Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained Stream Provides More Insight Into Launch - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206

cheeba said:

This wont even last as long as the pedo game i am playing Astellia 

Now that's just delusional.  LMAO

They have bears in AA too.
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    edited September 2019
    25:30

Just learned about BDO.
    [Deleted User]
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Torval said:
    Herithius said:
    What's the worst case here? That the cash shop goes p2w in 6 months? If that means 6 months of a great sandbox experience for $25 then sign me up.
    Worst case scenario is that it takes 6 months, not 6 days or weeks, for this to turn into a shit show. By then we'll have forgotten all the people who didn't mind throwing their money away raging at Gamigo for getting shafted..... again. again. again.

It used to not be funny to watch people repeatedly make the same bad choices with their money. Now it is kind of funny when you know they know it's a mistake. The funny part is when they defend a bad actor like Gamigo or pretend they're not going to get burnt.

6 months is a long time to wait for those threads. :lol:
    give then 3 months give or take we will see these posts
    [Deleted User]
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Xatsh said: hu
    Ffxiv has p2w, wow has p2w, eso has p2w, gw2 has p2w, bdo has p2w.

Each one of them have more p2w in their cashshop now than the new model of archeage.

Yes gamigo has been known for p2w.

But I mean blizzard released diablo 3 with an ingame rmt store, added a game time token to wow that can be sold for ingame gold sells flying mounts, and is focused in mobile games which are all cashshop p2w trash.

SE sells a mount with max movement speed on the cashshop and leveling potions for both you and your npcs in ffxiv.

So why do those companies get a pass when you have to sub and there is p2w and aau which atm has no p2w get crucified?
    If you really have to ask then it probably is beyond your comprehension, but I suspect you well know why.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Torval said:
    Herithius said:
    What's the worst case here? That the cash shop goes p2w in 6 months? If that means 6 months of a great sandbox experience for $25 then sign me up.
    Worst case scenario is that it takes 6 months, not 6 days or weeks, for this to turn into a shit show. By then we'll have forgotten all the people who didn't mind throwing their money away raging at Gamigo for getting shafted..... again. again. again.

It used to not be funny to watch people repeatedly make the same bad choices with their money. Now it is kind of funny when you know they know it's a mistake. The funny part is when they defend a bad actor like Gamigo or pretend they're not going to get burnt.

..And what if this doesn't happen? What if 3, 6, 12 months go by, and the game is not P2W? Then what? What about those people you convinced not to play a decent game? Oh well, right? 
    alkarionlog
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited September 2019
    mcrippins said:
    Torval said:
    Herithius said:

..And what if this doesn't happen? What if 3, 6, 12 months go by, and the game is not P2W? Then what? What about those people you convinced not to play a decent game? Oh well, right? 
    Just a risk every gamer takes when making a decision to play or not based on a potential future event. 

Neither outcome is a truly tragic occurance, especially for $25 or so.

I liked their answer on MassivelyOP's recent interview to the politely phrased question about future monetization "changes."

They believe by having two different server types, those who love their P2W progression will remain where they are, paying and playing.

Unchained is for the non whale and they believe the new monetization model to be sustainable, with both server type being more than enough to sustain them

Recommend those interested in this game go read the full interview. 

https://massivelyop.com/2019/09/27/interview-archeage-unchaineds-merv-lee-kwai-on-housing-rmt-and-the-future-of-the-game/

[Deleted User]mcrippinsPhryalkarionlog

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

mcrippins said:
    Torval said:
    Herithius said:

ah not you are not getting it, IT WILL happen, we are only balling when, there is no IF it will, its like dead, eventually it will happen, only question is when
    [Deleted User]
  • HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 218
    edited September 2019
    Archeage is one of the few, legitimate, polished, sandbox mmorpgs out there. That is why so many of us are willing to take the risk.

If anything should be critiqued its nearly all of these kickstarter mmorpgs that, while admirable in efforts, are going to shortchange so many fans. Personally, Im exhausted waiting 6+ years for these mmorpgs that are just going to fall so very short.

I just rather play a mmorpg than talk on a forum about them.
    KyleranalkarionlogBruceYee
    Herithius said:
    Archeage is one of the few, legitimate, polished, sandbox mmorpgs out there. That is why so many of us are willing to take the risk.

If anything should be critiqued its nearly all of these kickstarter mmorpgs that, while admirable in efforts, are going to shortchange so many fans. Personally, Im exhausted waiting 6+ years for these mmorpgs that are just going to fall so very short.

I just rather play a mmorpg than talk on a forum about them.
    but her eis the deal, if oyu still keep giving money for half baked goods, why they will make it fully baked? there is no reason, people are like this if they belive they can do something and there is no penalty they will do so, if players don't give then money for this kinda of crap you belive they would do so?

worse still there is no good will comming from then, they history tells us they are not to be trusted, they bussiness plan is game as a service and for that they will create hundles during game to sell items to help you (labor pots, xp potion, regrade items), remember then AA was possible to craft everything you needed no one cared or needed to do dungeon for gear, because crafted was better, that changed on day 1 launch, with make impossible to craft and people was forced to do dungeon runs to gear, and then make regrade the only way possible to get good gear.

with then again they will repeat the same thing again, and you guys belive it will be diferent?

kinda make me remember the wife beating thing, dude beat his wife, she leaves, then he tells her he will no do it again and for her to return, she return, then he beat her again, and ad infinitum, tell me why you guys like to get beaten that much?
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    DMKano said:
    mcrippins said:
    Torval said:
    Herithius said:

Literally impossible to not happen - again look who is in charge Gamigo, XL

They are known for predatory cash shops - which are still in full effect in their other games.

Once the sales dip - they are going to crank the cash shops up and milk those whales, just like they did before with Trion.

The strategy is to lure the players initially, hook them on the game and then crank up the cash shop slowly over time - like being inside of a pot and they are cranking up the heat slowly so the players dont notice when the water starts boiling.

Asking what if this doesnt happen - this is exactly how they get you - they exploit your trust via a few streams where they paint this ideal bullshit picture - this is nothing than a sales pitch 

The plan is to crank up the cash shop post launch - only a matter of when. 

Remember black desert - they promised the same shit - started out pretty fair, look at the P2W now 

...aaaand another thread successfully being derailed by Kano.
    Any type of constructive conversation about the game once again being masterfully diverted into discussing the possibility of "Bad Gamigo MAY make AAU P2W sometime in the future".
    There's a dishonesty in what Kano writes about AAU because if he indeed has that "insider industry info" then he knows that THIS specific relaunch NOT the other 3 HE tried to sell to us caters to a different demographic of gamers similar to WoW classic. The other relaunches were ftp which main source of income is WHALES and a large portion of the playerbase is made up of ENTIRELY ftp players meaning players who do not spend a damn penny. There are some players who drop small amounts of money but they make up a smaller % compared to the other 2. The player who starts off buying a product to play(btp) is more inclined to continue support(give more money) even if it is soley on cosmetics like in GW2. That model along with Albion which started as btp and is also another german company is what this game seems to be modeling its monetization after. IF they make enough money on their passes and cosmetics and that is a big IF I don't see any reason for them to add p2w but don't entirely doubt they won't. Compared to mobile games that ask players for $99.99 like it's lunch money any p2w in PC games is a very obvious whale hunt and usually puts off the certain type of PC gamer who will be in AAU so it would be a fools move by Gamigo IMO.

I don't doubt the temptation to add p2w will be there for the developers and will be a constant battle but only time will tell if they give in. If we don't buy the game and they don't make what they'd hoped on btp + cosmetics alone it may go down that p2w road so by not supporting initially we may be the cause of what we don't want to happen. I chose to buy 3 packs for $75 total and if they add p2w so what no big deal I'll just stop playing cause it's just a damn game.
    Scorchienalkarionlog
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2019
    Except one big problem...

Redemption is nice if your actually trying to convince people about some NEW product and are doing the RIGHT thing<<<,morals.

This is NOT the case,XL is just saying,well screw you past patrons,that was not our business ,so we don't care.They most certainly DO NOT care.

Now an example of redemption would be let's say you went to a UFC event and it was crap,fights cancelled all around a horrible show.OK so Dana White says,you know what i agree that was bad,all those who paid for that event get 50% the next event of your choosing.Or he could offer other choices like  would you rather some UFC merchandise or some other way to say "i am sorry".

Here is another thought.When you buy something,you assume the debt if any owed,this is across the board.If debt owned on a car,you assume it,if debt owed on a house ,you assume it.What XP is doing is similar to a lot else going on in the gaming industry,undermining the law by changing a few simple words.
    So change the title,CLAIM a different game,re brand any little scummy thing you can do to resell the same product,an ATTEMPT to screw over past purchasers or all those who invested money into the game.

This would be like if i was buying a car and didn't want to assume the debt,i could just change the name of the car,put some different seats inside,paint it a different color and say...oh this is not the same car so i don't have to assume the debt owed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    DMKano said:
    People who are betting in favor of Archeage have:

a) Never played it and like gambling on long shots
    b) Are Opie from Family Guy

With that said, DMKano was making all types of excuses for Trino when they were allowing or unable to do anything about the extra grimey P2W garbage on their watch, and seems to be extra critical of the next slumlords who own the property now.

That tells me if Trino was running the show pom poms might be out right now.

You'd be wrong.

Trion was a shite company that was more focused on short term $$$$ by gouging players than anything else.

The only time Trion did anything respectable was Rift launch and 6 months after that. 

Defiance, End of Nations, were colossal failures.

Cash shop model - greed turned to max.

It took me a while to wake up, but once I did there is no denying how shitty Trion was for the last 6+ years.

The contract they agreed to and signed with XL that was basically "let's rape players with the cash shop" - is an abomination. 

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Rhoklaw said:
    mcrippins said:
    Torval said:
    Herithius said:

Statistically speaking, anything can happen. Question is, would you rather see hundreds of people throw money down the drain or hundreds of people miss out on the best feature heavy MMO because XL Games and Gamigo aren't confident enough in the product to remove the cash shop.
    actually Statistically speaking, there is a damn huge chance of they adding pay to win elements again in a month or so, I gave 3 months for people to start to cry, some are already saying the packs are already looking p2w

Statistically speaking anyone who spend money on this game expecting not see p2w element are so screwed

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Did they say if the $150 I spent in the beginning and subsequent subscription I paid over the first year would get me unchained for free?

No I didn’t watch it and I won’t. it’s the only question I have that will determine if I play or not. 
    Did they say if the $150 I spent in the beginning and subsequent subscription I paid over the first year would get me unchained for free?

No I didn’t watch it and I won’t. it’s the only question I have that will determine if I play or not. 
    from what I know no

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2019
    Where's all these statistics everyone is banging on about?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    They are treating aau as a separate game. So nothing you purchased for archeage to this point will count.