Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Riot warns League of Legends streamers and players to avoid 'sensitive topics' on the air

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Tiller said:
    IceAge said:
    Arterius said:
    Tiller said:
    What the hell was this thread originally about again? When did it become about e-feelings?

I don't know to be honest I just got here. I didn't even read the entire thread. I just saw that @IceAge posted and had to come and see what because he is getting to be wizadry levels of entertaining 
    And what do you know? You guys are no better, but hey! I LOVE how you try to turn this in your favor. First you was like "Freedom of speech!! I can say whatever the fuck i want!!!!!! Because I live in USA. WHAT? Don't tell me to shut up!!!". 

You get a punch. 

(While crying) "Why so violent?! Is not legal!!" 

They are gonna give you a new forum avatar if you aren't careful lol

Yes, because I can't give ipotetic exemples, right?!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited October 2019
    Tiller said:
    IceAge said:
    Arterius said:
    Tiller said:

And what do you know? You guys are no better, but hey! I LOVE how you try to turn this in your favor. First you was like "Freedom of speech!! I can say whatever the fuck i want!!!!!! Because I live in USA. WHAT? Don't tell me to shut up!!!". 

You get a punch. 

They are gonna give you a new forum avatar if you aren't careful lol

Shouldn't be a problem for him, he loves censorship. In fact, he can't stop talking about it.

[Deleted User]Tillercheeba
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    Arterius said:
    For now I am going to catch up on the AEW episode I missed while I was watch  baseball with the wife on Wednesday.
    Enjoy the show. I am also done with everything relate to no games.

It seems that no way in hell a ..middle ground can be achieved when politics come up in places where they shouldn't be.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

IceAge said:
    Arterius said:
    IceAge said:
    Arterius said:
    Tiller said:
    What the hell was this thread originally about again? When did it become about e-feelings?

I don't know to be honest I just got here. I didn't even read the entire thread. I just saw that @IceAge posted and had to come and see what because he is getting to be wizadry levels of entertaining 

You get a punch. 

I mean you can tell us to shut up. Also yes we live in the US so we can say whatever the fuck we want, within reason. I can't go to the gas station across the street from my apartment building and tell the lady I plan on shooting her tomorrow or anything. I can't walk up to NorseGod and tell him I am going to punch his kids in the face. I mean I could but their are consequences. 

I also wouldn't cry if you punched me. I would just walk away as I am not a fighter anyway. Do that to the wrong person though and your going to get your ass kicked or the cops called on you. 

Like it or not freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to beat up somebody. Freedom of speech only pertains to one thing speech.

At least I think  that is what your arguing. Honestly sometimes I can't tell what point your actually trying to get across. No offense.  
    You are way over this. Like , way way over this.

This whole.. "idea" of a punch started when NorseGod made that statement that he can say whatever the f he wants because he's living in America. I told me that no, he can't , and gave him an exemple that at least not everywhere ( not in society where there are kids and such, because there will be consequence ). But then came your ..pal, and ask me "why not?". 

And i told him that common sense is a must in society and respect of each-other, then came another guy, who said that based on US amendments 1 and 2, no one can silence him.

Well, in this case, I came with nr 3 , the punch guy.

And I stand still to my point. IF ( read that good please ) , a guy start swearing and screaming in front of my kids and doesn't show a sign of stopping it and he's "flexing" at me, I would rather punch him then risk to happen something bad to me and to my kids. Because with a...lunatic guy like that, YOU NEVER KNOW!

But hey, that's happening when you come into a discussion, and just choose a comment randomly, and start your non-sense crusade without actually paying attention to the conversation.

I get it, you don't want to read all my "crap" and if you don't, stay away from the discussion.

Edit: Clarification. It seems that's Rhoklaw and not NorseGod!
    None of that is what you said. This is the first time in your hypothetical, that there was some some guy yelling and screaming, flexing on you and your kid.

Nope, you said if the person is saying something you don't like, you'll resort to violence. Assault is against the law. Stating your opinion "in society" is not, even in front of your kids.

I think everyone here is trying to help you before you go and do something very stupid because your understanding of US laws is wrong. Ignorance of the law is not a defense in court, either.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    I, for one, welcome our new Chinese overlords.
    NorseGod[Deleted User]Tillercheeba
    edited October 2019
    NorseGod said:

None of that is what you said. This is the first time in your hypothetical, that there was some some guy yelling and screaming, flexing on you and your kid.

Nope, you said if the person is saying something you don't like, you'll resort to violence. Assault is against the law. Stating your opinion "in society" is not, even in front of your kids.

First thing first. Everything I said was hypothetical. I mean really?! Secondly, this is the last time i'm replying to you because you are lying.

So, I think you missed this : 

Well, here comes the 3rd "amendment", a guy who nicely tells you "dude, please don't talk like that, because there are kids and.." . You will then go "I DON'T CARE!! FREEDOM OF SPEECH BABY! I got first and second amendment on my side so fuck off!!". 

The 3rd "amendment" tells you again "lower your voice and stop swearing..." . You will prob. flex your "muscles" and be like "OR WHAT?!". Finally , 3rd "amendment" punch you in the face. You will cry "dude wtf. POLICE!!!"

The guy will get a fine. But I believe you'll also get one. 

Why you too? Because ..disturbing the public order! Or..you don't have such things in US? And maybe instigation too? Not completely familiar with your laws, but .. if I'm wrong, you can tell me so.

Then this :

I mean if I see you swear in front of my kids and after I tell you to stop but you keep going on with your Freedom of Speech "crusade", then .. yea! I might use my personal .. "freedom of speech" to end that shit you are keep going and going.

Makes sense now to you?

Also read that loud and clear "I might use..." ok?

Well, carry on now!

Edit: And this 

And I stand still to my point. IF ( read that good please ) , a guy start swearing and screaming in front of my kids and doesn't show a sign of stopping it and he's "flexing" at me, I would rather punch him then risk to happen something bad to me and to my kids. Because with a...lunatic guy like that, YOU NEVER KNOW!

So, not the first time! But it shows that you pay no attention, so it's fine!

Heretique said:
    I, for one, welcome our new Chinese overlords.
    Hell, at least they'll treat us all equally like sh!# unlike SOME other countries *wink wink*.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited October 2019
    Arterius said:
    IceAge said:
    Arterius said:
    IceAge said:
    Arterius said:
    Tiller said:

while I was watch  baseball with the wife on Wednesday.
    Right! Because you're a man, baby! Yeah!

[Deleted User]Phry
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Well hell, MMOs suck so maybe MMORPG.com could add a politics and sensitive issue forum. Give everyone mod rights and have at it.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Arterius said:

NorseGod said:
    Arterius said:
    IceAge said:
    Arterius said:
    IceAge said:
    Arterius said:
    Tiller said:

[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet

Arterius said:
    Tiller said:
    Arterius said:

NorseGod said:
    Arterius said:
    IceAge said:
    Arterius said:
    IceAge said:
    Arterius said:
    Tiller said:

I mean I hope not haha

[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet

edited October 2019
    IceAge said:
    NorseGod said:

<seething>

Post edited by NorseGod on
    ^ But you're the one who is pouring accelerant everywhere (as per usual).
    NorseGod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Hmm.

Do you think him making threats of violence should go unchallenged?
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I'm still so confused why people think Chinese people aren't allowed to have an opinion too. Most Chinese folks I know see HK as an entitled little brat who wants all the benefits of China (HK ranks #1 in economic freedom in the world, US is #12) but doesn't want be part of China. 

I think it's fair for companies to not want to offend hundreds of millions of people who are on the side of their own government.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Utinni said:
    I'm still so confused why people think Chinese people aren't allowed to have an opinion too. Most Chinese folks I know see HK as an entitled little brat who wants all the benefits of China (HK ranks #1 in economic freedom in the world, US is #12) but doesn't want be part of China. 

I think it's fair for companies to not want to offend hundreds of millions of people who are on the side of their own government.
    Because polarisation and being outraged are the new normal.

And with the planet getting more and more crowded things like ‘us versus them’ or anything anti globalisation will have to go the way of the dodo fast. We will all be neighbors very, very soon.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    cheeba
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

NorseGod said:
    Hmm.

I dunno Loki, looks like some sh!# stirring + exaggerating + dry snitching to me, but by all means call for help if you feel threatened.  :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited October 2019
    NorseGod said:
    Hmm.

I dunno Loki, looks like some sh!# stirring + exaggerating + dry snitching to me, but by all means call for help if you feel threatened.  :D

I won't call for help, I promise. Others might. Regardless, punching somebody for something they say, is assault. He should be aware of that.
    lahnmir said:
    Utinni said:

anything anti globalisation will have to go the way of the dodo fast. We will all be neighbors very, very soon.

What are you going to do with the people that refuse to live in a one world government?
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    Hmm.

I won't call for help, I promise. Others might. Regardless, punching somebody for something they say, is assault. He should be aware of that.
    Maybe if you keep saying that over and over again and louder, he'll come...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    NorseGod said:
    NorseGod said:
    Hmm.

Maybe if you keep saying that over and over again and louder, he'll come...

I don't know what you're saying. Who will come?
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    DMKano said:
    Riot is a Chinese owned company - no surprise. 

They can get bent together with Blizzard.

Anyone who stands in support of any country that still runs concentration camps can fuck right off.
    Totally agree. But what is Gitmo? No, they are not the same. But the fact remains that Gitmo is a national disgrace.

cheeba
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Wraithone said:
    DMKano said:

Anyone who stands in support of any country that still runs concentration camps can fuck right off.
    Totally agree. But what is Gitmo? No, they are not the same. But the fact remains that Gitmo is a national disgrace.

Gitmo houses folks without any real evidence of wrongdoing, indefinitely, without legal counsel or recourse. We also just abandoned a race of people(kurds) to fight against our allies who want to commit genocide. The west is outraged about a video game player being banned while people around the world are being murdered in senseless wars every day. 

Plenty of people around the world would love for "freedom of speech" to be their biggest issue.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited October 2019
    Utinni said:
    Wraithone said:
    DMKano said:

Gitmo houses folks without any real evidence of wrongdoing, indefinitely, without legal counsel or recourse. We also just abandoned a race of people(kurds) to fight against our allies who want to commit genocide. The west is outraged about a video game player being banned while people around the world are being murdered in senseless wars every day. 

Plenty of people around the world would love for "freedom of speech" to be their biggest issue.
    Thing is, those "plenty of people that would love for 'freedom of speech' to be their biggest issue" includes the people of Hong Kong, which is what many are actually outraged about.

It's not really just a freedom of speech thing.
This discussion has been closed.