well we will start seeing more and more BTP without P2W. If it goes bad, I doubt we'll see another attempt.

Bless and Astellia were not the game changers because they just aren't very good games in the first place.

This is the one that can make all the difference. This is the example those eastern developers need to see work to convince them that this is the best way to do things over here.
    nice, I did the same during alpha, on archeage the first time on trion, no p2w, labor matters, crafting mats was there, combat smooth, all nice thing we liked, then launch date came and it was ridiculous the numbers of changes who was made, again what you kids are saying now all the old players already had, gamigo is not even doing anything diferent from what trion did, jsut change labor pots debacle with gifting on cash shop and you are pretty much the same

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    No matter what Gaming Companies do it will NEVER satisfy everyone....Theres always gonna be that Black Pea in a pot that wines and Cries....Get over it Snowflakes.....LOL
    I just hate changes that end up making a completely different game, ex. SWG.

I also hate entitled PvEers that knowingly play PVP games that complain until PVP is nerfed into pointlessness. They were not welcomed in the first place. lol

If studios can work within that, then great.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • skrowlskrowl Member UncommonPosts: 7
    After doing a Q&A session where players pointed out gifting premium items may be considered P2W, GAMIGO HAS REMOVED THE ABILITY TO GIFT PREMIUM ITEMS. THEY WILL BE BOUND WHEN YOU PURCHASE THEM.

Check their site. It's the truth.
    alkarionlog
    DMKano said:
    skrowl said:
    After doing a Q&A session where players pointed out gifting premium items may be considered P2W, GAMIGO HAS REMOVED THE ABILITY TO GIFT PREMIUM ITEMS. THEY WILL BE BOUND WHEN YOU PURCHASE THEM.

Check their site. It's the truth.

Which was established way up in the thread which you didn't read.

The question remains - why did they even enable this to begin with? I mean it shows their intentions pretty clearly - fleece the players.

A company that was really just focused on "pure cosmetics cash shop" - why would they even consider gifting premium items? Yep they wouldn't - which the fact that this fiasco about gifting even happend - clearly shows their true intention.
    and I will repeat labor pots all over again, XL tried to put labor pots, people complained they backed, saying they are listening, a month later, labor pots back and this time no complaings worked XL wanted and tehy put, with also make me rememberone little thing trion used to say a lot, they didn't had any access to the patch everything was done on XLgames and send.

do I really need to point out the definition of insanity? doing the same thing over and over hoping for a diferent outcome
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    edited October 2019
    It doesn't matter . People will always buy gold online. Most games aren't ruined because of it. If you think the market for buying a gay sailor or French maid costumes for gold is so lucrative that it will outweigh the damaging effects of third party gold sellers, then you may have a point... but I don't think that's the case. This type of post is little more that the same crybabies that bitch about every other game on the market and people that just want to say "I told you so".
    AA has always been like a python. Slowly the company started charging people labor for things they did not charge them before like some of the guilda star quests. It cost 10 labor just to grow a leomorph or horse. It did not seem like much at first.

Any new coin purses that came out would cost more labor to open than the last tier of purses. If you were in the library a lot like I was, it cost quite a bit of labor to open certain purses, crates and to identify any drops. The amount of items you got in these purses and crates decreased over time. Certain items became scarce like garden powder was for a while. 

If you maxed out that proficiency, eventually they nerfed that too. So if you had 180k proficiency, then it was like you had 90k. The same was true with the trade packs, it cost more labor, materials and effort to do the same thing.  Ever so slowly that python was wrapping itself around the player base. It did not start out that way but it gradually became that. But wait! There is a solution for that labor problem. There is a labor stipend that you can buy.

Then something else came up! In order to buy seeds to plant you need vocation badges. Well you only got so many per day and now those packs cost more mats to make. Oh but wait! There is another solution! There is the vocation stipend you can buy! It did not start out that way.

If you want to craft it cost you small amounts of gold, copper and silver, where as before it did not. Slowly over time the game was eating away at your labor, gold and time. This is where the python had the player base in a death grip.

Now in comes Gamigo. They are charging us for a game that most of us have already paid for. Right from jump street we are going down the same money grabbing path. It is only a matter of time before we hear how XL games is the bad guy brutally twisting the arms of the poor, poor Gamigo staff, forcing them to allow the gifting of packs. It is only a matter of time before we hear about a "new" type of pass that grants extra labor and vocation that you can buy for an extra $10 on top of the other pass you paid $10 for. In your eyes we are all crybabies for noticing. We are supposed to just shut up and hand them our cash.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

do I really need to point out the definition of insanity? doing the same thing over and over hoping for a diferent outcome
    Definition of insanity is the state of being seriously mentally ill, not what Einstein apparently said.
    alkarionlog
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Definition of insanity is the state of being seriously mentally ill, not what Einstein apparently said.
    thanks for confirming my point

I was just pointing out that when people say that definition to look clever, they actually look really stupid and illiterate.
    moshravandal5627
    and I will repeat labor pots all over again, XL tried to put labor pots, people complained they backed, saying they are listening, a month later, labor pots back and this time no complaings worked XL wanted and tehy put, with also make me rememberone little thing trion used to say a lot, they didn't had any access to the patch everything was done on XLgames and send.

In the last live stream they talked about Big Data Dude finding the code to put fluffy (an npc) on the PTS. Which was proof they had access to the code all along and were able to change things without XL Games permission.

I was just pointing out that when people say that definition to look clever, they actually look really stupid and illiterate.
    I know hence why i'm trying to help here, too bad you can't get it

I know hence why i'm trying to help here, too bad you can't get it

You don't even understand what I'm saying.
    alkarionlog
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Soybean said:

In the last live stream they talked about Big Data Dude finding the code to put fluffy (an npc) on the PTS. Which was proof they had access to the code all along and were able to change things without XL Games permission.
    Gamingo is not Trion. . . so if Trion said something and Gamingo does something else WHO THE F CARES?

Gamingo's current licence for AA is for sure not the same as the one Trion had.
    cheeba
    And saying this gifting of cosmetics items makes this version of AA pay to win is like saying chess is pay to win because one can pay a Grandmaster to take the place of a kid at a highschool tournament regardless of tournament rules. . .

if you convolute logic enough you can make any game seem p2w. . .even solitaire.
    [Deleted User]cheebaalkarionlog
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    sayuu said:
    And saying this gifting of cosmetics items makes this version of AA pay to win is like saying chess is pay to win because one can pay a Grandmaster to take the place of a kid at a highschool tournament regardless of tournament rules. . .

if you convolute logic enough you can make any game seem p2w. . .even solitaire.
    That is one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen. If you gift cash shop items to someone in a game, that isn't the same as a high rank player replacing a child in a tournament. 

Gifting cosmetics was seen as P2W because you could trade money for cosmetics within the rules in game. As opposed to having to risk buying gold from a seller which is against TOS. 

Didn't they remove the gifting anyways?

Also where did you get the information that Gamigo has a different license for AA than Trion had? They bought Trion so wouldn't the license be the same?
    Rhoklaw said:
    Anyone that thinks AA wasn't P2W the last two times it was launched, deserves to get burned... again. Can't fix stupid.
    It's been P2W since the first Alpha went down, it just wasn't insanely P2W until like what a month in to the first launch when they introduced Thunderstruck Logs to the cash shop?
    alkarionlog
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    edited October 2019
    Soybean said:
    Able to isn't necessarily accompanied by permitted to.
    alkarionlog
    I got the info from the internet. ( namely XLGames website ) 

As far as the gifting being p2w goes,  trading money ( I assume you mean in game currency and not real currency ) for some one to gift them a costume was for sure not going to be within the rules of the game. . .

. . .I make that statement because I used my very small brain to logically deduce that if gamigo wanted that to happen and sanctioned it they would have simply made the cash shop items tradeable between players

they didn't
    your wrong

. . .the analogy stands. 
    Iselinalkarionlog
    edited October 2019
    sayuu said:

As far as the gifting being p2w goes,  trading money ( I assume you mean in game currency and not real currency ) for some one to gift them a costume was for sure not going to be within the rules of the game. . .

. . .I make that statement because I used my very small brain to logically deduce that if gamigo wanted that to happen and sanctioned it they would have simply made the cash shop items tradeable between players

they didn't
    your wrong

. . .the analogy stands. 
    But they can't stop someone from just trading a large amount of currency and the other player just so happens to give you a gifted cash shop item in return. It's what happens in quite a few MMORPG's (hell I traded a bunch of WoW gold for a cash shop mount a couple times), unless it's stated in the TOS specifically that you cannot give someone a large amount of currency for nothing. 

Usually they catch gold farmers by the characters / accounts being flagged and trading big amounts of currency, but I doubt they could do it to legit players.
    sayuu said:

they didn't
    your wrong

. . .the analogy stands. 
    But they can't stop someone from just trading a large amount of currency and the other player just so happens to give you a gifted cash shop item in return. It's what happens in quite a few MMORPG's (hell I traded a bunch of WoW gold for a cash shop mount a couple times), unless it's stated in the TOS specifically that you cannot give someone a large amount of currency for nothing. 

Usually they catch gold farmers by the characters / accounts being flagged and trading big amounts of currency, but I doubt they could do it to legit players.
    yes your right, that is why when the community brought it to their attention they removed gifting.

but going back to the chess analogy I made, RMT from a unauthorized 3 party for in-game advantage does not make a game P2W. . .unless you think Chess or solitaire are P2W because you can pay to cheat. . .

alkarionlog
    Soybean said:
    Able to isn't necessarily accompanied by permitted to.

but they admitted to doing it on the live stream. The did not wait for a patch to come from XL games. So now what?

alkarionlog
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    But here is the question.

Is Fluffy a bot inside the game itself?

Or

Is it a separate entity that is outside the games code parsing chatlogs then executing a preset GM command to give people stuff? Similar to a chatlog/dmg parser with a trigger command.
    sayuu said:
    Gamingo is not Trion. . . so if Trion said something and Gamingo does something else WHO THE F CARES?

Gamingo's current licence for AA is for sure not the same as the one Trion had.
    Who cares? The people getting lied to and burned care. The people who got burnt in the game before care. 

Maybe the license is the same and maybe it isn't we can only just speculate. Some of the ex trion employees are working for or with gamigo and we are being given the same old song and dance back then as we are now. We were told so many times how Trion could not do anything with the game and had to wait on XL but the lies are showing through.  Many people already see the writing on the wall for what is to come. It is only a matter of time before unchained becomes p2w.