Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they ever add a way to skip to max level?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
I quit after the release of the first expansion. They added more level grind which made me stay in GW2. Is there an item shop item yet that can allow me to skip to max level to enjoy the full game?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

KyleranSovrath[Deleted User]alkarionlog

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Yep, but it's a player made item only,  I can sell you a "max level token" for only $999, payable in Bitcoin, Certified Cashiers Check or of course, cash.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    I quit after the release of the first expansion. They added more level grind which made me stay in GW2. Is there an item shop item yet that can allow me to skip to max level to enjoy the full game?
    enjoy the full game? How do you enjoy the full game when your "at the end of it?"

And are there mmorpg's that allow you to jump to Max level? I know Lord of the Rings Online has a huge level boost, maybe World of Warcraft as well. But that's not Max level.

I think Guild Wars 2 might be your best bet.
    Kyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
    Sovrath said:
    enjoy the full game? How do you enjoy the full game when your "at the end of it?"

And are there mmorpg's that allow you to jump to Max level? I know Lord of the Rings Online has a huge level boost, maybe World of Warcraft as well. But that's not Max level.

full game? you cant experience the full game unless you a max level.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Sovrath said:

I would say the "full game" would also include all the quests that lead up to max level.
    cheeba
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    edited August 2019
    Sovrath said:

Right, so pay your dues,  earn your way there, are you sure you understand how progression (and monetization) works in MMORPGs?

I tell ya, kids are just soft these days, just soft. In my day we had to level up hill in the snow......with nary an experience boosting potion in sight.

Hey, EVE permits players to transfer characters to others, can I interest you in a nice, high skill point character which can fly and fight anywhere in the EVE universe and tackle all content the game offers?

Cheap.

;)

(Disclaimer: CCP permits scamming in game and will do nothing about scams from transactions outside of official channels.)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    I know you can buy a lvl 65 item to level up immediately.  I'm not sure whether that is max lvl or not though.
    Kyleran

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    It's so sad about Rift.  It started off with such promise.  And then got caught up in its own underwear. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    And here I thought this was something companies dreamed up. Apparently skipping 90% of the content in an RPG to get at the repetitive grind at the end is something players want... who knew.
    moshra
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    don't you guys love this paradox thing?

he want to enjoy the full game, by skipping half of it.
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    They did one better.  You can download the game. Install it. Skip to the part where you're max level and tired of playing. Then uninstall it. Saved me a whole bunch of time.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited August 2019

Can only Skip to 65 with a item from item shop. The rest is doing level 65+ main quest with a xp point and with patron to make it as for you can get to level 70. Avoid the gear in the item shop is a waste if thinking about it, as it's no where close to max level gear in the game. Need to raid for max gear and weapons.
    Kyleran
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:

I would say the "full game" would also include all the quests that lead up to max level.
    Which proves my point. A non max level can't do all that. A max level can do anything and everything 

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,052
    edited August 2019
    Rhoklaw said:
    Do they sell books with just the last chapter? Man I hate reading.

I don't agree with the op....but this is a stupid analogy. Playing MMO's like Rift just for end game is a pretty common thing, and it's not like Rift's story/leveling is something anyone would really "miss". Now if we're talking FFXIV or SWTORO....your analogy is valid.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I think the OP is simply trying to say that he wants to be max level so he has access to all the content, from level 1 to max level. That is indeed only possible by being max level yourself, he doesn’t want to skip content, just the levelling process.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MMOExposed
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MrNylonMrNylon Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Rift is at death's door , don't bother playing it. Maybe try archeage?

• StormbowStormbow Member UncommonPosts: 201
    edited October 2019
    DMKano said:
    Seriously Rift probably won't survive for much longer - don't waste your time on it.
    MrNylon said:

People have been saying that about RIFT since 2013. They must mean "on a cosmic scale" timeline or something.
      A max level can do anything and everything 
    False. Some quests are limited to their own level range.

Po_gg
  • StormbowStormbow Member UncommonPosts: 201
    edited October 2019
    Stupid forum doesn't let us delete our posts.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,809
    Stormbow said:
    DMKano said:
    Seriously Rift probably won't survive for much longer - don't waste your time on it.
    MrNylon said:

People have been saying that about RIFT since 2013. They must mean "on a cosmic scale" timeline or something.
    No, not dead dead but it's dead.

Last major update was 2 years ago, Rift Prime was shut down and only skeleton crew left to keep the servers up.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Xiaoki said:
    No, not dead dead but it's dead.
    Maintenance mode != dead...
    Stormbow's right, they say it all the time, on several games. My favourite is LotRO, I believe the first "this game is dead" was around 2009 :)