Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Update Provides Updates on Support Classes, Bug Fixes, More

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageCamelot Unchained Update Provides Updates on Support Classes, Bug Fixes, More

Camelot Unchained's latest developer update provides insight into Support Classes, the Dark Fool, Bug Fixes, and of course provides us with new art to look at.

Read the full story here

Comments

• EightBitNinjaEightBitNinja Member UncommonPosts: 34
    As the game continues to be pulled together, I am more and more pleased that I backed this! Can't wait to jump onto the test servers and test the Dark Fool.
  • TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320

As the game continues to be pulled together, I am more and more pleased that I backed this! Can't wait to jump onto the test servers and test the Dark Fool.

I've been back and forth on the $35 package because I would like to give this a try but not sure if I should wait just a little bit longer.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I don't know what a dark fool is, but I will go with the name alone and play one.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Amathe said:
    I don't know what a dark fool is, but I will go with the name alone and play one.
    Name is kinda applicable to all backers who are kept in the dark regarding a launch date.
    Asheramgervaise1natpickDryxalineXarko[Deleted User]Panzerbeorne39[Deleted User]necrolockMikeJezZand 6 others.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

Is there an actual game yet? Or is it still just 3 groups killing each other?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited October 2019

Is there an actual game yet? Or is it still just 3 groups killing each other?
    None they're willing to share with the world...or even keep up on a 24 x 7 test server.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited October 2019

I've been back and forth on the $35 package because I would like to give this a try but not sure if I should wait just a little bit longer.
    Wait a lot longer.  They're still having backers test basic systems.  There's no real content to test.  Unless you like watching paint dry, I mean.
    Viper482
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    They need to update the name to something else. Unchained is from like ten years ago and was never cool even back then. This game is going to be so niche as it is I don’t understand how they plan on making money.
    Maybe they can call it Camelot Xtreme.  It seems like it's been development since around that time.
  • PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 122
    DMKano said:
    Ooh new art to look at!

A silver shield and a wooden trashcan lid!

Neat

HA! Yea this is why the NDA is still up. CSE has been up front about the fact that they are devoting resources to game play first and cosmetics second.

I would wait until the commit to a 24/7 beta server. Right now servers are up in very limited quantities and many of the game's front-end systems still need a ton of work.
    Alomar
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

DMKano said:

Ooh new art to look at!

Neat

HA! Yea this is why the NDA is still up. CSE has been up front about the fact that they are devoting resources to game play first and cosmetics second.

I would wait until the commit to a 24/7 beta server. Right now servers are up in very limited quantities and many of the game's front-end systems still need a ton of work.

So about 18 months?
    [Deleted User]JamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• lothariclotharic Member UncommonPosts: 34
    How many years ago did I back this? How many years ago did they get extra funding to finish the game?

(6 and almost 2, for those keeping score at home).
    [Deleted User]
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Half of this game is still a concept...don't bother backing if your goal is to play it. I will keep saying this....if you are looking for a beta to participate in this is not it. They are calling it beta to keep from getting crap for being in alpha so long....but any other game would be calling this alpha.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    I hope you can wait.
  • albertshawzalbertshawz Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    A silver shield and a wooden trashcan !!
    JamesGoblin
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    lotharic said:
    How many years ago did I back this? How many years ago did they get extra funding to finish the game?

not as many as star citizen ^^
    mcd6993

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Thane said:
    lotharic said:

not as many as star citizen ^^
    Indeed SC's KS was October 18th 2012 whereas CU's didn't launch until April 2nd 2013 (with both teams having done some pre-KS work the previous year to showcase.)

This clearly explains why CU's development is 5 months behind SC's.
    [Deleted User]
    They need to update the name to something else. Unchained is from like ten years ago and was never cool even back then. This game is going to be so niche as it is I don’t understand how they plan on making money.
    Maybe they can call it Camelot Xtreme.  It seems like it's been development since around that time.
    Clearly it should be Camelot Eternal....

:D 
    Slapshot1188tweedledumb99

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    DMKano said:
    Ooh new art to look at!

Neat
    Still better then Astellia right? RIGHT?!!  :p

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    JamesGoblin
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer