Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ghost Recon Breakpoint Gold and Ultimate Editions Out Today - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGhost Recon Breakpoint Gold and Ultimate Editions Out Today - MMORPG.com News

Ghost Recon Breakpoint is out today for Gold and Ultimate editions of the game on console and PC. If you purchased the Standard edition, you'll have to wait until October 3.

Read the full story here

Comments

• sceerysceery Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited September 2019
    cant wait :)
  • ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

sceery said:

cant wait :)

You really should read all the gameplay coverage I have, starting with my beta impressions >> https://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/features.cfm/from/home/read/13993/ismb/1/ghost-recon-breakpoint-beta-this-needs-work.html
    Hengist
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Betas were great. Unfortunately I have to wait 4 days as a standard edition peasant :-(

Thank you for your time!

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

3dom said:

Betas were great. Unfortunately I have to wait 4 days as a standard edition peasant :-(

wait a year so they can fix all bugs and then you can buy all DLC with a discount
    infomatz
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Toxicity28Toxicity28 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    WRONG! Edit this post because the game comes out tomorrow for Gold and Ultimate.
  • UntamedgunnerUntamedgunner Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Actually all year 1 DLC content if FREE to all players. As was with Division 2. I don’t care if it’s FFRR 14 GTA Online or ESO all services games have bugs at launch and beyond. The difference is gamers are spoiled little brats theses days. When I started playing video games if there were glitches bugs so one that was it dead stop! The game was what it was. Now we get to live in a time we’re lucky enough to get updates and fixes extra content. I suggest to all the complaining whiners Pick up an Atari or Comadore 64. Play nothing but those systems for a week. You’ll be bagging for the way they make games today.
  • Deadrites87Deadrites87 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    This is a wait and see for me. Ubisoft games reuse a lot of system designs and mechanics and just reskin it in a new package. Division 2 became incredibly stale pretty quick and this looks like a mesh between wildlands and the division 2 but somehow worse.
    [Deleted User]infomatz
  • HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282
    I enjoyed the Beta as well.

It's not Wildlands, which was a bummer, because I always felt that was a "great" Ghost Recon game, the story (not that I care a ton about it) worked, the mechanics worked, but it was a massive world, with tons to do, and it got the important things right. (At least what I felt was important.) Wildlands goes down for me as an all-time great.

The story here is, frankly a little goofy, but what bothered me the most was that the gameplay did not feel quite as fluid and smooth as Wildlands. Finally, I'm not sure I cared for Erewhon, I don't need a "Destiny" hub-centric kind of game.

That said, the actual gameplay? That was enjoyable, solo it was fun, but it was so much more enjoyable when I was playing with a few friends, then the whole thing comes together. It's not Wildlands, but for me at least, worth every penny.

Oh...in terms of the "coverage" here....I'm glad we can all agree to disagree, but when I read how someone is upset that they didn't change the story in the past 30 days, and points that out as a huge flaw, well.....I'd take the opinion for what its worth, because if that was even remotely an expectation, then...
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

Xodic said:

This is a wait and see for me. Ubisoft games reuse a lot of system designs and mechanics and just reskin it in a new package. Division 2 became incredibly stale pretty quick and this looks like a mesh between wildlands and the division 2 but somehow worse.

I honestly can't even tell their games apart anymore.

It's actually rather easy: the one which isn't boring and does not have ugly characters - it's Breakpoint. The other one is The Division 2.

Thank you for your time!

• UntamedgunnerUntamedgunner Member UncommonPosts: 56
    For those who enjoyed and or liked hack even loved Wildlands you can’t go wrong with Breakpoint. For myself the gameplay Animations in mechanics feel more realistic, from the how you roll out of the way combat go from prone to feet. The gunplay of course is very similar a bit tighter even. Where he truly shines as with odyssey you can shut off all markers and customize your UI. So if you like to explore I want to find Intel on your own and not have your handheld, You will love breakpoint just for the exploration part of it. And actually the premise of a high tech island that comes under attack is pretty cool and in today’s world with all the billionaires and tech people you could see this island /Archipelago being real
    Samhael