Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pro Hearthstone Player Suspended by Blizzard for Voicing Support for Hong Kong Protests - MMORPG.com

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    IceAge said:
    NorseGod said:
    IceAge said:
    NorseGod said:
    IceAge said:
    Quizzical said:

I wonder how many ..un-informed people like you are out there who are blindly supporting this.

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I AM UNIMFORMED!!!!!!! THAT IS WHY I HAVE BEEN ASKING MULTIPLE TIMES IN BOTH THREADS FOR CLARIFICATION!!!!!!!!!

HELLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF does "on behalf of Blizzard"? Is there an agreement? Where did you find this information?

How do you know those kids are paid by Blizzard? Where did you find this information?

If you have a problem with "muh politics in games" then take it up with the studios that create the problem, not those of us commenting on said news.

Will you just calm down? Nobody here made Blizzard do this. Nobody.

I don't care if Blizzard sides with Communists. I'm not surprised at all. I boycotted them long ago.

I just would like to know more information (not pulled from your ass) to form an opinion as to who is in the wrong here.

Is that fair? Is that reasonable?

[Deleted User]Valdheimvandal5627
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    NorseGod said:
    IceAge said:
    NorseGod said:
    IceAge said:
    NorseGod said:
    IceAge said:
    Quizzical said:

I wonder how many ..un-informed people like you are out there who are blindly supporting this.

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I AM UNIMFORMED!!!!!!! THAT IS WHY I HAVE BEEN ASKING MULTIPLE TIMES IN BOTH THREADS FOR CLARIFICATION!!!!!!!!!

HELLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF does "on behalf of Blizzard"? Is there an agreement? Where did you find this information?

How do you know those kids are paid by Blizzard? Where did you find this information?

If you have a problem with "muh politics in games" then take it up with the studios that create the problem, not those of us commenting on said news.

Will you just calm down? Nobody here made Blizzard do this. Nobody.

I don't care if Blizzard sides with Communists. I'm not surprised at all. I boycotted them long ago.

I just would like to know more information (not pulled from your ass) to form an opinion as to who is in the wrong here.

Is that fair? Is that reasonable?

You are a lost cause my friend :) 

If even with that statement from Blizzard, you still don't get it that everything was bound under Blizzard, then .. keep believing whatever you want!

Cheers!

PS: And Blizzard didn't created this problem. It was that player who has been banned, who created this whole problem. 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited October 2019
    DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    DMKano said:

Rules that are fucked up should be 100% broken.

YOU don't sign if you think the rules are 100% broken. And that guy knew damn well that if he's doing that, he's breaking the rules. 

So if someone is coming to you and offer you a job, you accept it even if you don't like some rules and move along with the job, or .. you accept it and then break them?!

you are moving the goalposts.

Blizzard could have followed their rules and just gave out a warning.

But nope - they chose the option that would please China the most.

Blizzard chose to ban a man who spoke up for human rights

He didn't say anything violent, or anything that was directly against China or the Chinese government.

He only spoke up in support of human rights and freedom in Hong Kong.

Think about that - he made no threats, no action against anyone.

Does that deserve an immediate ban?

It is perfectly clear that Blizzards' actoins were motivated by one thing only - to protect their relationship with China.

They chose their money over human rights here.

GG Blizzard

As does anyone who purchases Chinese made goods and services, all guilty of dealing with the devil... to save money!

Buy Amurican!

;)
    IceAge

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

bestever said:
    Yes don't use your freedom to speak you mind or get shit on by assholes like we see in this thread. Its sad you can't stand up for something just because your a pro something in this world. This isn't deserved and people in these forums should be ASHAMED. I think I'm done with this shit hole of a site. Its packed with nothing but TOXIC douche bags.

PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT THANKS!
    See ya on 4chan, fren.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    I see the ChiCom shills are out in full force on this. Not surprising here since this site gives out warnings under the guise of "racism" for criticizing China.
    NorseGodTuor7

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

IceAge said:
    NorseGod said:
    IceAge said:
    NorseGod said:
    IceAge said:
    NorseGod said:
    IceAge said:
    Quizzical said:

everything was bound under Blizzard

Again, that's what I'm HERE TO FIND OUT!!!! Stop seething for a minute and MAYBE you'll find that we are possibly in agreement??!! WTF you're sensitive.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    DMKano said:
    Go visit blizzard subreddit or Blizzard forums to see the epic backlash

Also there is a huge dissention over this inside Blizzard offices by employees who feel disgusted by Blizzards actions in support of Chinese oppression government

https://twitter.com/lackofrealism/status/1181639970332659712

Also - this made national news - even US Senators are speaking on it

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/8/20905181/blizzard-hearthstone-player-ban-marco-rubio-ron-wyden-china-hong-kong-protests-blitzchung

Not surprised a politician would turn this around as something to do with the U.S. A publicly-traded company with international interests does not speak for the U.S. government and the U.S. government should not be trying to use this in the trade dispute we are currently having with China. But of course, the professional criminals will take every opportunity to attempt to forward their agendas.

It's not, it is in Blizzards rules. if you don't like it Don't compete, if you don't like the decisions your government makes? You have multiple avenues, you can leave, you can take a political stance in the proper forums, hell you can even participate in an armed revolt if you feel that passionately about it.

I actually support free Hong Kong, I have been there, love the place, but this professional competitor could have done much more for his cause had he complied with the rules and then used another forum to voice his political agenda.

At any rate, I doubt very much Blizzard will feel much from this at all.

IceAge

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    DMKano said:

Rules that are fucked up should be 100% broken.

YOU don't sign if you think the rules are 100% broken. And that guy knew damn well that if he's doing that, he's breaking the rules. 

So if someone is coming to you and offer you a job, you accept it even if you don't like some rules and move along with the job, or .. you accept it and then break them?!

you are moving the goalposts.

Blizzard could have followed their rules and just gave out a warning.

But nope - they chose the option that would please China the most.

Blizzard chose to ban a man who spoke up for human rights

He didn't say anything violent, or anything that was directly against China or the Chinese government.

He only spoke up in support of human rights and freedom in Hong Kong.

Think about that - he made no threats, no action against anyone.

Does that deserve an immediate ban?

It is perfectly clear that Blizzards' actoins were motivated by one thing only - to protect their relationship with China.

They chose their money over human rights here.

GG Blizzard

That's..not that simple. You want it to be , but isn't. 

That political thing right now is VERY sensitive. Like..waaay sensitive. I mean, WAY WAY sensitive, andso , Blizzard had 1 way to resolve this. Banning him. A warning would just be TO less for what the guy did, because of how sensitive the situation in Hong Kong is. 

A warning is equivalent with not doing anything to him. Next thing you know, other guy comes and make other political remarks and based on the past situation, he should be ok, as he would get a warning at worst. WHAT? Ban?! But that guy with Hong Kong , got a warning and you are banning me for less?! 

And bum, same situation. You would come then here with a topic like "Blizzard is banning a guy who did less then the Hong Kong guy! Blizzard is EVIL!" :) 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I wonder how many people upset about this still own/use chinese products. I'd guess all of them.
    Gorwe
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Blizzard bowing down to china, just like when they handed over Diablo assets, to make their Chinese diablo knockoff Diablo Immortal. They even removed the witch doctor class for china LUL.
    [Deleted User]GinazValdheimTuor7

Archeage EU - Nui

edited October 2019
    Utinni said:
    I wonder how many people upset about this still own/use chinese products. I'd guess all of them.
    Difference is, we have to use some of those products in our everyday lives and there aren't real alternatives, esp. if those products are deemed essential.  Nothing about video games is essential.  Kind of like being an environmentalist but still traveling by gas/diesel powered transportation because there isn't a real viable alternative yet. 
    [Deleted User]Tuor7

Blizzard bowing down to china, just like when they handed over Diablo assets, to make their Chinese diablo knockoff Diablo Immortal. They even removed the witch doctor class for china LUL.
    I remember Blizzard changing the art work on some Hearthstone cards for the Chinese market, too.  Also, the witch doctor was removed partly because of the Chinese aversion to seeing skeletons and partly due to racism.  To say black Africans aren't popular in China would be an understatement.

[Deleted User]Tuor7

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Torval said:
    Utinni said:
    I see this argument a lot and it has merit but I feel it's flawed. We should make a concerted effort, as individuals, to live up to our moral standards. If we care about the environment and ecosystem then we should live in an environmentally conscious manner when possible. But that's the catch, "when possible". When a problem is systemic individuals can't affect that change and can't be held accountable for needing to live within a broken system.

An example in food. Affordable food often comes in the most environmentally unfriendly packaging. It is also often poor quality or unhealthy. Good organic food, packaged environmentally friendly with local economy sustainability in mind is freaking expensive, if it's even available.

Can anyone even own a phone that isn't made in or from parts in China? I'd venture to guess those people are even more frustrated at the fact that their only viable alternative is something they don't want to support. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could drive a BMW or Subaru? Let them eat cake if they have no bread. Blah blah, I hope that gets the point across.
    Regardless of how you spin it you're still being hypocritical by directly supporting China but being upset when companies fall in line to appease them. Even BMW uses Chinese parts. Just because its inconvenient to make moral decisions on products you buy doesn't change the facts. It would also be inconvenient for blizzard to lose their #1 customer. We as consumers in a global economy have given China this power and now we have to deal with it.
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    I can sort of understand banning the pro gamer (thou its complete BS imo) but banning the 2 commentators is completely out of line. What's next? Blizzard tracking down people who viewed the stream and banning them?
    NorseGod[Deleted User]
    Torval said:
    We can't separate politics and entertainment anymore. We haven't been able to for a long time, but we've been willing to stick our heads in the sand and pretend it doesn't matter. Governments and pundits have shoved their capitalist conks right in the middle of everything and won't let us ignore it anymore.

That means you, Kano and others like you will start showing your political views more often on this site? Great, let me know when you guys will start, so I can ignore you one by one. Also reporting since its against the rules. I mean this thread right here is against the rules, but hey! Freedom of speech right?!

I can care less about your or others political views when I come to mmorpg.com . I have my own websites where I go and "feed" my political shit. I don't want to see that here.

But it seems you guys are already grabbing the forks and knifes and going on a crusade on an gaming website. 

I wish you good luck with that. 
    vandal5627

DMKano said:
    Mykell said:
    I can sort of understand banning the pro gamer (thou its complete BS imo) but banning the 2 commentators is completely out of line. What's next? Blizzard tracking down people who viewed the stream and banning them?

Apparently China is not a fan of warnings. 
    I already showed you Kano about the 2, yet, you are still ignoring facts.

@Mykell ;

Arterius said:
    IceAge said:
    Torval said:
    We can't separate politics and entertainment anymore. We haven't been able to for a long time, but we've been willing to stick our heads in the sand and pretend it doesn't matter. Governments and pundits have shoved their capitalist conks right in the middle of everything and won't let us ignore it anymore.

That means you, Kano and others like you will start showing your political views more often on this site? Great, let me know when you guys will start, so I can ignore you one by one. Also reporting since its against the rules. I mean this thread right here is against the rules, but hey! Freedom of speech right?!

I can care less about your or others political views when I come to mmorpg.com . I have my own websites where I go and "feed" my political shit. I don't want to see that here.

But it seems you guys are already grabbing the forks and knifes and going on a crusade on an gaming website. 

Reporting because its against the rules? You know where I am from in CA that wouldn't fly. Seriously though who cares. This thread was always going to be political. 
    I wonder, if I didn't added "reporting" , would you still reply to my post? So you took something out of the context, and voila, you have now replyed to me.

Congrats! :)

PS: This "who cares" says everything about you and your CA exemple is ... childish. Reporting to mmorpg.com obviously.
    [Deleted User]vandal5627

Mykell said:
    What's next? Blizzard tracking down people who viewed the stream and banning them?
    Yes.

Screen capping this.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Say whatever you want on your own time but do not use a company or leagues platform as a mechanism for voicing your personal views.

I totally agree with what they guy said, but it was not appropriate to say during that stream.
    Ever heard of an athlete named Jesse Owens?
    Funny you should mention him....

——-

Years after Jesse Owens' triumph in Berlin, he was in attendance at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico. On October 16 American athlete Tommie Smith won the 200-meter dash, breaking the world record at the time. Another American, John Carlos, finished third. As the two stepped up onto the podiums to receive their medals the crowd noticed that they had removed their shoes and were wearing black stockings. As the flag raising ceremony began Smith and Carlos, each wearing a black glove on one hand, raised their fists in a Black Power salute and looked towards the ground, creating one of the most memorable moments and photographs in Olympic history. Smith and Carols were suspended and removed from the Olympic Village.

Smith and Carlos
    Tommie Smith and John Carlos, 1968 Olympics, Associated Press

Two black track athletes using the Olympics as a platform for a political protest caused all eyes to turn to Jesse Owens for a comment. Owens did provide his opinion in an interview. He said:

These kids are imbued with the idea that there's a great deal of injustice in our nation. In their own way, they were trying to bring out what is wrong in our country. I told them that the problem certainly belonged in the continental borders of America. This was the wrong battlefield. Their running performances would have done more to alleviate the problem. Rather than the disrespect they showed to our flag and the discourtesy shown to the Mexican Government.

—— 

As I said... I agree with what the guy said, but the stream was the wrong place for it.  Just as if he had talked about how bad President Trump was, or how bad Elizabeth Warren was, or Obama, or Israel, or Mexico or anything else.  He chose to make a political statement in his place of work and thus received the consequences. 

IceAge[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    its all about money, nothing else, you saw what happened to the Houston Rockets owner too

sadly most people even in China have no problem with Hong Kong wanting to be on their own, just like people in the US could care less if Florida wanted to be its own country
    Arterius said:
    IceAge said:
    Arterius said:
    IceAge said:
    Torval said:

Reporting because its against the rules? You know where I am from in CA that wouldn't fly. Seriously though who cares. This thread was always going to be political. 
    I wonder, if I didn't added "reporting" , would you still reply to my post? So you took something out of the context, and voila, you have now replyed to me.

Congrats! :)

PS: This "who cares" says everything about you and your CA exemple is ... childish. Reporting to mmorpg.com obviously.
    Report all you want. Its a website. Its not like getting banned from here is going to wound me personally. There are dozens of other gaming sites I can go to. Your just acting like a child because no one is agreeing with your POV.
    "Reporting to mmorpg.com obviously", was not towards you, obviously. If you would read my post like you should and not take words out of context, you would realize what I was trying to say.

No one is agreeing? Well , I think there are some who do. But even if there were none, is still my right to say my POV, right? ..right? :)

Myrdynn said:

sadly most people even in China have no problem with Hong Kong wanting to be on their own, just like people in the US could care less if Florida wanted to be its own country
    That's .. new to me. Is this real that people in US could care less if Florida wanted to be its own country?!

edited October 2019
    IceAge said:
    Torval said:

Also reporting since its against the rules. I mean this thread right here is against the rules, but hey! Freedom of speech right?!
    Wow, in both threads you sure seem to be for controlling speech, reporting, and banning people. 

Nobody is stopping you from reporting the OP for starting this thread. If you're right, then the OP will be banned. It's that simple.

[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]Tuor7TacticalZombeh
    DMKano said:
    NorseGod said:
    IceAge said:
    Torval said:

The OP is one of the admins of this site... so ehm lol

[Deleted User]
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    edited October 2019
    Look at it this way: You (the reader) own a local pizzeria in a politically purple town.  That means 50/50 mix of whatever your local politics are.  You have uniform shirts that your employees wear.  Now imagine that one of your employees (without discussion with you prior) decided to wear a shirt that said local politician X was a criminal and should be arrested.   

Now wether or not you agree with your employee is not the question.  The question is whether an employee should be able to make such a statement while representing your pizzeria without prior permission.  

To me, the answer is self-evident.  Of course the employee has no such right to make such a statement while representing your pizzeria and potentially alienate many of your customers.  To argue that they do is ridiculous.   Now if that same employee wanted to wear that shirt at home on the weekend, more power to them, but that is quite different from what happened here.  

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Hatefull said:
    if you don't like the decisions your government makes? You have multiple avenues, you can leave, 

Can you really though? Takes 5 years to get mexican citizenship as opposed to 6 months to a year to get US citizenship. Dont know the other countries requirements. What if alot decide to leave? Well you know that isnt happening though.
This discussion has been closed.