Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro - From The Studio to Your Desk - General Hardware Reviews

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro - From The Studio to Your Desk - General Hardware Reviews

Whether you’re making beats in GarageBand, programming songs via MIDI, mixing an EP for your buddies’ band, or dancing to those music grenades in Fortnite, proper headphones can make or break your experience.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MoyabaMoyaba Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Using these since about 3 years, great Audio, very sturdy. Very comfortable with glasses too.
    SBFordLife2v
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    edited April 2018
    Review does not say much of how the phones sound? I actually prefer the sound from an open phone, it hear's more natural with less ear fatigue
    cheeba
  • nameusernameuser Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Want!
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    No mike, what good is it for gaming?
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited October 2019

eddieg50 said:

Review does not say much of how the phones sound? I actually prefer the sound from an open phone, it hear's more natural with less ear fatigue

Most likely they are flat and uncolored in sound response being that they are studio headphones. They are open backed headphones so they most likely have a wider sound stage as well.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 122
    For anything audio I really recommend Z Reviews Youtube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeosReviews

I've been using the Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro Headphones and they're great. I've been told that the DT 990's are a bit more 'bassy' while the DT 880's are a bit more 'punchy' or mid-range focused. Music fans might enjoy the 990's a tad more depending on the genre. For metal music and crisp game sounds, the 880's are excellent.
  • cheebacheeba Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Ozmodan said:
    No mike, what good is it for gaming?

None of the good headphones have mics.  Plenty of options like Antlion Audio mod mic.  Or desktop mics.

rthe big minus for me with any headset oiver 100 dollars is not having a detachable 1/8th inch cord. once the cord wears out on these, that head set hits the trash can.
    I agree but this model is easy to mod.  I buy these broken on ebay and mod and resell.

---------------
    Tested over a 115+ games since 1997.

Currently Playing:

Played(Retired): AOL NWN(91-95), UO, EQ1/2, DAoC, CoX, Lineage1/2, SWG(Pre CU/NGE), Planetside, Anarchy Online, FFXI, AC, Vanguard, D&D, AoC, DCUO, Rift, Eve, others

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    rthe big minus for me with any headset oiver 100 dollars is not having a detachable 1/8th inch cord. once the cord wears out on these, that head set hits the trash can.
    Go buy a Sehnheiser Momentum, they have detachable cords. I have been using an over ear wired version for a couple of years, phenomenal sound and beautifully built.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Using these with a FIIO E10K, perfect match.