Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pro Hearthstone Player Suspended by Blizzard for Voicing Support for Hong Kong Protests - MMORPG.com

12346»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    synn said:
    Hashbrick said:
    Sometimes there is a time to say what you want to say and a time when not to say what you want to say.  This time was not the time to say what you want to say.  Hard lesson learned.
    I actually think its the opposite. Granted Blitzchung did get punished and its still unclear whether Blizzard will ease up on the punishment after all the backlash. The truth of the matter is the drama that was created as a result of Blizzard punishing Blitzchung would have never reached as many people or garnered as much attention if Blitzchung played it safe. Its like a perfect storm with the inclusion of the recent NBA controversy and ban of southpark. 
    Speaking of Southpark, the response they gave to the ban was utterly hillarious, i am sure the Chinese Government hated that even more than they did the program. I am sure Winnie the Pooh even dropped the hunny jar when he read it! ;)
  • uriel_mafessuriel_mafess Member UncommonPosts: 148
    edited October 2019
    It's heartbreaking to see how infatilized the gamer masses are. It's funny to see how ignorant the gamer masses are.
    Gorwe
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    So this is news why? This same stuff happens in America..Some call it Take responsibility for your own actions and other call it, consequences for your own action..But hey America dont have a lot of room to talk since they want to get rid of Democracy and the people of China are fighting for Democracy..But since this is a gaming forum why bring Politics to MMORPG.Com?Last time i remember MMORPG.com took down their Politics forum and wanted no more politics in the gaming forum "Regardless"...
    alkarionlog

I retired retroactively..Haha

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Popple said:
    So this is news why? This same stuff happens in America..Some call it Take responsibility for your own actions and other call it, consequences for your own action..But hey America dont have a lot of room to talk since they want to get rid of Democracy and the people of China are fighting for Democracy..But since this is a gaming forum why bring Politics to MMORPG.Com?Last time i remember MMORPG.com took down their Politics forum and wanted no more politics in the gaming forum "Regardless"...
    Then report the person that started this thread and have them banned. Do it for democracy!
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Two things you should never punish people for supporting -

Freedom
    Human rights

Idk what your beliefs are about whatever. Punish a person for those things you will lose. 
    [Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Rhoklaw said:
    Bwahahaha, #BoycottBlizzard is picking up steam!
    I don't think they can help themselves, just when they were improving their standing with people with the return of WoW Classic, idiots. :/
    [Deleted User]
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Phry said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Bwahahaha, #BoycottBlizzard is picking up steam!
    I don't think they can help themselves, just when they were improving their standing with people with the return of WoW Classic, idiots. :/
    I made that observation as well. The moment they gained subs (due to Classic), they took that as a green light to pop off at the mouth again.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    DMKano said:

If that guy was yelling Pro-China stuff -do you think he would get banned?

Hell no - because it has happened before and Blizzard did nothing.
    Can you give an example of where that happened in exactly the same venue, or are you just making things up?  That's a serious question, not sarcastic.  Because if that has happened and Blizzard did nothing, then I would agree that we have a serious problem.
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    If broke rules then can't really say "foul" but can feel for the person being in spot where tried to do the right thing even when it was coming with a hefty price.

At same time would be curious on all other things from all Blizzard professional stuff if anyone else has done something similar but did not get hit with a whole train.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Torval said:
    I don't think anyone is questioning Blizzard's right to manage events or set standards or boundaries. We're questioning the timing, context, manner, and extent to which they took action and how.

The thing is Blizzard can be "right" and win the battle, but still lose the war.
    Oh I certainly agree with the last part.
    [Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Blizzards response on Weibo is hilarious.

"We are very angered and disappointed at what happened at the event and do not condone it in any way. We also highly object the spreading of personal political beliefs in this manner. Effective immediately we've banned the contestant from events and terminated work with the broadcasters. We will always respect and defend the pride of our country."

Which country are they talking about. Seems like a line written by the communist party not a multi-national company.

There is also a move to try and flood Blizzard with General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) requests which is mandatory under EU law.

NorseGod
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    China is telling Americans what to say and not say on US soil by means of money. Let that ring in your heads or you can watch what you say so your future social credit score does not go down.
     Stand up now or be sheep forever.  Now is the time to choose a side.

bcbully
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    They said we will "ALWAYS" defend our country.So if morals,ethics,legally ALL wrong,they would defend that,well then that just puts another nail in the Blizzard coffin as an idiotic business represented by idiotic people.

They could have just stopped at not wanting political speech done on camera while their gaming tournament is going on.They COULD have handled it in a different way as well.Like perhaps take a break,talk to the casters,explain what you want from them and what you don't want.

Blizzard is just so lol to me,they operate like a  clown fest operation.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

This discussion has been closed.