Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained PTS Open To Founders Players Today

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge Unchained PTS Open To Founders Players Today

ArcheAge's B2P version, Unchained, was originally slated to hit digital shelves late September, but a short delay saw the MMO slip to middle of October. However, players can hop in the action now, provided they pre-ordered the Founders Pack.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    The fact that they call it a founders pack for an existing game tells you all you need to know about the target customer base: dummies with money.
    Red flags all over this. It's the Antonio Brown of MMORPGs.
    Tillermomintim[Deleted User]WhiskeydustNecroneusDeadSpockgastovski1gunklackerTacticalZombehViper482and 6 others.
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 558

AngryElf said:

The fact that they call it a founders pack for an existing game tells you all you need to know about the target customer base: dummies with money.

Red flags all over this. It's the Antonio Brown of MMORPGs.

I just spit coffee at that comparison. Wooooow. Bravo.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Basically a preorder no different than any other mmo. Gona have to pay at launch as well to play aau if you skip the packs.

Do not get it for access to the pts though.... they just announced adding more servers to na and eu due to preorders for launch last friday... and they only have 1 server for pts for all regions..... gogo mass server instability and 6k ques.

Yea they did not think that through.... at all.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Founders? Of a game that is live for how many years? What is this travesty????
    gunklacker

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    It’s interesting they openly are saying that the original game is pay to win and now finally deciding to recreate it. Not sure how they got by all these years.
    WhiskeydustMikeha

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Players have asked for this style payment model for a long time, so kudos to them for finally making this happen.

That said, I wont jump on this with speed, rather see where it for for a few months first.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Why are people surprised there would be founder packs for this? There's been founder packs for the previous like 3 'fresh start' servers that were done. Just cause this is under Gamigo doesn't mean it would be different. I feel bad for whoever has been buying the 150$ pack every time.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    hohoho so the same will happen like archeage the first time, but without the good alpha phase?

can I already start with I told you so?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

Nyctelios said:

Greatness said:

It’s interesting they openly are saying that the original game is pay to win and now finally deciding to recreate it. Not sure how they got by all these years.

Because the core machanics are really engaging despite the p2w nature. That's the issue: They have a good game... It could have been so much more.

having a good game who the ver own devs made everything possible to kill don't make it a possible save.

sorry kid the princess is in another castle, I said another not you return to the entrance and rerun the castle hoping it will be diferent
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    I bet no one will buy any of those founder packs.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DeadSpock said:
    I bought 4  :smile:
    Scorchien said:
    DeadSpock said:
    I bought 4  :smile:
    see this is why we can't have nice things, if crap can sell why make anything good?
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    He is just talking shit even if someone bought 1 would not admit it is like screaming I am brainless and throw money away.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DeadSpock said:
    He is just talking shit even if someone bought 1 would not admit it is like screaming I am brainless and throw money away.
    lol .. no im not ,i have disposable income and  3 of them are for the giveaway im doing here ..

I would not bother entering ...
  • KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    I bought a founders pack for Vanilla Archage, and I really enjoyed it prior to the changes Trion made for the launch version.

Most of those changes that irked me focused around the cash shop and the labour system.

Most of the things that ended up causing me to bounce of Archage the first time are addressed in Unchained.

I will be giving it a try with an open mind, I am not expecting the second coming, but maybe an enjoyable game free from the frustrations of Trions version of Archage, and if not, well I lose 30 Euro.

I might even get one of the founder packs, it is only Gamigos reputation that is giving me cause to think "maybe I will wait a few days".

But many people said at the time and have said since, Archage done right has real potential to be a success, not a juggernaut, not a run away success, but a profitable sustainable business to build a brand off.

So I will be hoping, but keeping those hopes tempered.
    Scorchien[Deleted User]
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    I gambled away my $26. I'll let you guys know in few months.
    [Deleted User]
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    A re-launch of a re-launch
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited October 2019
    • Launch
    • Fresh Start 1
    • Fresh Start 2
    • Fresh Start 3
    • B2P Fresh Start 1

All people wanted was labor generation akin to Alpha, with a subscription and ALL P2W elements reasonably integrated into the game. No cash shop. No gameplay that incited/rewarded mutli-boxers and multi-accounting Altage foolery.

It's NOT GOING TO F#$%ING HAPPEN MAN! Quit hitting yourselves. :D
    Post edited by FlyByKnight on
    Albatroesalkarionlog[Deleted User]LexTalionkenguru23
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    yonpachi said:
    I gambled away my $26. I'll let you guys know in few months.
    You just did.

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    DeadSpock said:
    Enough people bought them they had to add new servers for launch and are talking about adding more after that. There is actually a decent amount of hype in the archeage community about AAU. The past actions of the companies involved will keep it from being alot bigger the it could be though that is a given.

Most people who played archeage say the game was great, but the cashshop and p2w model killed it. Well they are promising to remove the 2nd part of that statement. So some people are giving them a shot at it.

People are gambling on it. If they trully remove the p2w, archeage is one of the best mmos on the market atm period. Emphasis on the "IF" part though. Atm everything is checking out.

The real question is can they get the servers actually working... atm it is sorta sad.
    Scorchien
    nice is on reddit pople who was conned already is saying it bring back memorys of the long list of founders who already paid and can't log

hell I balled they would complain in 3 months, I guess it will happen in a week
  • PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Gamigo has their work cut out to get servers up and running properly. So far they have had to disable Easy Anti Cheat.
  • WargasmDotAWargasmDotA Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I bought Unchained because of new business model, not because they bound/remove/nerf all ArcheAge item database. People always complain because they can't win the game. I've got no choice but to play this game with noobs lul
    Sensai[Deleted User]alkarionlogKyleran
  • PortzPortz Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Founder pack is the new "Deluxe edition" or "Collectors edition"
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Hay i got an idea, lets just keep launching the same game year after year and sell Founders pack each year - brilliant !
    [Deleted User]KyleranPhry