Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained Test Servers Now Open To All - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge Unchained Test Servers Now Open To All - MMORPG.com

In a press release, Gamigo Group have announced that ArcheAge Unchained test servers are now open to all.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    You install the normal ArcheAge PTS server and choose PTS2 or PTS3 as your server when you've launched it to try Unchained.

Just a FYI for anyone wanting to try it.
    KanethPurplePepemcrippinsJavisogervaise1Kyleranwingoodinfomatz
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DaoboDaobo Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    They gonna wipe in the realease?
  • blazingcutblazingcut Member UncommonPosts: 65

Daobo said:

Duh
    Viper482
  • DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    edited October 2019
    Had a fun experience with gamingo support. 

TLDR:
      Paid for pack, didn't get it, gamingo refunded after paypal got involved, gamingo  banned a different account instead of the one that purchased, opened support case, and eventually refunded.

Long Version:
     Paid for Unchained Silver chainbreaker pack. Got a paypal confirmation. Money removed from bank. No confirmation from Gamingo. Figured no big deal I'll give it a few hours. After waiting several hours I open a support ticket. Assume they are working through some bugs, not a big deal.

48 hours later, still no pack, no purchase confirmation from gamingo, nothing on the ticket other than the automated response when you open a ticket. I reply to the automated response in the ticket asking for a status update. I stated how long it has been since opening the case and also notified I may have to open a paypal claim if I can't get an acknowledgement the ticket is being reviewed.

72 hours later, still no pack, no purchase confirmation, no ticket update. I reply to the ticket again as professionally as I can stating how long it had been with no response and that I will have to open a paypal claim.

I waited a few hours and went ahead and opened the case with paypal. The next day I get a response to the ticket stating they understand I needed to contact paypal and have offered me a refund. It's noted this is a one time deal for my account and no further refunds will be offered.

I expected this to end here.

4 hours after the support response my alt account I used to use for archeage is suspended. This is not the account the support ticket is opened on nor is it the account I purchased the unchained pack on. I checked all mail folders and spam thinking maybe the pack was wrongfully applied to this account somehow but that account didn't have any confirmation emails either.

I swore off TRION after they ruined AA the first time around so losing an account or all accounts really doesn't matter. I just found it really odd. This makes me think the back end systems of glyph and billing is very broken.

To all those who choose to play unchained I hope it is a truly golden experience and everything AA could have been in the beginning if not for corporate greed.
    RoinPhryBayerdsakinoljimmywolfLexTalion[Deleted User]WarlyxKylerandoomexand 1 other.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Daobo said:

Duh

Someone has no clue what this company is capable of....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Viper482 said:

Daobo said:

Duh

Someone has no clue what this company is capable of....
    Capable isn't really a word i would use in relation to Gamigo, not enough evidence that can be used as a citation. ;)
    Kyleran
  • PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 122
    So far I have had to use EXITLAG in order to log in. I haven’t checked in a couple of days but hopefully they are working out the networking errors. Also I am a Razer Synapse user and that has been bumping heads with Easy Anti Cheat.

Not certain is this is on XL Games, Gamigo, or their server provider.

On a positive note, the 64-bit client is a huge improvement. Also XLgames has been full cooperative with removing pay2win from the cash shop.

ArcheAge launches are always a headache but so far the right steps are being taken. It is crunch time for all parties no doubt.
    ultimateduckitchmon
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477

Daobo said:

you're playing on a test server, not the finals ones so you have your answer
    Phry

So far I have had to use EXITLAG in order to log in. I haven’t checked in a couple of days but hopefully they are working out the networking errors. Also I am a Razer Synapse user and that has been bumping heads with Easy Anti Cheat.

Not certain is this is on XL Games, Gamigo, or their server provider.

On a positive note, the 64-bit client is a huge improvement. Also XLgames has been full cooperative with removing pay2win from the cash shop.

ArcheAge launches are always a headache but so far the right steps are being taken. It is crunch time for all parties no doubt.

Don't know if it's been improved but I just started on the PTS today and I have had absolutely no issues.
    PurplePepeCacolacoultimateduck
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    After watching some videos,i do not like anything about their cash shop,it smells of deception and does have p2w items in there.
    This whole arch pass leveling up and daily quests is total rubbish,it is a sneaky way to encourage spending to get p2w items.Even still pets,mounts whatever,i can get all the mounts and pets i want in Atlas and not pay a single dime more on top of the $30 i p[aid for the game.

I bet you can spend $100 on this game within a couple months,2x more than the entire game is worth.

I said it 20 years ago and i'll say it again.The ENTIRE cash shop should NEVER cost more than the entire game is worth.There should NEVER be TIMED items encouraging to spend again on the same item.
    So bottom line a big fat NO to supporting Gamigo's deceptive ways.
    cheebaTheDarkraynemcrippinsalkarionlog[Deleted User]doomex

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/dfs15c/is_eac_a_joke_this_need_to_be_bought_to_gamigos/

that's why i dont bought it now, i 'll wait a bit to see if it become hackers paradise again
  • JensynJensyn Member UncommonPosts: 158

Wizardry said:

After watching some videos,i do not like anything about their cash shop,it smells of deception and does have p2w items in there.

This whole arch pass leveling up and daily quests is total rubbish,it is a sneaky way to encourage spending to get p2w items.Even still pets,mounts whatever,i can get all the mounts and pets i want in Atlas and not pay a single dime more on top of the $30 i p[aid for the game.

I bet you can spend $100 on this game within a couple months,2x more than the entire game is worth.

I said it 20 years ago and i'll say it again.The ENTIRE cash shop should NEVER cost more than the entire game is worth.There should NEVER be TIMED items encouraging to spend again on the same item.

I'll do some more digging in to the ArchePass this week Wizardry! I'm still learning about it so I didn't feel comfortable reporting on it in the first part of the review. Something about it feels really off to me, too.
    Bookmarks are for quitters. 
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355

Jensyn said:

I'll do some more digging in to the ArchePass this week Wizardry! I'm still learning about it so I didn't feel comfortable reporting on it in the first part of the review. Something about it feels really off to me, too.

From the little I've seen it reminds me of the Season pass thing in Dauntless and hell even like Contracts in Torchlight Frontiers. They are like season achievements with rewards. You get nicer rewards if you pay premium. Dauntless does the same as well as TF I believe.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Rhoklaw said:
    Just an FYI..

This will be my only comment for every thread created about AA Unchained...

and I possible will keep asking if I can start saying I told you so
    doomex
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    edited October 2019
    Wizardry said:

What in their cashshop is p2w atm. Literally the only thing in it unstated cosmetic items, unstated gliderskins, Non-combat pets, the housing items which are for vanity purposes only. With everything being Bind on Purchase. And the ticket items for premium archepass which only drops unstated costumes and cosmetics.

The diligence shop has the old p2w will stuff in it, but this is basically bought with currency you obtain in the free archepasses everyone gets by using ingame gold to unlock. Basically just an ingame currency you get for playing the game.

This is a b2p game with a cosmetic cashshop. The box cost only is not sustainable for a mmo especially one where you get all the subsequent patches and such free of charge. And you played FFXI for how long... that cost you $12.99/month every month + Box fee for every expansion. How can you bash this game for charging $26 to purchase the game + a lifetime of expansions free and roughly $12 a month to earn cosmetics when you played and still support the old ffxi method.

There are issues still. Such as the ability to use up to 2 alts to accelerate your progression. That is still really bad. But outside that there is no way to spend $$$ in game to get ahead unless you buy from rmt (obviously against ToS). Which is no different the every other mmo in existence.

If they keep the cashshop as it is now. And emphasis on the "IF" part the game is free of p2w completely.
    Jensyntruewarlord

Jensyn said:

From the little I've seen it reminds me of the Season pass thing in Dauntless and hell even like Contracts in Torchlight Frontiers. They are like season achievements with rewards. You get nicer rewards if you pay premium. Dauntless does the same as well as TF I believe.

It's actually the opposite. The free tracks are where all the best stuff is. The premium tracks have hardly anything in them and the basic premium track costs in game gold, not real money.

Wiz is just talking shit about something they didn't understand when looking at it.
    JensyntruewarlordCelciusalkarionlog
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Thought what the hell, il DL it and give it a go. Nope, cant long in.. network error.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    edited October 2019
    DarkHigh said:

To all those who choose to play unchained I hope it is a truly golden experience and everything AA could have been in the beginning if not for corporate greed.
    The only thing golden about any Gamigo experiences are showers, lol :P

DarkHighdoomex