Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame

vazerothvazeroth Member UncommonPosts: 11
Apologies if this is a weird email.  I'm looking for a decent online game, i would prefer a mmorpg because thats what i'm used to playing and its what i enjoy.  I'd like something with a social community and to have a decent player base in EU.  I used to have gamer friends a few of them have gotten older and had families and kids and a few of them passed away.  Gaming solo isn't for me.  Does anyone have any decent games they could recommend and would like to adopt a old nerd expressionless

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Honestly for an MMORPG with a decent community (in both EU and other regions) FFXIV is pretty great. I've had countless experiences where people actually talk in groups or in guild chats, any guild I've joined has been nice and hasn't been silent at all, people tend to just hang out in the game which is uncommon for most games now a days. 
    Phaserlightvazeroth
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Classic WoW is coming out August 27th. Maybe that might fit your criteria.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I really enjoy Vendetta Online but it's sort of off-the-beaten-trail. My main character (Phaserlight) is part of a relatively ancient guild that may or may not go through a revival; I also have alts in three other newer, more active guilds I have warily integrated with.

The main hits for me these days are dueling around Sedina-Latos and the odd player-to-player business transaction.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• vazerothvazeroth Member UncommonPosts: 11
    thanks for the suggestions i will look into them.  i did play through vanilla wow at launch and the only thing that worries me about classic is that it will eventually run out of content to update. 

• demon54demon54 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    nice game. even the update is good .
    I also recommend Distance:

I mean... by the Archaic play this game if you haven't already.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    To general of a question without knowing what you have already played and your likes and dislikes are.

With that said the "traditional MMO" scene is dead right now. With the exception of CLASSIC WOW, Not retail all your other MMO's on the market are lacking in one way or another. You have GW2 which is a great PVE world with terrible endgame, or SWTOR , great story with meidocre everything else or something like ESO which is meh to meh. Maybe Final Fantasy if you are looking for something similar to WOW but different

Personally I'd recommend going with something like Conan Exiles a survival/mmo lite type hybrid. Its a survival MMO technically  but if you are looking for a something that can be as social or solo friendly as you like this game hits all the right notes. 

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• fyehu43fyehu43 Member UncommonPosts: 34

Is it free to play?

• ExistentialistExistentialist Member UncommonPosts: 58
    If you want community my first thought is always Lotro.

New expansion is looking good with 6 new instances coming.
    fyehu43 said:

Is it free to play?
    It was like 50% off at the time I posted.  Full price is $25, I think.  At 212 hours in it accounts for some of the best dollars I've spent on Steam.  A well deserved, solid indie price.

My favorite thing about it is watching the ghosts of other players run my tracks, as well as knowing that when I run someone else's track I will leave a ghost for them to observe.

General community... gets a C-.  However, this is more than made up for by the aesthetic which this game knocks out of the park.