Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Update Features New Map, UI Updates, More

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Update Features New Map, UI Updates, More

Ashes of Creation offers up a developer update with a new map, UI updates, and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    edited October 2019
    Wording of the title of this article is a bit deceiving.. I was expecting Ashes of Creation not apocalypse. Not to say I don’t like Apocalypse. The image of it too shows only AoC.
    TheJodaKyleranAlomarAzaron_NightbladeTokkenDryxalinePirrayaCelcius

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Click bait indeed!
    KyleranAlomarAzaron_NightbladeDryxalinePirrayaFolmen

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Wake me up if they start working in the mmorpg
    Kylerangastovski1AlomarDryxalineMange1PirrayaFolmen
  • dipzicanwondipzicanwon Member UncommonPosts: 17

Greatness said:

Wording of the title of this article is a bit deceiving.. I was expecting Ashes of Creation not apocalypse. Not to say I don’t like Apocalypse. The image of it too shows only AoC.

Exactly why the vast majority of the people who left negative reviews on Steam are right about being upset with this game. Everything about it seems as deceptive as it can possibly be, including the news about it
    KyleranAlomarFolmen
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
    edited October 2019
    This is their Fort Nite copy cat Apocalypse, NOT the MMO. But I wouldn't be surprised if Intrepid Studios asked them to word the article this way on purpose.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    edited October 2019
    I'll say two things.

1st: Looks like we are getting AAA graphics

2nd: Why do the characters faces look like they been up all night on meth.
    MrOfficer
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Looks good but your can't play looks, its all going to be down to the gameplay.
    MrOfficer
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I don't like the streak of news coming from AoC lately, looks like their focus is entirely on the BR version and the MMO has been degraded to an afterthought, if at all.
    PirrayaAlomarAzaron_NightbladeMrOfficerinfomatz
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    I really wanted to play the MMO. So sad they are going this route.
    PirrayaAlomarMrOfficer
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Scam company that never intended to make a MMO in the first place
    More and more it appears the plan is to sell a BR to fund the MMORPG.

I think the originally promised $30M has either evaporated or never was actually there.
    Slapshot1188dipzicanwoninfomatz

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• tinnistinnis Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited October 2019
    they only released a new map because their battle royale games were running at 20 out of 100 players, so they made this map that is 20% the size to run at a maximum of 20 instead...
    KyleranMrOfficervirdie
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited October 2019
    Do whatever you want with your BR, but.....
    In case you release the MMORPG, please :
    a) don't make the characters like they've just sniffed crack
    b) do remove the fluo crystals and all the neon colorization from the world (this isn't the '80s)
    c) do hire a costume/arms designer
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• tinnistinnis Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited October 2019
    Arterius said:
    tinnis said:
    they only released a new map because their battle royale games were running at 20 out of 100 players, so they made this map that is 20% the size to run at a maximum of 20 instead...
    if you actually believe they made a map for that reason then I have a nice bridge to sell you
    k. you are free to ask around.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Kajidourden
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Remali said:
    Wake me up if they start working in the mmorpg
    Seems real familiar to another game in development.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Scam company that never intended to make a MMO in the first place
    No i think they intended to but it all went downhill during the Twitter debacle.Friends lost,trust lost among owner and employees.

What i believe also happened is they expected a lot more hype,investment and when that didn't come through it was time for a new approach.

So being not of sound mind,the owner THOUGHT,BR was doing so well for ev1 else,let's see if people bite on that with our game.Well he was dead wrong and i could have told him that b4 the attempt in about 2 secs.

So now there is nothing good inside the house,no more hype,no go on BR,there is very little left to do but stick with the MMORPG,put in the effort and pray or just give up.
    dipzicanwonPirraya

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited October 2019
    Greatness said:
    Oh, I fully expected it.
    Seems to be becoming a trend on this site.

They seem to know that if they put Apocalypse in the title, few people are going to bother clicking it, so they leave it out on purpose. :joy:
    Kyleran

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Its nice to see that the battle royale backers asked for is putting out new stuff and bug fixes. Wait, what do you mean backers didn't want a battle royale? Oh.....well this is awkward.
  • CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140

I'll say two things.

1st: Looks like we are getting AAA graphics

2nd: Why do the characters faces look like they been up all night on meth.

Because they've been smoking meth before they made the video.
  • cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189
    I doubt this game will ever be a mmorpg.

Pirraya

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• PirrayaPirraya Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited October 2019
    I'm glad this ''game'' is leaving the top list of 'in development' game on this site.
    They seem to be pumping out content for apocalypse a lot, while the original mmo has yet to show anything but empty areas of land (placeholder?).. There are no lore for this game being built, no heart, no wondrous atmosphere. Why can they not pump some decent content for the mmorpg when it's so easy to do for the BR?
    Post edited by Pirraya on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    da9elbs said:
    I'm glad this ''game'' is leaving the top list of 'in development' game on this site.
    They seem to be pumping out content for apocalypse a lot, while the original mmo has yet to show anything but empty areas of land (placeholder?).. There are no lore for this game being built, no heart, no wondrous atmosphere. Why can they not pump some decent content for the mmorpg when it's so easy to do for the BR?
    My theory is they need to make money on APOC to fund continued development on the MMORPG.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2019
    Visuals and places to explore and see is a good thing to have in games,but the entire design of a game has to come together like a world and not look like a bunch of assets tossed down.

The game design is what i look for ,i can see right early once in a game if anything as well thought out.

I am not hearing anything about this game yet that tells me there is an organized design.Yes there was the early talk about some behind the scenes code changing the towns but is this a one trick pony?Then i have to wonder,was that design idea ever finished because i doubt it.

The first thing a developer needs to think about is the players first steps into a game world.MOST are lazy developers,they simply toss you down in front of some npc with a yellow marker over it's head.I want to see some quality design for once,make me feel like i just walked into a real world.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AngreeegamerAngreeegamer Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Wizardry said:
    Visuals and places to explore and see is a good thing to have in games,but the entire design of a game has to come together like a world and not look like a bunch of assets tossed down.

The game design is what i look for ,i can see right early once in a game if anything as well thought out.

I am not hearing anything about this game yet that tells me there is an organized design.Yes there was the early talk about some behind the scenes code changing the towns but is this a one trick pony?Then i have to wonder,was that design idea ever finished because i doubt it.

The first thing a developer needs to think about is the players first steps into a game world.MOST are lazy developers,they simply toss you down in front of some npc with a yellow marker over it's head.I want to see some quality design for once,make me feel like i just walked into a real world.

You follow their MMO news? Cause their MMO Alpha 1 map looks dope even on medium unoptimized settings: Their Alpha 0 map was beautifully designed as well: Apocalypse looks thrown together since it's literally just assets from these worlds thrown together for a test map focused on refining their action combat skills and server stability.
    bng28
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Greatness said:
    I think that larger problem is Interpid's naming practices are deceiving. They picked up names that require too much effort to differentiate.