Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daybreak Games Hit With Mass Layoffs, Employees Confirm - MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    Amathe said:
    I have mixed feelings.

I never like to see people lose their jobs.

This is the company that bungled EQNext, so I hate them.

This is also the company that owns the EQ IP, so I don't want them to tank.

Don't know what to say.
    Once they crash and burn all we can hope for is that a competent company finally ends up with the EQ IP. 
    DragonJockey
  • peewee78368peewee78368 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Welp this is what happens when you pushed away SONYS Deal. Now ur laying people off and this studios days are NUMBERED
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited October 2019
    DMKano said:
    Surprised they haven't shut down the studio at this point.
    My assumption when they took over was that they would operate each game until such time as it ceased to be "sufficiently profitable" at which point they would close the game.

With this - latest - round of cutbacks I assume they expect to continue to make (some) money.

With each title you close though the remaining titles have to support an ever greater share of the overheads. A death spiral.

I don't see anyone buying DBG either. The "assets"? There will come a point at which the only thing that can be cut are the current management overheads - so maybe. As I said earlier though DCUO may not be one of those "assets" - its "entangled" with DC and WarnerBros. 
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    I can't tell if people are just bitter over EQ Landmark/Next or not (you were all warned). That to me is Smedley's fault, not DBG.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    How does trump fit into all this?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    NorseGod said:
    I can't tell if people are just bitter over EQ Landmark/Next or not (you were all warned). That to me is Smedley's fault, not DBG.
    Do you have evidence of that?