Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained PTS Open To Founders Players Today

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I think this could have been a great game . It was laid low by the predatory practices that doesn't seem to have ebbed. Sad really I still recall how excited I was about it when I first came across it and was planning my PvP times and plotting where I might get a home but after it launched and I began reading the unpleasant and grasping ways they decided to prey on its playerbase, I decided it wasn't a game I would invest in.
    Kylerancheyane

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Rhoklaw said:
    I bought Unchained because of new business model, not because they bound/remove/nerf all ArcheAge item database. People always complain because they can't win the game. I've got no choice but to play this game with noobs lul
    Again, would you hire a pedophile to babysit your kids just because he say's he isn't a pedophile anymore? People think businesses don't lie or are incapable of lying, lol.
    Jesus.... Now THAT's an extreme comparison.
    TacticalZombehgervaise1PhrycheyaneQuicksandmmolou[Deleted User]Linif

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited October 2019
    Scorchien said:
    DeadSpock said:
    He is just talking shit even if someone bought 1 would not admit it is like screaming I am brainless and throw money away.
    lol .. no im not ,i have disposable income and  3 of them are for the giveaway im doing here ..

I would not bother entering ...

Edit: Sorry for my dick response......

Post edited by Viper482 on
    alkarionlogScorchien
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited October 2019
    Viper482 said:
    Scorchien said:
    DeadSpock said:
    He is just talking shit even if someone bought 1 would not admit it is like screaming I am brainless and throw money away.
    lol .. no im not ,i have disposable income and  3 of them are for the giveaway im doing here ..

You have lost credibility for literally every opinion of any game on this forum for the rest of eternity. I don't care if you are Donald Trump, actually supporting this crap by buying 4 copies. You obviously have no shame...not sure which is worse, buying them or admitting you did. And no....I will not bother entering...

Hmm strange response from you Viper , and i actually see as a good poster and a good community member here , so i wont respond in the same shitty manner ..

I will say that since 06 i have givin away over a hundred games here i think , many times from Indie devs a support and believe in ,i do what i can to help out the devs and the community here..

That being said Archeage Unchained is a bit of a different case for me as i really believe the core game is extremely well done , and the AA community deserves this chance , Many have been asking for this for six years ..

I have not played AA in over 4 years(i think) as i refused to support Trion and there monetization not just in AA but all there IPs became attacks on gamers wallets..

I do enter this with some cautious  speculation towards Gamigo , but so far they are trying to deliver the AA we all asked for 6 years ago  and with XLs blessing, the game many thought AA could be ..

But i also think Gamigo deserves the chance to fuck it up .. They had nothing to do with AA before and terrible way it was handled so for me it is a Tabula Rasa for AA ..

AA has a great community that deserves there game , Noone likes to lose there game and Gamigo is giving AA and the community of it a chance...

Peace

alkarionlogViper482PurplePepe
  • tomhellboundtomhellbound Member CommonPosts: 6
    even with all its faults still one of the best games ever made
    alkarionloggunklackerPurplePepe
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited October 2019
    Scorchien said:
    Viper482 said:
    Scorchien said:
    DeadSpock said:

You have lost credibility for literally every opinion of any game on this forum for the rest of eternity. I don't care if you are Donald Trump, actually supporting this crap by buying 4 copies. You obviously have no shame...not sure which is worse, buying them or admitting you did. And no....I will not bother entering...

Hmm strange response from you Viper , and i actually see as a good poster and a good community member here , so i wont respond in the same shitty manner ..

I will say that since 06 i have givin away over a hundred games here i think , many times from Indie devs a support and believe in ,i do what i can to help out the devs and the community here..

That being said Archeage Unchained is a bit of a different case for me as i really believe the core game is extremely well done , and the AA community deserves this chance , Many have been asking for this for six years ..

I have not played AA in over 4 years(i think) as i refused to support Trion and there monetization not just in AA but all there IPs became attacks on gamers wallets..

I do enter this with some cautious  speculation towards Gamigo , but so far they are trying to deliver the AA we all asked for 6 years ago  and with XLs blessing, the game many thought AA could be ..

But i also think Gamigo deserves the chance to fuck it up .. They had nothing to do with AA before and terrible way it was handled so for me it is a Tabula Rasa for AA ..

AA has a great community that deserves there game , Noone likes to lose there game and Gamigo is giving AA and the community of it a chance...

Peace

Please understand I have a lot of salt built up in me from this debacle. I put up $150 for a founders pack for the original game because of how awesome the alpha was and feel I got screwed over big time. Now they want me to have to pay again to enjoy that same game the way it should have been and it burns me inside. 

I should not take that out on other players. I apologize.
    KyleranPhryScorchienPurplePepeLinif
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    I think people saying they bought founder packs are gamingos employees trying to lure a few people. They will lure some that dont see clear but in the end this launch is doomed to fail like previous launches. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I just can't get over the fact that when people complained about the POS P2W nature of the game their solution was to re-launch it without the P2W features (supposedly) but only if you pay again.

People buying into this and saying "Let's give them a chance because it isn't Trion" is why these companies are 100% justified in treating their customers like a bunch of dumb asses.
    alkarionloggunklacker[Deleted User]kenguru23Sensai[Deleted User]Phry
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Iselin said:
    I just can't get over the fact that when people complained about the POS P2W nature of the game their solution was to re-launch it without the P2W features (supposedly) but only if you pay again.

People buying into this and saying "Let's give them a chance because it isn't Trion" is why these companies are 100% justified in treating their customers like a bunch of dumb asses.
    and when we look at it theya re not wrong, the companys I mean
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    They delayed the name reservation again after delay of the delayed delay. Not just one day or two, but whole week.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Rhoklaw said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    I bought Unchained because of new business model, not because they bound/remove/nerf all ArcheAge item database. People always complain because they can't win the game. I've got no choice but to play this game with noobs lul
    Again, would you hire a pedophile to babysit your kids just because he say's he isn't a pedophile anymore? People think businesses don't lie or are incapable of lying, lol.
    Jesus.... Now THAT's an extreme comparison.
    Yeah well, sometimes you have to get blunt as hell for people to understand the level of stupidity we are witnessing.
    You say stupidity, I say people not having games to play. The price isn't that high to give it a try, you're not losing much.

Comparing playing a game to getting raped IS extreme, and defending that notion is extremely stupid.
    Linif

edited October 2019
    DMKano said:
    yonpachi said:
    They delayed the name reservation again after delay of the delayed delay. Not just one day or two, but whole week.

Expect more stuff like this to come.

This is just a tip of the iceberg. 

Gamigo is extremely incompetent due to lacking staff that knows how to run online games that are not dinky mobile crap that can run in the cloud. 

They tried to move ArcheAge to cloud (as that's the only thing they know how to manage because its hands off on the server end) and they failed spectacularly multiple times.

So they are forced to do something they are not good at- which is host ArcheAge on physical servers themselves. 

This will be Gamigos undoing- lack of ability to host ArcheAge effectively 
    the only problem with this theory is that ..

Rift servers running fine

Archeage servers ( i just logged out ) running fine  erhmmm   cough cough...

Defiance ... check

Trove .. check

and if you take the time to browse there forums of other games there is nothing out of the ordinary relative to this inability to host .. Lets also keep in mind that they have in the past hosted Anarchy Online successfully and Fallen Earth ..  among others ...

any other false Black Knight narratives ,..
    Linif
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Even if this turn out to be 100% legit and they never put anything op in the cash shop, I already paid $150 for this game and will not pay again.
    Even if this turn out to be 100% legit and they never put anything op in the cash shop, I already paid $150 for this game and will not pay again.
    So did I and many others .. But you paid Trion that 150 , and they failed to deliver along with there bait and switch ..

Trion is who you should be angry with ..

Im just glad that Gamigo purchased there IPs and is keeping them up and running , Thats great news for the communites of all those games ..

That being said i certainly feel that i got my 150 worth out of the AA launch as did play heavily for 2 years .. thats 75$ a year .. hmm thats less than .25 +/- a day .. yea so ...

Now Gamigo has a chance to deliver what most AA players wanted from day 1 .. for the low entry fee , il give them a chance ..

Looking forward to the launch

IselinLinifcheeba
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Anyone know how you access the PTS ? I dont see a client download anywhere or anything.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    yonpachi said:

Gamigo is extremely incompetent due to lacking staff that knows how to run online games that are not dinky mobile crap that can run in the cloud. 

They tried to move ArcheAge to cloud (as that's the only thing they know how to manage because its hands off on the server end) and they failed spectacularly multiple times.

So they are forced to do something they are not good at- which is host ArcheAge on physical servers themselves. 

Defiance ... check

Trove .. check

and if you take the time to browse there forums of other games there is nothing out of the ordinary relative to this inability to host .. Lets also keep in mind that they have in the past hosted Anarchy Online successfully and Fallen Earth ..  among others ...

You didnt look hard enough in the forums.

Defiance is a dead game - been migrated to cloud.

Rift - dead - migrated to cloud.

Trove - almost dead - still hosted. 

AA - migration to cloud failed in 4 different attempts - hosted out new Gamigo colo datacenter.

Read the forums on myriad of issues people are facing 
      Pop has nothing do with if they can host a server , way to move goalposts , but that is normal for you ..

AA Unchained they are already needing more servers..

Trove pop is still good , altho .. i dont like the game myself .. You on the other hand held it in such high regard , Gamigo has not changed Trove much at all since the Trion buyout ..  sour grapes ..?

Defiance/ D 2050  still has the same pop it had under Trion , was just playing 2 weeks ago .. Not great but sufficent and folks always show up for the big events .. that spawn acrosss the map .. matter fact the competiton is heavy for kills on those ..

Rift i checked out for a couple weeks just after the Takeover , and there was constant world chat , most in regards to the Buyout ..

AA Unchained is anticipating a pretty good pop at launch , and after the ormal launch issues it should settle into a strong pop game .. 

Not much sadder than a White Knight turn Black knight because there pet Dev failed them ..

Also very odd that you come here each day to piss on any thread relative to Trion Ips , wanting there failure , There are alot of people that are playing these games and want them to stay up and running ..

gervaise1Linifcheeba
  • gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I can't believe that anyone would put more money into this, when they are not honoring the original purchase owners of the previous iteration.  It's crazy.
    Viper482[Deleted User]gunklacker
  • VicusEQVicusEQ Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    yonpachi said:

Defiance ... check

Trove .. check

Rift servers are NOT running fine.  They have canceled a server migration a dozen times and finally just gave up...while bring the servers down for each attempt.  There is massive lag and disconnects (read the first 1-20 post on the forums).  They have added 1 dungeon in 1.5 years.  Nothing else.  The last raid tier that open was in mid 2017.  They have 1 actually dev working on the game and a few support staff.  They seem to ONLY be interested in Archeage, the rest was just apart of the package.
    [Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    VicusEQ said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    yonpachi said:

Defiance ... check

Trove .. check

Rift servers are NOT running fine.  They have canceled a server migration a dozen times and finally just gave up...while bring the servers down for each attempt.  There is massive lag and disconnects (read the first 1-20 post on the forums).  They have added 1 dungeon in 1.5 years.  Nothing else.  The last raid tier that open was in mid 2017.  They have 1 actually dev working on the game and a few support staff.  They seem to ONLY be interested in Archeage, the rest was just apart of the package.
    I think you'll find "knights" of any color only see the narrative they wish, in black or white with very little grey in between.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Scorchien said:
    So did I and many others .. But you paid Trion that 150 , and they failed to deliver along with there bait and switch ..

Im just glad that Gamigo purchased there IPs and is keeping them up and running , Thats great news for the communites of all those games ..

That being said i certainly feel that i got my 150 worth out of the AA launch as did play heavily for 2 years .. thats 75$ a year .. hmm thats less than .25 +/- a day .. yea so ...

Now Gamigo has a chance to deliver what most AA players wanted from day 1 .. for the low entry fee , il give them a chance ..

You actually believe the fault lies with Trion and not XL? Last time I looked the version of AA published by XL is the most P2W of them all.
    KyleranLinif
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited October 2019
    Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:

You actually believe the fault lies with Trion and not XL? Last time I looked the version of AA published by XL is the most P2W of them all.
    The fault is certainly equal ...  But Trion was the face in the West .. the layed down with XL and let them put a ring in there nose ..

Gamigo seems to have XL blessing (ATM) to try a sub server with cosmetic Cash shop , something Trion could never manage

That being said XL had nothing to do with Trions other IPs which all practiced the same wallet invading monetization... 

So for the Western gaming community Trion is the bigger offender
    LinifViper482cheeba
    Scorchien said:
    Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:

The fault is certainly equal ...  But Trion was the face in the West .. the layed down with XL and let them put a ring in there nose ..

Gamigo seems to have XL blessing (ATM) to try a sub server with cosmetic Cash shop , something Trion could never manage
    The couldn't quite get the "blessing" to do it right by removing the P2W shit from the Archeage that already exists though could they?

It's a fucking insult to their existing player base that they need to pay again to get what they could easily fix without the unchained horseshit re-brand.

So who're we going to blame for this one, Gamigo or XL? :)
    Viper482

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited October 2019
    Kyleran said:
    VicusEQ said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    yonpachi said:

Defiance ... check

Trove .. check

I think you'll find "knights" of any color only see the narrative they wish, in black or white with very little grey in between.

;)
    If you know my history at all , ( i would think you do )
     I have never Knighted anything , especially a Trion IP ( check my history) ..

But im willing to give Gamigo a chance with an IP that has such great core features with the  moetization they are promoting ..

but you keep be edgy ..  its fun ..   ;)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited October 2019
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    VicusEQ said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    yonpachi said:

Defiance ... check

Trove .. check

;)

But im willing to give Gamigo a chance with an IP that has such great core features with the  moetization they are promoting ..

C'mon Scorch, you know I'm all about being edgy and can "knight" with the best of them. (See EVE, FO76)

I'm here mostly for the entertainment (and to be entertaining,) the topics and positions are mostly irrelevant.

Interesting trivia, in FO76 the arch nemesis are called the Scorched, with Scorchbeasts being the ultimate evil.

Coincidence? I think not.  

Cheers

:) 

Scorchien

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    VicusEQ said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    yonpachi said:

Defiance ... check

Trove .. check

;)

C'mon Scorch, you know I'm all about being edgy and can "knight" with the best of them. (See EVE, FO76)

I'm here mostly for the entertainment (and to be entertaining,) the topics and positions are mostly irrelevant.

Cheers

:) 

fair enuff