Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained has broken their No P2W promises

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    can I start to say I told you so?

it don't even hit my 3 months time I was thinking, damn, and the most pessimists was saying a month would happen, not even (re)launched the game yet
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    The only way to ensure there is no P2W is that the cash shop only has cosmetic items which are bound to the account that buys them.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Using that logic, any game that has gold farmers that sell gold for money can be considered P2W, which is every game in existance. It seems what you're asking for is a game where nothing is trad-able therefore nothing can be bought or sold with real money.
    CelciusTokkennatpick
    Using that logic, any game that has gold farmers that sell gold for money can be considered P2W, which is every game in existance. It seems what you're asking for is a game where nothing is trad-able therefore nothing can be bought or sold with real money.

and that is why most people say to ban gold sellers and anyone who buy from then, also that don't excuse what they are already doing
    Phry

and that is why most people say to ban gold sellers and anyone who buy from then, also that don't excuse what they are already doing

How has that worked out so far? Do you think it's made it more difficult to buy gold?
    alkarionlogTokken
    Arterius said:
    I mean so far in the cash shop nothing is P2W its cosmetic. So I don't see why this is a problem?

People want to cry and say "I told you so". You can literally see it in the above posts.

alkarionlogNephethkrgwynne
    Arterius said:

I mean even if its trading for gold. Gold sellers have always been a thing in just about every MMO. Archage Unchained wouldn't have been any different anyway
    Agreed. Someone will always be selling gold. Its a matter of who sets the price and what you can buy with it.
    alkarionlogCaffynated
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Yeah, the ability to buy someone else a costume is P2W ? I guess I have a different definition of P2W.

Cause if a dude whips me because I was distracted by is snazzy duds that someone else bought him, then I think thats my fault, not P2W.
    [Deleted User]gervaise1ultimateduckNephethCaffynatedkrgwynneTokken

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

How has that worked out so far? Do you think it's made it more difficult to buy gold?
    like the companys are really trying to ban gold sellers, they don't even spend money on people to take care of they games, even less on people to hunt for hacks, bugs, cheats and exploits, as long youa re giving then money they could care less, they just need to keep access to the server to prevent any problem
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    edited October 2019
    You can essentially sell costume.  Make tones of gold, and "buy power".  That is kind of pay 2 win for some people.  It really depend what you can buy for gold in the game itself.

Also while all games have gold farmers.  There are far more "gold buying players" in games where the game studio sell gold themselves.

And more importantly, the game studio will make an incentive for people to buy power and revolve everything around the cash shop so they can make more money.  Hance make the game indirectly more pay 2 win.
    Caffynatedbcbully

like the companys are really trying to ban gold sellers, they don't even spend money on people to take care of they games, even less on people to hunt for hacks, bugs, cheats and exploits, as long youa re giving then money they could care less, they just need to keep access to the server to prevent any problem

Then what was the point of your post? People want gold sellers banned, they aren't, people still buy gold, we still play the game. Who cares who is selling the gold?

alkarionlog
  • KinringKinring Member UncommonPosts: 104

Gamigo has reversed its decision to allow the gifting! Posted on the AAU discord:

M]iArches:

Hello everyone, The ability to gift items from the in-game premium marketplace has been disabled for ArcheAge: Unchained. We are committed to ensuring that our revised gameplay experience meets the expectations of our supportive community and is in no way clouded by our past. We considered allowing the ability to gift from the marketplace due to the items being trade restricted and cosmetic. In hindsight, it's easy to understand how gifting could circumvent the items being bound. The decision to remove gifting was unanimous internally and so it is passed into order. We’ve worked closely with you over the past six weeks to refine offerings in the premium item shop based on the following criteria: -All premium items are cosmetic in nature, or provide a non-essential gameplay service (renames, costumes, character appearance customization, or UCC) -All premium items are bound to the character that purchased them and are not tradable through any in-game system (mail, auction house, storage chests, player-to-player trades) -The gifting of premium items has been disabled We stand behind our approach to delivering ArcheAge: Unchained and more importantly, remain devoted to you. Thanks for your continued support. -The ArcheAge Team
    QuicksandTokkenPhrybcbully

• yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191

I guess that's it. Please delete my thread
    Kinda want to hear from all the "I told you so" people.
    KinringalkarionlogNepheth[Deleted User]Quicksand
    Kinda want to hear from all the "I told you so" people.
    give time they back step this time, they did with the labor pots too, then it returned, more then likely they was afraid of charge backs

AAAMEOW said:
    You can essentially sell costume.  Make tones of gold, and "buy power".  That is kind of pay 2 win for some people.  It really depend what you can buy for gold in the game itself.

Also while all games have gold farmers.  There are far more "gold buying players" in games where the game studio sell gold themselves.

And more importantly, the game studio will make an incentive for people to buy power and revolve everything around the cash shop so they can make more money.  Hance make the game indirectly more pay 2 win.
    if crafting are still a thing here then its possible to buy top gear without worry from market
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Kinring said:

Gamigo has reversed its decision to allow the gifting! Posted on the AAU discord:

M]iArches:

Hello everyone, The ability to gift items from the in-game premium marketplace has been disabled for ArcheAge: Unchained. We are committed to ensuring that our revised gameplay experience meets the expectations of our supportive community and is in no way clouded by our past. We considered allowing the ability to gift from the marketplace due to the items being trade restricted and cosmetic. In hindsight, it's easy to understand how gifting could circumvent the items being bound. The decision to remove gifting was unanimous internally and so it is passed into order. We’ve worked closely with you over the past six weeks to refine offerings in the premium item shop based on the following criteria: -All premium items are cosmetic in nature, or provide a non-essential gameplay service (renames, costumes, character appearance customization, or UCC) -All premium items are bound to the character that purchased them and are not tradable through any in-game system (mail, auction house, storage chests, player-to-player trades) -The gifting of premium items has been disabled We stand behind our approach to delivering ArcheAge: Unchained and more importantly, remain devoted to you. Thanks for your continued support. -The ArcheAge Team
    It didn't take them long to screw up and break their promise, but hopefully this is a sign that they won't be doing that in the future. Time will tell. If they actually stick to their word consistently, I'll definitely be buying the game.
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    I'm sure some people on this forum are praying every night for this game to fail. It is beyond pathetic at this point. And some of these people who are trying to find even the tiniest p2w aspects in this game are playing more p2w games at the moment lol.

Not just this game but the genre in general. Some people in this forum just wanna see every single mmorpg out there to fail except the one they play. And couple of posters who I don't wanna name here just want to see this genre to be gone forever...

Sometimes I feel like all I see here are grumpy old dudes who are bashing and complaining about everything.
    [Deleted User]Kyleranultimateduckvandal5627
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited October 2019

You're barking up the wrong tree here.

Third-Party gold farming/selling/buying isn't sanctioned by the developers and was "invented" through people wanting to buy power/convenience. It's against the TOS of pretty much any MMORPG I've ever played and is generally bannable (how or whether a given dev deals with it is another story). So it's a different, completely separate issue and pointing to it as a "whatabout-ism" is, like I said, barking up the wrong tree. It's unrelated to this issue.

This is about first-party, sanctioned micro-transactions by the developer themself.

Completely different thing.
    [Deleted User]TheDarkraynePhry
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I've happily bought the game. Random hater No. 16 hasn't got the credibility that I have, I have scoured every inch of it on the PTS and there isn't a sniff of P2W anywhere. Still doesn't stop the gankers though cos those guys are just more organized than everyone else, at least right now.

It's funny because the game all the haters wanted in the first place is finally here. It's a shame it took so long and it's crap they haven't given Unchained for free to anyone that bought an original founders pack but it's also sad that they'll miss out on the game they wanted.

The haters should really take a step back tbh because how this launch goes is going to shape the future of other Eastern MMOs released in the West. If it goes well we will start seeing more and more BTP without P2W. If it goes bad, I doubt we'll see another attempt.

Bless and Astellia were not the game changers because they just aren't very good games in the first place.

This is the one that can make all the difference. This is the example those eastern developers need to see work to convince them that this is the best way to do things over here.
    Kyleranmcrippins
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    DMKano said:
    Lol way to fail Gamigo. 

Theu showed their intention early

How many times did I tell you guys that the shit they say on streams holds zero water.

Expect more of this post launch - Gamigo has zero integrity- all they want is to hook as many players in with "no p2w" promises and then crank up P2W post launch. 

No surprise- more P2W will come post launch
    They've confirmed they are removing the gifting already. Keep up buddy.
    Tokkenmcrippinsultimateduck
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Uhh no.  That is a twisted piece of logic.  Right up there with sub only games with no cash shop are just like F2P games because a F2P games cash shop loot box is just like a boss in that Pay to Play game, it only has a chance to drop something you want.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    If trading is considered P2W every game I've ever enjoyed is :)
    KyleranNepheth[Deleted User]ultimateduck