Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forum Discussion: Can PvP and PvE Coexist? - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Tiller said:
    Flag to PvP, unflag to stop doing that and go about your life. There, all that is needed in any MMO.
    To each their own, but to me flagging is one of the worst mechanics ever.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

DarkHigh said:

Fascinating conversation? Did this guy just start reading the site? This is the 3218th time this exact topic has been discussed on here.

Let me guess, the next few fascinating discussions:

Are cosmetic items P2W?

Can PvE games really be P2W?

Are lootboxes gambing?

Cake vs Pie?

First off, Pie>Cake you piece of *!#(

j/k =P

Well my fave always been Boston creme pie ,but is it really a pie or a cake?

Topic at hand...

Yes it could in theory but i have seen no indication one single dev has a clue or the effort to make pve-pvp work.I could make it work in a fair manner but devs are just using pvp because that is all their low budget can design and/or throwing it in for more sales but nobody takes it serious.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Wizardry said:

DarkHigh said:

Fascinating conversation? Did this guy just start reading the site? This is the 3218th time this exact topic has been discussed on here.

Let me guess, the next few fascinating discussions:

Are cosmetic items P2W?

Can PvE games really be P2W?

Are lootboxes gambing?

Cake vs Pie?

First off, Pie>Cake you piece of *!#(

j/k =P

Well my fave always been Boston creme pie ,but is it really a pie or a cake?

And, what about "cheesecake".  It sure seems like pie, but they call it cake?

It's great that the staff wants to encourage discussion, but it's rather like pissing in the wind to split said discussion into two separate threads.
    They should just merge the original into the news post or vice-versa from now on.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Check Ave of Wushu rule set. I’ve never seen it done better.

there must be reasons to PvP and those reasons must make you way risk vs reward.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited October 2019

TheJoda said:

I doubt vanilla WOW was the only game that got open world PvP right. Blade & Soul has a great system for example.

you... actually think WoW got PvP right?
    PvP in WoW always was a sidegame, and never will be more, blizz once even said they will never have balance for PvP, but i guess with them running "pro" pvp now... this kinda changed?

anyway, the PvP on WoW comes down to "uh look, even tho we played 30 mins next to each other, i know you will attack me as soon as enough of you guys are around, and once i killed enough of your brave heroic friends, you will start running for the phasing"

four words: dark age of camelot.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2019
    Guys can we keep the politics out of a thread that is about gaming? I am not going to pretend I am not sometimes drawn into such issues but lets at least try to draw a line.
    Slapshot1188
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    Scot said:
    Guys can we keep the politics out of a thread that is about gaming? I am not going to pretend I am not sometimes drawn into such issues but lets at least try to draw a line.
    It's mmorpg.com's fault for shutting off the comments section in this article:

https://www.mmorpg.com/hearthstone/news/blizzard-responds-regarding-blitzchung-hearthstone-ban-says-pro-hong-kong-views-not-a-factor-1000054075

Slapshot1188
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Cygi said:
    Scot said:

https://www.mmorpg.com/hearthstone/news/blizzard-responds-regarding-blitzchung-hearthstone-ban-says-pro-hong-kong-views-not-a-factor-1000054075

No, they should not have published that article and we should not have made a thread to make up for the inability to comment. But this is not that thread done as an answer to no comments, this is a gaming thread yet the politics has to spill out on here?
    Slapshot1188
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    Scot said:
    Cygi said:
    Scot said:

No, they should not have published that article and we should not have made a thread to make up for the inability to comment. But this is not that thread done as an answer to no comments, this is a gaming thread yet the politics has to spill out on here?
    Making an article and blocking comments?
    I even used the "contact us" link at the bottom with a question about this blockade - I'm still waiting for the answer.
    Someone is a coward.

It's thier fault.
    Slapshot1188
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    On topic: No, never.  If it works great in PvE it's broken or gimp in PvP and vice versa.  

If you want to do both, you need to have a set of skills for PvE and a set of skills for PvP.  Or at least make them function very differently in the two environments.
    Scot
  • obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804
    I think pvp and pve should be seperated. Consentual pvp should exist on pve worlds like faction and guild wars.