Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I'm Hoping To See In The Lord Of the Rings Online: Minas Morgul - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhat I'm Hoping To See In The Lord Of the Rings Online: Minas Morgul - MMORPG.com

With The Lord of the Rings Online bringing players to Minas Morgul at the end of the month, I sat at my desk thinking about the type of stuff I am hoping to see when we get there. Specifically the type of stories and experiences Standing Stone Games is creating with the latest Minas Morgul expansion.

Read the full story here

Comments

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Long live LOTRO! Proud to have been there, since day one!
    PirrayaSovrathScotExistentialistitchmonAgent_JosephonelesslightMcGamer
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Most of what Joseph is after takes place in the past, so it has to be rather bite sized, running a game in two different era's is a resource hog. But those small quests you do which give you a peep at the history that led to where Lotro starts are a hallmark of the game, giving you a real feel of the foundations of lore. I was not surprised few MMOs have subsequently taken up that idea, good ideas in MMOs rarely seem to get traction outside of what are seen as the core essentials. But that means Lotro is one of the few MMOs where you see how lore can be a interwoven quest story of past and present.
    lotrloreOzmodan
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Member UncommonPosts: 58
    By far the best community I've experienced in a MMORPG.

Cannot wait for the new content.

Yes I'm a lifetimer.
    PirrayaitchmonAgent_JosephonelesslightlotrloreLighttipOzmodanScotMcGamer
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Deyirn said:
    The game feels really clunky with delay on combat, visual and sound cues and the graphics somehow look uglier than Vanilla WoW despite the game releasing 3 years later.

I've tried liking it, but usually after an hour of playing I uninstall it, it's just piss poor gameplay.

The lore depiction of Middle Earth may be good, but as a game it's trash.
    Most MMORPG have "piss poor gameplay" an hour into starting. LOTRO is built to be an RPG not an action pvp game. It does it's job well. Comparing it to WoW already shows its not your type of game.
    PirrayaScotwinghaven1Agent_JosephLighttipOzmodanReverielleMcGamerSovrath
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

Deyirn said:

The game feels really clunky with delay on combat, visual and sound cues and the graphics somehow look uglier than Vanilla WoW despite the game releasing 3 years later.

I've tried liking it, but usually after an hour of playing I uninstall it, it's just piss poor gameplay.

The lore depiction of Middle Earth may be good, but as a game it's trash.

Yeah it's not your niche but it's good and fine. I hope you find a game you enjoy and have lots of fun, friend!
    McGamer
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 555
    Scot said:
    Most of what Joseph is after takes place in the past, so it has to be rather bite sized, running a game in two different era's is a resource hog. But those small quests you do which give you a peep at the history that led to where Lotro starts are a hallmark of the game, giving you a real feel of the foundations of lore. I was not surprised few MMOs have subsequently taken up that idea, good ideas in MMOs rarely seem to get traction outside of what are seen as the core essentials. But that means Lotro is one of the few MMOs where you see how lore can be a interwoven quest story of past and present.

Pretty sure you summed that up better than I did. 
    McGamer
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I'm just glad we have a managing editor who is such a LOTRO fan! Hopefully more LOTRO stories in the future.
    OzmodanMcGamer
  • seraphis79seraphis79 Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Lotro really is a great game if you stop to get into the story and enjoy the environment. The community is still one of, if not the best community in any mmo I've played since I began in 2000.

I've recently returned to the game and I'm taking my good ole time this time around. I've joined a progression kin which eliminates that "pull" I feel when I start a game to catch up to max level to be with the pack.

Also ordered the new expansion and the Stout-Axe introduction, while rather short (about 30 minutes long) was a good time. The added benefit of being a dwarf burglar!
    McGamer
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 555

flizzer said:

I'm just glad we have a managing editor who is such a LOTRO fan! Hopefully more LOTRO stories in the future.

Now I just need to get caught up! Anyone up for some power leveling on Arkentsone? :P
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Everyone knows the cool kids all hang on Landroval!
    OzmodanScotEmeraqMcGamer
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    It's a shame that Turbine had to ruin the game years ago by making it a P2W cash grab ever since RoI xpac. Anyone who stuck with the game after that are delusional and apparently gluttons for punishment who will buy anything with a Lotr label on it. (And SSG is no different. Its the same team just a different name)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    McGamer said:
    It's a shame that Turbine had to ruin the game years ago by making it a P2W cash grab ever since RoI xpac. Anyone who stuck with the game after that are delusional and apparently gluttons for punishment who will buy anything with a Lotr label on it. (And SSG is no different. Its the same team just a different name)
    whoa that's certainly an opinion. Maybe we aren't children who go freakin' out over gamer drama nonsense and we just pay our sub and play the game?

I swear, so many fretful people out there screaming up a tempest in a teapot.

Also, not sure where the "win" is in a pve game?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.