Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Nighthawk Gryphon Sweepstakes! - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Apocalypse Nighthawk Gryphon Sweepstakes! - MMORPG.com

MMORPG.com has been given 200 codes for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse that will give players the Nighthawk Gryphon - valued at $20 each. Enter for a chance to win this item now!

Read the full story here

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Wait a second. Isn't this the BR that they were touting wasn't going to affect the development of the game and was only for testing PvP? Now they have paid items in the BR? They announced two more modes for it?

Sure sounds like they are putting a lot of resources into this BR instead of the MMO.
    elockeGigabearScotHaki88TacticalZombehSwamiOnTheMountainmegabane
  • sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Valued at $20...I can't even...Im so disappointed in myself for ever KS backing this mess.
    DaranarGigabearwildarms2Haki88SwamiOnTheMountain
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Here buy a 20 dollar bird in a game none of our backers wanted. That will get the MMORPG funded.
    SwamiOnTheMountain

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Flying Nighthawk bird - valued at $20.00

Flying hand gesture bird - priceless
    [Deleted User]AlbatroesScotGigabearmegabanesausagemixacidbloodWaanTacticalZombehLenoxand 2 others.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• HyourinmarooHyourinmaroo Member UncommonPosts: 1

Wait a second. Isn't this the BR that they were touting wasn't going to affect the development of the game and was only for testing PvP? Now they have paid items in the BR? They announced two more modes for it?

Sure sounds like they are putting a lot of resources into this BR instead of the MMO.

Apocalypse is split into 3 modes:
    1. Battle Royale - Action Combat Testing
    2. Castle Siege - Large scale 100v100 PvP
    3. Horde Mode - Large scale PvE (Waves of enemies)

Besides the above, they also test animations/graphics/optimization/server infrastructure/player replication/netcode/queue systems/Armory/Inventory/Quests/Stat tracking/etc. within the Apocalypse modes as they finished testing Tab-Target back in December 2017 (Alpha 0). The MMORPG is intended to be Hybrid with a mix of Action and Tab.
    DragonofShadowsvalenko
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Besides the above, they also test animations/graphics/optimization/server infrastructure/player replication/netcode/queue systems/Armory/Inventory/Quests/Stat tracking/etc. within the Apocalypse modes as they finished testing Tab-Target back in December 2017 (Alpha 0). The MMORPG is intended to be Hybrid with a mix of Action and Tab.
    Then they should test those things, and not charge for additional products during said test. 
    [Deleted User]ScotTacticalZombeh
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Is nighthunger gryphon actually available in Ashes of Creation: Apocalypse?

At the moment they seem to be running at least Emberstorm Dragon -event where if you achieve certain goal in Apocalypse you'll get a skin that isn't in game yet. So I'm a bit wary as to whether the rewards they promise actually exists.

• fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196
    edited October 2019
    20 bucks for a virtual item. It's obvious of what to expect from this company.

No respect. No thanks.
    anemo
  • toetoetoetoe Member UncommonPosts: 23
    https://pantheonmmo.com/ .....ashes is just a money grab
  • CaedwynCaedwyn Newbie CommonPosts: 3

Valued at $20...I can't even...Im so disappointed in myself for ever KS backing this mess.

it says valued over 20$ but the thing is exclusive and ashes of creation is as always will be NON P2W , thats why i am logging here to ge this thing! and ive been all over the streamers too and still havent won this bird XD

the battle royale is up now and open for public as they are using it as a tool to test their stuff and also lots of freebies to gain from just playing :p

dont worry you backed the right thing
    sausagemix
  • GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 63
    edited October 2019
    A lot of valid points raised, but you should also be careful of Intrepid for another reason. Their CEO has a bad habit of banning people from the discord and other platforms if he sees them saying anything negative about the game. Going to edit here that I hope Mr. Sharif is paying attention to Blizzard's current issues around censorship, and moves to avoid having Intrepid associated with that behavior going forward.
    Post edited by Gigabear on
    Nizamuhdeen
  • CaedwynCaedwyn Newbie CommonPosts: 3

fcwedd said:

20 bucks for a virtual item. It's obvious of what to expect from this company.

No respect. No thanks.

the item is nowhere to buy on the store, its just an estimated value , its totally exclusive
    and im sorry, do you buy like actual LIVE dragons from any other games?? XD
    valenko
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Enough of Battle Royale bullcrap already! We want MMO... or RPG at least
    Dhampir
  • wildarms2wildarms2 Member UncommonPosts: 80

if the game flops we get are KS $ back
    BlackcatZeroTacticalZombeh

moo all

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    I was going to enter, thought it was for the MMO, but its the BR so pass.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824

Welcome to the boards! :)
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Wait...........1 sec plz.......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 156

yonpachi said:

Enough of Battle Royale bullcrap already! We want MMO... or RPG at least

Looks like they might be running low on funds with all the stuff in the shop for sale.

Curious to see if the MMO ever come out.
    Kyleran
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• waterboy117waterboy117 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited October 2019
    I dont think they even have time to make a MMO at this point.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    gotta try..

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ZillousZillous Member CommonPosts: 6
    Not free?
  • GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 63

AIice said:

Not free?

The battle royale is free to play. It's pretty much Fortnite with an optional battle pass and cosmetics.
  • BC_AnimusBC_Animus Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Everyone who tried this says it is clunky and half-assed. Made just to cash in on hype for the main game, and to sell more pre-orders.
    Lenox
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Oehhh! i rlly want this skin :O
  • lemonsneezelemonsneeze Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    ima buy this game twice
    BuschkatzeKyleran