Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained Brings Down PTS Servers Ahead of Launch - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge Unchained Brings Down PTS Servers Ahead of Launch - MMORPG.com

ArcheAge Unchained has brought down its PTS servers on Sunday in order to prep for launch.

Read the full story here

Comments

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Who else is tempted to give Trion a shot with this ?
    IselinKyleranRemyVorenderTacticalZombehPurplePepenecrolockCaffynatedLife2vLexTalion
  • zyzololzyzolol Member UncommonPosts: 7
    *ArcheAge Unchained 15th \o/*

*US: Wynn*
    *EU: Alexander*

Go to either, or go uninstall.
    LeFantomeAsch126gastovski1larroxxPuReDusT
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    edited October 2019
    Go to one of those if you want a 7hr que on launch
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Launch is probably going to be carnage.

Expect it or don't bother trying to play at launch if you can't handle a rough first few days.
    sycogenesis
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • blazingcutblazingcut Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Never played Archage before it would love to give this a try, but i’ll be outpace and take advantage of by veterans, so nah.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Never played Archage before it would love to give this a try, but i’ll be outpace and take advantage of by veterans, so nah.
    doubt you could even log to be taken advantage of lol,

its like the archeage launch from years ago, they know how many players will log, they know how many servers they need to have, but they will ignore and you can wait 40 hours in the queue to log, with people never quitting the game, so tehy don't need to wait in the queue again
    Iselin
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

its like the archeage launch from years ago, they know how many players will log, they know how many servers they need to have, but they will ignore and you can wait 40 hours in the queue to log, with people never quitting the game, so tehy don't need to wait in the queue again

They actually log people out when they are idle in AAU. You can't even leave it on the character select screen, it eventually kicks you back to the server select screen.
    alkarionlog
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

They actually log people out when they are idle in AAU. You can't even leave it on the character select screen, it eventually kicks you back to the server select screen.
    never heard of weights on your keyboard then leave the horse running do you? there is a lot of hack for this game you, really belive a macro will not work? there is several ways to cheat that, in a nice and legal way, imagine what it have with cheats
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

never heard of weights on your keyboard then leave the horse running do you? there is a lot of hack for this game you, really belive a macro will not work? there is several ways to cheat that, in a nice and legal way, imagine what it have with cheats

So?

That happens with every game. It's the players doing that, not the company.
  • AureltAurelt Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I will not be playing on launch. I dont trust them. if they're not making this p2w in two months after release I might ( JUST MIGHT) try this.
    BonejokerDarkpigeonLexTalion
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    I will probably dip my toes in the water, but not at release. I'll give it a week or two fir things to settle down.

alkarionlog
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I may give it a go again in a week or 2 once the launch rush has spread out a bit.
  • whoywhoy Member UncommonPosts: 53
    It's so obvious that this is a scam.
    Quote me three months after the launch, tell me I'm wrong.

Expect some game companies use the same trick, relaunch their F2P mmo into B2P with no P2W as bait.
    alkarionlog[Deleted User]infomatzLexTalion
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I can't believe I'm saying this....but I bought in and I'm gonna play tomorrow. My mmo itch hadn't been scratched in so long....but I'm optimistic.
    KyleranCryomatrix
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    How is unchained different? I remember the original would ask of you so much money for gear it was ridiculous.
    LexTalion
    How is unchained different? I remember the original would ask of you so much money for gear it was ridiculous.
    What Kano means, but refuses to say out loud, is that there's no P2W in the game at the moment. Some people think they might add it later, some think they won't. No one really knows what will happen.
    GroqstrongPurplePepe
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    DMKano said:

achmede said:

Who else is tempted to give Trion a shot with this ?

I hope nobody since Trion has been dissolved and liquidated ;)

Forget this game, pre launch it had promise...with the nerfs to class stats no thanks.
    LexTalion

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    i just went the cheapest pack so its not much if a loss if it becomes ptw later on.
    PurplePepe
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Would have loved to have tried this but just simply can't afford it right now, maybe once Christmas is done and dusted :)
  • HivesHives Member UncommonPosts: 203

Krynt0k said:

I can't believe I'm saying this....but I bought in and I'm gonna play tomorrow. My mmo itch hadn't been scratched in so long....but I'm optimistic.

I'm in the same boat as you. I figure 2 pizzas is a cost of a low founders pack so why not. I bought the $140 pack before and was burnt so i do have doubts.
  • NixeskaNixeska Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I thought about it. Then I looked over the classes and races and it all started flooding back to me. I played it at release and it was fun for a week or two and then misery set in.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    What Kano means, but refuses to say out loud, is that there's no P2W in the game at the moment. Some people think they might add it later, some think they won't. No one really knows what will happen.
    They are still running the f2p with cash shop version of course.
    edited October 2019
    DMKano said:

There is 100% chance that P2W will be added to Unchained at some point - because retail is going to go to shit, and XL and Gamigo will want to cash in as much as possible off unchained.

Like you want to believe that XL and Gamigo don't want money over all else?

come on now - everyone knows that P2W is inevitable and guaranteed - only a matter of when

The whole "no P2W at launch" is bait, just to get you in so they can P2W you later - this is as plain as day. 
    It's not inevitable, nothing is as plain as day and the way you try to push it as if it's some kind of fact ruins the credibility of anything you say. It's your prediction, nothing else. Your game here is to keep saying they'll add it, then if they haven't in 6 months you'll just say they'll add it in the next 6 months. It'll never stop. You'll refuse to be proven wrong and you'll nerdgasm if you're eventually proven right. All the while attempting to slander the game as much as possible to try put people off.

It's really weird what you're doing here. It's like some expert level forum PvP where you either cruise around all cocky like you know something everyone else doesn't or you gloat if you're eventually proven right. You're setting yourself up for success, in your mind, either way. Extreme egotism.

My reply to Grogstrong was the most genuine and factual thing anyone could say about AAU right now; we do not know what will happen but there's no P2W at the moment. Yours wasn't. 
    cheebaPurplePepeCaffynatedalkarionlog
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

There is 100% chance that P2W will be added to Unchained at some point - because retail is going to go to shit, and XL and Gamigo will want to cash in as much as possible off unchained.

Like you want to believe that XL and Gamigo don't want money over all else?

come on now - everyone knows that P2W is inevitable and guaranteed - only a matter of when

The whole "no P2W at launch" is bait, just to get you in so they can P2W you later - this is as plain as day. 
    It's not inevitable, nothing is as plain as day and the way you try to push it as if it's some kind of fact ruins the credibility of anything you say. It's your prediction, nothing else. Your game here is to keep saying they'll add it, then if they haven't in 6 months you'll just say they'll add it in the next 6 months. It'll never stop. You'll refuse to be proven wrong and you'll nerdgasm if you're eventually proven right. All the while attempting to slander the game as much as possible to try put people off.

It's really weird what you're doing here. It's like some expert level forum PvP where you either cruise around all cocky like you know something everyone else doesn't or you gloat if you're eventually proven right. You're setting yourself up for success, in your mind, either way. Extreme egotism.

My reply to Grogstrong was the most genuine and factual thing anyone could say about AAU right now; we do not know what will happen but there's no P2W at the moment. Yours wasn't. 

Just exposing an obvious from a bait and switch - that is all.

Call it egotism - I dont care - once P2W kicks in - at least remember what I said, will you?
    How could I forget? You've said it about 400 times in the last week alone.

I never said they won't add it so I don't get why you even said that. I said we don't know. You're not proving anything to anyone. No one cares if you're proven right or if you're proven wrong. You are seriously wasting your time.
    alkarionlog
  • LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
    I for one am extremely excited as Archeage is one game I have always found myself going back to and loving. I believe Gamigo in their interactions with the community have been more receptive to player feedback than many developers which gives me hope. There will inevitably be changes to the cash shop as they have to generate the funds to continue to maintain but I believe the actual P2W cash shop items will not make it back, certain items that may give players a slight advantage such as certain types of gliders and pets may make it in at some point but I am cool with that. The engagement level of the community in this release has been pretty wicked, you can see this if you have been following and participating.

Anyone who is an ex-lover of AA or has not tried it out yet the entry fee of $25 is well worth the enjoyment you will get out of this release. 
    PurplePepealkarionlog