Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreedFall Review - Caught Up In The World - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGreedFall Review - Caught Up In The World - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

GreedFall caught my attention with its setting that isn’t seen very often in games, with its black powder rifles and Magic existing in the same world. The story and choices I’ve made in GreedFall kept me immersed and wanting more, but the combat kept me from 100% enjoying myself. But how does the experience hold up?

Read the full story here

Comments

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

The combat for me is choppy and not that great, you can't sugar coat it.
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    edited September 2019
    Even though this game seem to have a lot of bugs and the DEVS didn't release any patches, this was really one of my favorite games to play this year, I easily put in 50 hours and enjoyed the quest lines and the story. Combat has a little learning curve but becomes much simpler as you level. One thing people seem to get wrong was the pause feature which you really didnt even have to use, I actually enjoyed the pause feature during some boss battles so there wasnt so much mouse mashing..
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Elvoc said:

Even though this game seem to have a lot of bugs and the DEVS didn't release any patches, this was really one of my favorite games to play this year, I easily put in 50 hours and enjoyed the quest lines and the story. Combat has a little learning curve but becomes much simpler as you level. One thing people seem to get wrong was the pause feature which you really didnt even have to use, I actually enjoyed the pause feature during some boss battles so there wasnt so much mouse mashing..

well they say its the same devs from technomancer, so expecting it be bug free is too much to ask.also expect to save in several slots to prevent getting stuck and having to start over because a quest is broken or too cheap
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    @ David Holmes.
    The genre (magic and gunpowder existing side by side) is a niche genre called flintlock fantasy (for obvious reasons) :)

I'm a fan of it too. Check out Brian McClellan "Powder Mage" trilogy, they're some of my favorites of the genre.

thanks for the review!
    jimmywolf

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    I have not finished the game and I like it but at the same time I am baffled by people saying this game is better than the previous Spiders games as I find the skill tree and the combat system to be both utterly inferior to what was there in The Technomancer.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    itchmon said:
    @ David Holmes.
    The genre (magic and gunpowder existing side by side) is a niche genre called flintlock fantasy (for obvious reasons) :)

I'm a fan of it too. Check out Brian McClellan "Powder Mage" trilogy, they're some of my favorites of the genre.

thanks for the review!
    I'm a big fan of the Powder Mage.
  • MrSoulPantsMrSoulPants Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Thanks for the review this is one game I couldn't decide to get it or not
  • Exelon007Exelon007 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    This game is sooo bad -_- IDK who give it so hyped-hight scores?! A lot of bugs, graphics like in 2010 not 2019. Not optimised at all. NPC dialogs is borring and animation of they faces is meh.
    elveoneTaneonAsch126
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

Exelon007 said:

This game is sooo bad -_- IDK who give it so hyped-hight scores?! A lot of bugs, graphics like in 2010 not 2019. Not optimised at all. NPC dialogs is borring and animation of they faces is meh.

This would make a lot more sense to me if you replaced, "This game," with "This show." Does it have good gameplay and is it a fun game? How are the rpg elements? How is chardev and the systems that make the game able to claim its rpg label? Etc. You know - game stuff.

Posts like these make me think of when my wife and I first got married and she didn't like the Patriots because the uniform was ugly.
    PalebaneTokken
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I hate everything about movement and combat in these newer games....thank you consoles. I much rather have first person or behind movement without all the awkward spinning around console controller crap. I want my character oriented where the camera is, period. The sad thing is I bet the next Elder Scrolls starts to adopt this control as well.
    elveoneAsch126foxgirl
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    blamo2000 said:

Exelon007 said:

This would make a lot more sense to me if you replaced, "This game," with "This show." Does it have good gameplay and is it a fun game? How are the rpg elements? How is chardev and the systems that make the game able to claim its rpg label? Etc. You know - game stuff.

Posts like these make me think of when my wife and I first got married and she didn't like the Patriots because the uniform was ugly.
    Now she hates the Patriots for the right reason, right?

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    moshra said:
    blamo2000 said:

Now she hates the Patriots for the right reason, right?

Lol.  She claims to be a fan now.  Like most females she is in love with Brady.  I can tell she doesn't like football, but it at least seems like she enjoys pretending to watch the games with me.  I think most people that live in Mass for any significant length of time end up being fans of our teams, or at least pretending to.  I think more females than males now wear Sox gear.  The pink B is super fashionable.  Even my daughters have a ton and neither of them have watched more than 6 seconds of baseball.  
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Who wants to bet the people crying about bugs are the same people that happily buy Bethesda games day one?
    foxgirl