Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Reservation Detailed For ArcheAge Unchained

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageCharacter Reservation Detailed For ArcheAge Unchained

For those looking to hop into gamigo's upcoming ArcheAge: Unchained, you can get primed soon thanks to character reservations coming to the game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Flush this turd
    [Deleted User]alkarionlogLexTalion
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    When companies say unchained, they meant unchain your wallet to their greedy abuse. If a game fails to entertaining then its just a glorify slot machine with arms and legs in this game. Archeage with such a wasted of potential its scream sadness, too bad they went the greedy route to hell.
    alkarionlogLexTalion
  • PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 122
    So far XLgames is working with Gamigo nicely to remove pay2win elements. There are some potential exploits with the Archepass currently but Gamigo is taking note of player feedback and promising action. They are doing what it takes to try to regain the trust of players. I am looking forward to launch. It’s shaping up to be the best $26 I’ve spent on gaming all year.
    alkarionloglucyluffy101itchmon
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    So far XLgames is working with Gamigo nicely to remove pay2win elements. There are some potential exploits with the Archepass currently but Gamigo is taking note of player feedback and promising action. They are doing what it takes to try to regain the trust of players. I am looking forward to launch. It’s shaping up to be the best $26 I’ve spent on gaming all year.
    Which means that either the game is pretty good, or you have some really bad spending habits  :p
    alkarionlog
  • sworchesworche Member UncommonPosts: 10

Rhoklaw said:

"Gamigo is taking note of player feedback and promising action. They are doing what it takes to try to regain the trust of players"

Here's the problem. Gamigo promising anything isn't what you want to hear. What needs to be said is XL Games promises to get rid of the damn cash shop. Good luck though, as I promise you, they haven't learned a thing from their players. People asked for a subscription based AA for years and all we got was a relaunch of fresh start servers and now this? I truly wish you the best, but aside from FFXIV, there hasn't been a single Asian developer who's provided a nonP2W MMO.

The way i look at it,no point in shit talking about a company that just took over and is trying to fix stuff,time will tell if they gonna make it pay2win or not in future,but so far,atleast in my mind,gamigo has nothing to do with the past shit that trion has done,and they are trying to fix it,and from the amount of servers they are going to release ( obviously alot of ppl preordered the game ) it should show them that pay2win with 10 whales will never be as good as having a good game where alot of ppl will be spending money.

Also,trion went to shit,they bankrupted,i am guessing that the reason gamigo is even doing this is that archeage is not worth holding as it was,cos if it was,trion wouldnt have bankrupted,id say this will probably be the last try to revive the game or let it die if it fails.
    alkarionloglucyluffy101truewarlord
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

sworche said:

Rhoklaw said:

"Gamigo is taking note of player feedback and promising action. They are doing what it takes to try to regain the trust of players"

Here's the problem. Gamigo promising anything isn't what you want to hear. What needs to be said is XL Games promises to get rid of the damn cash shop. Good luck though, as I promise you, they haven't learned a thing from their players. People asked for a subscription based AA for years and all we got was a relaunch of fresh start servers and now this? I truly wish you the best, but aside from FFXIV, there hasn't been a single Asian developer who's provided a nonP2W MMO.

The way i look at it,no point in shit talking about a company that just took over and is trying to fix stuff,time will tell if they gonna make it pay2win or not in future,but so far,atleast in my mind,gamigo has nothing to do with the past shit that trion has done,and they are trying to fix it,and from the amount of servers they are going to release ( obviously alot of ppl preordered the game ) it should show them that pay2win with 10 whales will never be as good as having a good game where alot of ppl will be spending money.

Also,trion went to shit,they bankrupted,i am guessing that the reason gamigo is even doing this is that archeage is not worth holding as it was,cos if it was,trion wouldnt have bankrupted,id say this will probably be the last try to revive the game or let it die if it fails.

you should look again
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]LexTalion
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    So should I gamble away $26? It sounds too good to be true
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    DMKano said:

sworche said:

Rhoklaw said:

you should look again

Yeah I mean just look what happened to companies acquired by Gamigo

Specifically look to see if any of them thrived and grew or were all of them reduced to ashes and only the most profitable games kept while 99% of employees were terminated.

Look at Aeria games, wild Tangent, Trion..... all gutted. There is a single Aeria Games employee still working at Gamigo, Wild Tangent... I dont think anyone was kept, Trion is down to about 25 or so employees left - they had over 50 after Gamigo acquisition. By the end of the year the rumor is they are going to let go most of the remaining Trion employees.

Gamigo is a parasitic publisher they take over suck the remaining life out of the companies, make short term profits and discard. Move to the next victim. 

Who will save us from these evil publishers?  WHO?!
    moshra said:
    DMKano said:

sworche said:

Rhoklaw said:

you should look again

Specifically look to see if any of them thrived and grew or were all of them reduced to ashes and only the most profitable games kept while 99% of employees were terminated.

Look at Aeria games, wild Tangent, Trion..... all gutted. There is a single Aeria Games employee still working at Gamigo, Wild Tangent... I dont think anyone was kept, Trion is down to about 25 or so employees left - they had over 50 after Gamigo acquisition. By the end of the year the rumor is they are going to let go most of the remaining Trion employees.

Gamigo is a parasitic publisher they take over suck the remaining life out of the companies, make short term profits and discard. Move to the next victim. 

feh, sad

no one will save anyone everyone can only take care of thenselfs and people around then they care, if players want MMORPGS to improve they need to stop giving sh!t games and devs money like a drug addicted and only spend on really quality games, but what I see is people just want they next fix
    Sensai
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    moshra said:
    DMKano said:

sworche said:

Rhoklaw said:

you should look again

Like EA, you mean? lots of publishers have a bad rep when it comes to how they destroy development teams, its not like Bioware was the first after all, just the most recent. They are just Vultures swooping in when they can, to strip whatever is left, if a developer falls into the hands of the likes of EA/Activision/Gamigo etc. then there is only really one outcome that is certain.
    Of course anyone that is hoping that Gamigo has suddenly changed the way they operate, to adopt a more altruistic method of monetisation, good luck with that :p
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    I don't like Gamigo (or frankly most mmo developers or producers) but I also remember that for years I have said if only they made an AA server where there isn't the ability to buy labor points it would be an amazing game. So I put my money down for the $50 founders pack. I would do the same for, say, an Atlantica server that removed lotto boxes and just charged a sub or an updated Mabi client, even though I trust those developers 0%. Worst case I'm wrong and I eat fifty bucks, best case I play the darn thing a couple hundred hours.
    LexTalionalkarionlog

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

itchmon said:
    I don't like Gamigo (or frankly most mmo developers or producers) but I also remember that for years I have said if only they made an AA server where there isn't the ability to buy labor points it would be an amazing game. So I put my money down for the $50 founders pack. I would do the same for, say, an Atlantica server that removed lotto boxes and just charged a sub or an updated Mabi client, even though I trust those developers 0%. Worst case I'm wrong and I eat fifty bucks, best case I play the darn thing a couple hundred hours.
    you missed the point, the "amazing game" was because labor would be worth something, AKA crafting was worth, the actual gameplay now, make crafting useless and farming for hassla then the next tier gave the better outcome and then its farming dungeons, even though the whole coinpurse as a only reason to get items and gold is not going anymore, a lot of thing are still behind the coinpurse, before, when you was out of labor you could, kill mobs to collect items and gold, after launch everything was behind coinpurses, my char maxed the coinpurse opening so I could spend less labor to open then and give a better change to get something good, and even so only the lower labor was somwhere usefull. with nowadays I doubt crafting would be good and even made a come back on this new server

so sorry kid, the game is spoiled, there is no way to take a sip of something who is poisoned, ther eis no saving a well who his waters are spoiled, better make a new well in a far away place