Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained has broken their No P2W promises

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    [Deleted User]CelciusNorseGod

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    edited October 2019
    yonpachi said:
    apparently by allowing cash shop gifting. 

Here is the link for more details http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?355397-Gifting-Credits-and-why-it-is-quot-Pay-to-Win-quot
    This seems like a bit of a stretch. Unless gifting people stuff for gold in game (basically trading cash shop items) is officially allowed, this isn't really P2W. That is like saying since gold sellers will exist it's p2w.

Oh hey, read further into thread and turns out they already changed it. That is that I guess lol
    [Deleted User]
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I've happily bought the game. Random hater No. 16 hasn't got the credibility that I have, I have scoured every inch of it on the PTS and there isn't a sniff of P2W anywhere. Still doesn't stop the gankers though cos those guys are just more organized than everyone else, at least right now.

It's funny because the game all the haters wanted in the first place is finally here. It's a shame it took so long and it's crap they haven't given Unchained for free to anyone that bought an original founders pack but it's also sad that they'll miss out on the game they wanted.

The haters should really take a step back tbh because how this launch goes is going to shape the future of other Eastern MMOs released in the West. If it goes well we will start seeing more and more BTP without P2W. If it goes bad, I doubt we'll see another attempt.

Bless and Astellia were not the game changers because they just aren't very good games in the first place.

This is the one that can make all the difference. This is the example those eastern developers need to see work to convince them that this is the best way to do things over here.
    I think Lineage II and FFXIV already did that for Eastern mmorpgs but I agree that this is an important step for this game in particular. Not sure why you think it just Eastern mmorpgs though? Outside of WOW what do Western mmorpgs show? WOW, GW2 and ESO have wildly different pricing schemes. As do FFXIV and BDO. 
    This not an East versus West conversation. It is how relevant mmorpgs are at all from any region. 
    For fans of this kind of mmorpg I am excited for you/them. I hope long term it works out for you.  For fans of the mmorpg genre as a whole though it is once again placing hopes on old games to carry the future......or to see the genre through it's swan song. 
    Eastern tend to be worse at the P2W thing. It's largely accepted over there. I can't be bothered having a big discussion about it with examples and some kind of back and forth... but every MMO player knows that most of the time it's the Eastern games that offer P2W incentives through things like tiered RNG upgrade systems. There's some examples that don't, sure, but there's 20 times more examples that do.

What I don't want to see is Lost Ark and the new Lineage being ruined like ArcheAge was in the beginning. BDO's success isn't helpful towards avoiding this.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Lol way to fail Gamigo. 

Theu showed their intention early

How many times did I tell you guys that the shit they say on streams holds zero water.

Expect more of this post launch - Gamigo has zero integrity- all they want is to hook as many players in with "no p2w" promises and then crank up P2W post launch. 

No surprise- more P2W will come post launch
    They've confirmed they are removing the gifting already. Keep up buddy.

Umm do you not understand what "shows their intention early means?"

They were planning to do this post launch but let it slip early. 

Saying "oh no wr wont do this" is just to protect pre-sales and orders.

They will still do this - at some point.

So you keep up buddy :)
    Lol come on.. this was clearly an oversight that they've removed as soon as they realised their mistake.

If they were being that calculated they wouldn't have slipped up on the PTS.

It's hilarious you think they are all sat in some room rubbing their hands together and cackling about how much they are going to trick everyone. It's kinda cute.
    mcrippinscheebaultimateduck
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited October 2019
    DMKano said:

The P2W post launch is already planned.

They are not rubbing their hands as this was decided months ago.

What's hillarious is that you are believing the story Gamgio is selling you

P2W in AA Unchained is 100% guaranteed to happen - the only question is when
    I'm not believing anything. I've looked and seen and right now I decided it's worth a purchase. I don't plan on playing any game forever anyway. If anything's different on launch day then I'll issue a charge back through the bank and that'll be the end of it.

I think that if the game fails then they'll probably ruin everything by looking for more ways to make money. If it's succeeds and is popular with this model they'll hopefully leave it as it is.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    DMKano said:

I'm not believing anything. I've looked and seen and right now I decided it's worth a purchase. I don't plan on playing any game forever anyway. If anything's different on launch day then I'll issue a charge back through the bank and that'll be the end of it.

I think that if the game fails then they'll probably ruin everything by looking for more ways to make money. If it's succeeds and is popular with this model they'll hopefully leave it as it is.

I wouldn't even worry about it. If they implement P2W you will already have gotten your money's worth by that point.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Celcius said:
     That is like saying since gold sellers will exist it's p2w. 

Yup. It's the oldest and most common form of P2W that allows someone to throw cash at games to gain an advantage. In this case gold to buy the most powerful and expensive AH items they can buy.

What seems to be confusing you is the notion that it is only P2W if it's legit through the company itself. That's not the case. There is sanctioned and unsanctioned (gold and item and leveling sellers) P2W and the unsanctioned variety has been around much longer.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    Celcius said:
    DMKano said:

I wouldn't even worry about it. If they implement P2W you will already have gotten your money's worth by that point.

The word you are looking for is "when" not "if"

Look everyone can spend their money as they wish, but giving money to a company like this - only enables the game companies to keep screwing over the players.

You want to change the current state of video games - dont give your money to obvious scams

Strange , we were telling you that for 6 years about Trion and you White Knighted your way right thru it for 6 years ... It did not seem to bother you then , but that line of thought did not fit your Agenda or narrative ...  Anyone that has watched your act over the last 6 years should realize you have zero credibility when it comes to anything Trion or there IPs, as you were wrong for 6 years ..

White Knight turned Black is truly transparent and pathetic

RexKushmanNephethgrimalcheebaDragnelus
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,267
    There are some people who post here that I can't remember them ever saying anything good about any game. They are posting "fact" that is little more than their negative opinion they seem to have on every game. Of the thousands of posts they have on this site, how many are positive posts about a game? I bet that it isn't that many.

I quit AA because it was P2W. Their regrade system made it impossible to progress past a certain point without dumping a mass amount of money into it. It is a great game if it wasn't for that, which seems to be addressed. Let's hope they can keep it clean.

I think the P2W reaction of people being able to trade costumes purchased in the cash shop is ridiculous. It's the same people who do nothing but bitch about every game ever mentioned, popping in and screaming "I told you so". Even though Gamingo removed the silly issue, these same people are claiming they had some inside knowledge about how this has been planned for months or how future events will play out... clearly they have no idea how long this was planned or what's planned for the future. They just want to feel justified in their nonstop bitchfest.

Guess what, you idiots don't know any more than anyone else. You don't have to buy the game or play it... ever. Coming here and spewing your negative nonsense does nothing for anyone.
    Nepheth
    Save the children.
    ;)
    RexKushman

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    edited October 2019
    Using that logic, any game that has gold farmers that sell gold for money can be considered P2W, which is every game in existance. It seems what you're asking for is a game where nothing is trad-able therefore nothing can be bought or sold with real money.
    Well most MMOs try to stamp gold farmers out, not sure how you consider that my reasoning would ban gold farmers is such a bad thing?

After that you have extend my reasoning in such a way that would be detrimental to a solid MMORPG. I am not saying people cannot sell items to others that they have made themselves for example. But nothing that is bought in the cash shop should be sellable to another player. Including items which need cash shop components to build.

I would include gold farming here, but for different reasons. They are selling for a commercial profit usually as a third party organisation. They have no interest in building a good game just milking it.

Trade in a MMO should be for items which players have made or collected as loot, not bought for real money.
  • mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256
    WoW is P2W, where is the big outrage thread for that?
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
    Scot said:

Well most MMOs try to stamp gold farmers out, not sure how you consider that my reasoning would ban gold farmers is such a bad thing?

After that you have extend my reasoning in such a way that would be detrimental to a solid MMORPG. I am not saying people cannot sell items to others that they have made themselves for example. But nothing that is bought in the cash shop should be sellable to another player. Including items which need cash shop components to build.

I would include gold farming here, but for different reasons. They are selling for a commercial profit usually as a third party organisation. They have no interest in building a good game just milking it.

Trade in a MMO should be for items which players have made or collected as loot, not bought for real money.
    It doesn't matter . People will always buy gold online. Most games aren't ruined because of it. If you think the market for buying a gay sailor or French maid costumes for gold is so lucrative that it will outweigh the damaging effects of third party gold sellers, then you may have a point... but I don't think that's the case. This type of post is little more that the same crybabies that bitch about every other game on the market and people that just want to say "I told you so".
    Soybean
    edited October 2019
    Scot said:

It doesn't matter . People will always buy gold online. Most games aren't ruined because of it. If you think the market for buying a gay sailor or French maid costumes for gold is so lucrative that it will outweigh the damaging effects of third party gold sellers, then you may have a point... but I don't think that's the case. This type of post is little more that the same crybabies that bitch about every other game on the market and people that just want to say "I told you so".
    All we can expect is for MMO companies to do the best they can, I don't think anyone expects them to have a magic bullet. I think it would probably be best if you left your wild interpretations of what my posts really mean to yourself. You seem to have a habit of trying to link what somebody is saying that you don't like with other posters you don't like and issues that have no relevance to the post in hand.

I am not sure where you even disagree with me, you presumed my first post meant something it did not and now seem to have widened the discussion to every MMO on the market. As always we will see where the truth lies when AAU launches, as to exactly how P2W it will be. This may be a storm in a tea cup.

Scot said:
    All we can expect is for MMO companies to do the best they can, I don't think anyone expects them to have a magic bullet. I think it would probably be best if you left your wild interpretations of what my posts really mean to yourself. You seem to have a habit of trying to link what somebody is saying that you don't like with other posters you don't like and issues that have no relevance to the post in hand.

I am not sure where you even disagree with me, you presumed my first post meant something it did not and now seem to have widened the discussion to every MMO on the market. As always we will see where the truth lies when AAU launches, as to exactly how P2W it will be. This may be a storm in a tea cup.

I think the premise of what people are all up in arms about in this conversation is ridiculous. It seems they are looking for any reason to bitch.

I don't know your intent, I'm just responding to your posts. Seems you think I'm for P2W or gold sellers. I'm not. I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of people thinking this is proof that AA is trying to screw them. So, perhaps it would be best if you left your wild interpretations of what my posts really mean to yourself. ;)

ScotPurplePepealkarionlogvandal5627
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I don't think there isn't a person here that didn't see that coming it was just a matter of when.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited October 2019
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

It's hilarious you think they are all sat in some room rubbing their hands together and cackling about how much they are going to trick everyone. It's kinda cute.

Meanwhile, at XLGames...

Kyleran
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    Scot said:

I think the premise of what people are all up in arms about in this conversation is ridiculous. It seems they are looking for any reason to bitch.

I don't know your intent, I'm just responding to your posts. Seems you think I'm for P2W or gold sellers. I'm not. I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of people thinking this is proof that AA is trying to screw them. So, perhaps it would be best if you left your wild interpretations of what my posts really mean to yourself. ;)

Well with that I at least understand where you are coming from, there has been overreaction in this thread, but we are gamers it is what we do. :)

So far to me they made a mistake and seem to have corrected it, let launch be the litmus test for AAU as it should be for any game.
    Phrycheebaultimateduck
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Scot said:
    Scot said:

Well with that I at least understand where you are coming from, there has been overreaction in this thread, but we are gamers it is what we do. :)

So far to me they made a mistake and seem to have corrected it, let launch be the litmus test for AAU as it should be for any game.
    It does seem promising, though being the pessimist that i am i am waiting for the other shoe to drop, if they take a firm stance on banning those who engage in RMT, well, the horse is probably going to surprise me by actually singing! :o
    Scot
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    No matter what Gaming Companies do it will NEVER satisfy everyone....Theres always gonna be that Black Pea in a pot that wines and Cries....Get over it Snowflakes.....LOL
    Kyleran
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
    edited October 2019
    No matter what Gaming Companies do it will NEVER satisfy everyone....Theres always gonna be that Black Pea in a pot that wines and Cries....Get over it Snowflakes.....LOL
    Here, let me provide you with an assist:

gaming companies
    there's
    black pea
    whines (or if in the UK, whings)
    cries
    get
    snowflakes 

:D 

alkarionlog

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2019
    Open the door even a little bit and it always gets worse,never  better.

Being around as long as i have,i have seen the entire market of gaming take on many new faces.

Back in the day we used a site "Allakahzam" for mmorpg's EQ and FFXI for example and what we saw was simply information for our games.NOW...lmao,what we see now are streamers promoting these games,websites with articles like ..."THE BEST things i like about" " The top 10 reasons to play said game",all kinds of marketing ideas even reaching out to McDoanlds and heavy traffic sites like Facebook and twitter.

The days of simply playing games and opening up Netscape to find some information are long behind us.The era of heavy marketing and deception is upon us.This is like trying to sell us thin crust pizzas,only these are thin crust games,i want the REAL pizza dammit.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Not pleasing everyone is not an excuse to accept garbage ideas.Sorry just pointing out the obvious.
    If i see a garbage idea,i will not change my mind based on ANY excuse,it is still a garbage idea.Oh but....but...ummm,,well wait a minute some like our idea,NO i don't buy into excuses ,bad is bad.

Some people like ripping other people off,some people like stealing from other people,it is still garbage and garbage goes out to the trash can.

The big problem here is this is not even about THE GAME of Archeage but proves how bad influences like the owners/publishers can turn a good thing sour,right Trion...ahem >> _____ insert any name here like Gamigo or Smedley whatever all going out to the curb on Friday.So much trash i might need a few garbage tags.
    alkarionlog

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177
    edited October 2019
    Meanwhile people still posting as if this is still a thing. lol.... They took it out after the community shared their concerns. Nothing on the Market will be tradeable now at launch or after.
    AlexanderVendialkarionlog