Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your alltime favorite MMO list

Comments

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    EQ2 (Up to and including Altar of Malice. 2014. Downhill big time after that expansion)
    Vanguard

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Phry said:
    Its like Deja Vu all over again  :p
    I know..
    But my lost changes every year...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited October 2019
    1. Shadowbane
    2. Ultima Online
    3. Warhammer Online
    4. Guildwars 2 before HoT (it's trash now)
    5. World of Warcraft Classic
    6. Planetside
    7. Black Desert
    8. Everquest
    9. Blade & Soul
    10. Final Fantasy XIV

Honorable mention: Eve, Rift, GW1
    Phaserlight
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      In order

Ultima Online .. 22 years still playing now ..

EQ2 - this is second by default as a large group of friends stuck with it for along time ..

Asherons Call... Amazing game and still better than most games today that are running (shame it could never get a proper facelift)

Warhammer ..played from Alpha to close .. got RR 93 in live and still the best RVR experience to date ...imo

DAOC ... Great game and for me the PVE experience meshed so well with the RvR overall a better game than War , but  Wars RvR was more fun ..imo

Anarchy Online ... Brilliant game , and still still one of thee deepest to gear/build/implant a class in..( also deserving of a proper facelift ...

Wow .. revisiting with Classic and having a blast .

LOTRO for ITT to last year .. good game that has lost any creative edge by rehashing the same mechainics since 14...

Vanguard , really immersive game ( with the best collection of classes in any game still) enjoying popping in the emu server

could keep going .. ill stop at 9

Phaserlight
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Anarchy Online
    DAOC
    Asheron's Call 2
    Earth & Beyond
    Auto Assault
    EQ2
    Wow
    Star Trek Online(Pre PWE)

Phaserlight
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    DeadSpock said:
    FFXI
    I didn't realize Wizardry had two accounts :)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]NephethPhaserlightAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    1. Lineage 2
    2. Aion
    3. Everquest 2
    4. Age Of Wushu
    5. Black Desert
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Lists of favorite MMORPGs.  Always a crowd pleaser.  Pointless (especially for shuttered games), but fun.  I'll play.

EQ1.  Played this longest, from 1999 through this year.  Sure, there have been some rather significant lapses, but that's a long time.  Been lapsing of late, though.  I haven't messed around with Mendel since they revamped AAs about 3 years ago, with the unthinking complete refund revoking all 'gifted' AAs (auto-AA for paying customers.  I was, but then wasn't.  Wiped everything and messed up my choices).  Despite this, I was keeping Mendel in limbo in unlikely case I resubecribed one day.

LotRO.  Started when the game first launched.  It loses me occasionally (for year) when they decide to revamp/rethink all the classes.  Awful launch / patch system.  At times, Turbine now SSG seem to be their own worst enemy.  Most reasonable cash shop /F2P scheme in any game, even if they are a bit stingy with TP/LPs.

DAoC.  Despite being primarily a PvE player, I enjoyed this game for a short time.  It was the only game that really gave me a sense of danger.  I got more Cabalist on more Hibbie feet than any other game I can recall.  Pretty much retired this one years ago.

Others haven't met expectations.  Of those, I probably put more time into SWTOR.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    1. Warhammer Online
    2. Guild Wars
    3. World of Warcraft
    4. Star Wars Galaxies
    5. Ragnarok Online
    6. Knight Online
    7. Elder Scrolls Online
    8. Guild Wars 2

Top 3 are like holy trinity for me. I started playing these three games on their release and still play to this day.

Phaserlight
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    EQ1
    DAoC
    SWG
    SWToR
    WoW

These are the games I suck years and years into and kept coming back to but I have played almost every major MMO over the past 21 years. Currently lost in ESO and won't be taking a break from this game till Pantheon. If Pantheon floops I know I will be back at ESO. It's the most fun I have had in a MMO since EQ1 my heart game. ESO is deeply flawed but so was EQ1. Funny how games can be allot of fun and be broken :) 
    PhaserlightCatibrie
  • AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I've been around since the start.
    1) Ultima Online - Played off and on and then joined Ultima Forever. I loved the skill based system in this game, the rare item hunting, taming, the sandbox, the way carebears, socializers, and pvprs all played together. There will never be another UO ever. There were no options and so all of us played together and banded against griefers together instead of running to another game. It was fun.
    2) Age of Wushu - Amazing game, but the Pay to Win made me stop playing. I love martial arts and I love MMORPGs. This had a lot of amazing aspects and potential to be the best game I have ever played. 
    3) Star Wars Galaxies - Played until the introduction to holocrons. Once they made being a Jedi easy for everyone, I lost interest. If they would have kept this game as is before holocrons, I would've been a lifer.
    4) Vanguard - Played briefly but I loved a lot of aspects of this game. Low game population made me quit. It's not a well loved game, but the buddy system in this and being able to share Xp with your friends stopped the "catch up to play with us" aspect. I placed it higher than WoW only because it was more of a sandbox and I enjoy sanbox games.
    5) World of Warcraft - I loved this game from the start but once they added all the instances for everything and world PvP died off I stopped playing,
    6) Lord of the Rings Online - Loved the storyline, but lack of PvP made me quit
    7) Age of Conan - Loved the graphics, but the game still lacked for me
    8) Archeage - Wonderful game and would've played for years had the PTW factor not been an issue for me.

Conan Exiles I put about 372 hours into this game. It was a fun game, but once me and my friend raided the entire server in one night, everyone quit. We changed servers and did the same thing. Understanding that once you win everyone leaves rather than come together made me realize I won the game twice then it was time for me to leave. :/ Not a fan of starting over and over and over. 
  • ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    NWN on AOL
    EQ
    SWG
    WoW
    TSW
    LotRO
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Age of Wushu
    ESO
    WoW
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Pr0tag0ni5tPr0tag0ni5t Member UncommonPosts: 259
    1. Vanguard SoH
    2. Star Wars Galaxies
    3. Rift
    4. EQ2
    5. WoW

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    1)  EQ up to POP
    2)  DDO and/or SWTOR.  I....just...can't....decide
    3)  WOW up until CATA
    4)  City of Heroes
    5)  Shadowbane
    6)  EQ2 is a close 5th, but there are caveats.  Mainly, I thoroughly loved the game during the first year of release.  After that, it is just "fun"

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    edited October 2019
    MMOs I have enjoyed the most in the era I enjoyed them.

1. FFXI (Pre-Abysea) - I put in over 24,000 hrs of game time here. Still no mmo to this day has even come close to the amount of relevant content this mmo had back in the day.
    2. Archeage - if there was a p2p server with no cashshop and they did not change the trade system this would of been my # 1. This game even to this day just has an absurd amount of content in it, great class system, strong guild focus, and honestly is the best pvp mmo I have played to this day. Only reason I have not played this as my main is the horrible p2w. lets see if AAU actually fixes this longterm.
    3. Aion (before they gutted the game) - Loved the abyss and pvp here.
    4. WoW (Older Classic Wow) - Was solid it felt really shallow and casual compared to ffxi to me so I didn't play it much back in the day. Played it more recently then when it was new on private servers and classic launch.
    5. Old Rift -  Before trion went mega greedy with p2w
    6. FFXIV - Solid content but honestly this game has 1/10th the required endgame to be a top contender on my list. One of the best PVE mmos... for the 5hrs a week you can actually play it without running out of content.
    7. ESO - Ok game, I like elderscrolls. Mainly why I like it, I feel other game do what it does better in most cases.
    8. Current WoW - ok raids, game has been dummed down to the max. And addition of cashshop and WoW tokens are a major negative in my book

I tried alot of other mmos alot I was not crazy over.

• SWToR: Would of been a great Solo player game... could not see the draw as a mmo.
    • EQ2: Felt like a subpar WoW to me.
    • GW/GW2 : Something about it did not click for me. Was just not a game I enjoyed.
    • BDO: Really Stripped down Archeage with shinier graphics and action combat. Did not see a reason to play this over AA.
    • Revelation Online: They literally copied every popular game and half assed added the stuff into their game with no reason. The game was built on daily quest. Just not good.
    • Wildstar: The theme, mood, and atmosphere of this game were a immediate turn off. even more then the cartoony style of WoW was to me back in the day. I just could not play it.
    AlBQuirky
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited October 2019
    I haven't even liked enough MMOs to make a list.

Guild Wars 1

9 empty ranks

Guild Wars 2

25 empty ranks

Blade and Soul

Over 9000 empty ranks of disappointment and despair.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2019
    1) FFXI
    2) Ragnarok Online (old old old version)
    3) Guild Wars 1
    4) Archeage
    5) Dream of Mirror Online (very very very buggy but it had a lot of potential)

I would honestly put Diablo 2 at least 3rd but dont think that counts as a mmo
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited October 2019
    1. Star Wars Galaxies
    2. Guild Wars 1
    3. Anarchy Online
    4. Guild Wars 2
    5. EVE Online
    6. CoH/CoV
    7. Vanguard

Then a bunch of MMORPG's that were ok, but I can't be bothered to list them.

(edit: almost forgot EVE, doh)

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    1. Star Wars Galaxies
    2. World of Warcraft
    3. Everquest 2
    4. Guild Wars 2
    5. Lord of the Rings Online

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited October 2019
    WoW (TBC-CATA)
    The Matrix Online
    SWG
    Anarchy Online
    City of Heroes
    Guild Wars 1
    SWTOR
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Destiny (TTK-SK)

*not in order

"Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited October 2019
    Nyctelios said:
    Nepheth said:
    1. Warhammer Online
    2. Guild Wars
    3. World of Warcraft
    4. Star Wars Galaxies
    5. Ragnarok Online
    6. Knight Online
    7. Elder Scrolls Online
    8. Guild Wars 2

Top 3 are like holy trinity for me. I started playing these three games on their release and still play to this day.

Wow! Knight Online! I forgot that one! Had such good time with my friends there!
    I've never played a better mmorpg when it comes to pvp. But thanks to the company behind it, it's just a huge p2w cash grab today unfortunately....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_PtVo41C70
    [Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    FFXI...FFXI ...FFXi ...nothing else.Best content ever in a mmorpg "Besieged"best class system "sub class"best combat "Renkai/Elemental",resistances,best aggro systems "most games have ONE>>>proximity",ONLY mmo with a language translator it goes on and on and on.

I have better things to do than keep opening some map that magically plots down a bunch of yellow markers for me to chase around,holding my hand.I EXPECT immersion not automated dungeon finders where you don't even enter a dungeon,you warp there...seriously?..sigh such bad designs out there.

I guess all depends what you want out of a rpg,i want a rpg not some automated quest and dungeon finder.

Pet classes lol,NO mmorpg comes close with pet classes,most are actually laughable bad.A large majority only have pets/mounts to sell in cash shops that is how shallow the designs are.

FFXi 6.5/10...for it's time 2002 it was a 7.5/10.
    FFXIV 6/10
    the rest 1-5/10.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheRedDreadTheRedDread Member UncommonPosts: 158
    1. FFXI
    2. Ragnarok Online
    3. Guild Wars
    4. Guild Wars 2
    5. Age of Conan
  • HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Ultima Online
    Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft
    Age of Conan