Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here’s What’s Next For Bungie and Destiny - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Shoot the same mobs over and over is a great design ..lol.

@Torval,well having a very good reason to hang with your boy before he leaves for a long time cannot excuse the lazy game design,lazy effort by Bungie.I agree your reasoning for playing with your boy is 100% a good thing but this game does not deserve to be supported.

Here is a great design idea,let;s have you walk through empty ice caves,nothing around except a linear path,no open ended gaming,just linear right to the boss.Ok you cannot ignore the boss or pass through the boss,you are forced to stop and fight the boss by which a lot of random spawns begin to attack.

Nice way to ruin immersion by creating empty LAZY space then auto spawning.

Let's copy Counterstrike,create this lazy window of upgrades.

Here is a great design,let's jot down bounties,mark maps to remove any adventuring/discovery on your own and you go directly there,more linear game play yay.They could at least create "exploration" "thinking" "uncovering puzzles" to figure out where you need to go,instead of this lazy,go here to this linear path, a boss will be waiting at the end,spam your weapon at it, kill it and warp back ,do your upgrades in some cheap window rinse repeat.

This is lazy game design,$5 dollar game design at it's best.I can do all this in Atlas and build stuff and make ships and sail the seas ,basically i can do more in an Indie game than this million dollar business can give me.Bungie should hang their head on the wall of shame,you can get any Indie dev to do this lazy work.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    elocke said:
    JeroKane said:
    The whole F2P is just a total wush!

I get that you might get auto-leveled to Powerlevel 750 when FINISHING the Forsaken Campaign! So you can naturally flow into the next Expansion Shadowkeep! 

But here comes the kicker in our new Destiny 2 experience!  Even new characters get immediately auto-leveled to light level 750! WTF? 

So they basically don't want people to experience the Original Campaign and the Forsaken Campaign anymore? 
    Or how about actually "LEARNING" your class and the game as a "New" player?? 

This is just totally DUMB beyond belief!! 

People have long bashed and trashed ActiVision of being the EVIL entity behind Destiny, but now Bungie's true colors are starting to show!! It was Bungie all along! Greedy fecks. 

They just basically killed off the entire Destiny 2 base game and Forsaken expac and just want people to buy Shadowkeep and just play that! /FACEPALM
    First, you go to Amanda Holliday, the ship npc and pick up the Legacy quests for the old campaigns and boom, u can now experience them whenever u want, however u want.  The game is better right now because level locking isn't a thing, I can just pick an activity, go do it and get rewarded same as before PLUS season pass XP which rewards me even more every time I ding.   It's made the content nice and streamlined and easier/faster to find and get into whatever you are in the mood for.  Gearing up is fun again, unlike before when you would never see the right piece of gear to get you to the next power level.

You still "learn" your class by PLAYING same as before, except now, all build options are open and available to play and learn with.  In 2 days of playing I've found a build that works for me in pve and one for pvp, instead of waiting to "unlock" the next trait in the tree with skill points I can now just turn on the build I want and play around.  Weapon choice is better now because I can just keep the weapons I enjoy using while occasionally trying out new drops by being able to upgrade my current weapon using higher level weapons I don't want.  

So, I think Bungie did very well with Shadowkeep and can't wait to see what's coming next.  It's made me excited to play the game and actually get things accomplished on MY time.
    They really need to put something in the game that directs new players to the old campaigns. It's got to be the most asked question on the Steam forums and Reddit. I bet there's thousands of new free players that don't even know those missions exist.

I deleted my Titan and started a new one and I, literally, have 37 quests in the log on my new character just pointing to everything all over the place. I'm not even including bounties in that. You try to clear some up and get 3 more in return for completing a single quest.

It's major bloat and I imagine it'd be confusing as hell for new people. They need to tone it down a lot so that new players get a better first impression.

It's great for experienced players that are starting a new character, though.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Is this true cross save, as in all progress on all platforms carries over to your account on all other platforms at all times (I've only ever seen this with Paragon).

Or is it one time account transfer (ala Warframe).
  • laxibalaxiba Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Won the base game for Free, ok, thanks for that. But i've bought everything else... ALL DLCs and the Season Pass. And when the game become F2P they don't even give me the new DLC!? I feel betrayed.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited October 2019
    Arterius said:
    Tried to play and gave up. Just wanted to play the Destiny 2 story quest. The original. I know their is a way to do it but it isn't my job to look up how. The game should tell me. Its not my job to do research. Now I am not saying the game needs to hold my hand. I hate that. However, I do expect it to guide me to where I should begin since I am a new player and all.
    Amanda in the Tower has all the legacy quests campaigns, so red war,  osiris etc

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Nyctelios said:
    Well... there are better alternatives out there if you are looking for a third person action looter shooter
    It's not 3rd person shooter and it's the highest quality for its kind.
    elocke