Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained Stream Provides More Insight Into Launch - MMORPG.com

Comments

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    DMKano said:

Kyleran said:

Albatroes said:

F2Plague said:

Also.. wtf?

"We are not going to show you the graphical improvements cause it doesn't make sense to show you"

but here..

"Look at this stupid invisible Bat Mobile that wont be in game cause we dont' want to destabilize the economy."

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Basically saying you wont be able to see any improvements until you buy the game.. No offense but this looks like the same trash I played 5 years ago.. Furries driving around in Sports cars smh..

The graphical improvements will be applied to the F2P version as well....

I'm more focused on why they are sharing earbuds....

We're talking a very low budget here....

:D

From people who work there and what they say - they are super cheap on everything.
    Cheap is an understatement, they share the mic on it.
  • 123ffxiv123ffxiv Member UncommonPosts: 30
    While all this looks promising, they can't even get all their accepted forms of payment working and as someone has said in previous Archeage Unchained threads, they couldn't even get their servers migrated to a new datacenter cleanly. I really wanted to get in this and play archeage but yeah my hype is dying for the relaunch of this game.
  • truewarlordtruewarlord Member UncommonPosts: 78
    edited September 2019
    Looking at PTS right now, everything seems to be fine, and the P2W seems to be gone for good.

I have NO IDEA what people are complaining here, and honestly it seems they don't have anything to complaim at all. But hey why not say some negative words lacking any kind of context or any logic behind it, am I right?

So Archeage Unchained is a "cash grab" based on what TRION and XL did in the past? Is that so? You guys really have NOTHING to say about the actual game and want to judge Archeage Unchained based on what TRION did in the past? Realy? So Gamigo is being judge based on TRION history? LOOOOL.

Seriously what is the problem with Archeage Unchained? I would love to hear anything better than "OMG the company look so cheap look at the live stream quality"... We're talking about Archeage Unchained here, if you don't have ANYTHING to actualy say about the game and need to look for stupid excuses to be negative... Well it's cristal clear that some people here have 100% biased "opinions".

The truth is, the way that Archeage Unchained is working right now, and the cash shop that we know so far, it's SAFE to say that the game is being VERY fair and is NOT pay to win at any possible level of it. Even the premium "Arche Pass" only offer cosmetics and stuff like that, the best things you gain is in the free "Arche Pass" that everyone have access. Not to mention everything on the cash shop is bound and there is no APEX anymore (Yeah boy, you don't need to farm APEX in other region servers anymore, HURAY!)...

There are streamers showing the game in the test server, you can watch and ask question if you don't want to take my word for it.
    Post edited by truewarlord on
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited September 2019
    People who are betting in favor of Archeage have:

a) Never played it and like gambling on long shots
    b) Are Opie from Family Guy

With that said, DMKano was making all types of excuses for Trino when they were allowing or unable to do anything about the extra grimey P2W garbage on their watch, and seems to be extra critical of the next slumlords who own the property now.

That tells me if Trino was running the show pom poms might be out right now.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • sworchesworche Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited September 2019

Bloodaxes said:

Well, I'm still not liking the ArchePass. Just take a look at this video:

You can buy premium with gold (for now at least), but the rewards offered are quite enticing. Also, there's 4 types of ArchePasses (basic, vocation, equipment and combat) and apparently if you want to finish them all you'd need a premium pass for each one.

In the comments people also where calculating how much time it will take to reach the last tier seeing that each mission gives 150 exp, and it's not fast. I doubt you could finish all 4 in time when there's a limit of 12 missions you can do per day THAT IS SHARED AMONG ALL OF THEM.

idk if this is a troll or what
    basic is being lvled same time as the premium pass,exp aint split
    and the 3 different premium pass,vocation,equipment and combat are same pass,just with 3 different types of quests,so ppl that dislike doing PVE content to get rewards from premium pass have a choice to choose one that can be done with PVP content,or crafting or whatever,or those that dont like PVP content,can do it with PVE content or crafting,etc etc,there is no point in buying all 3 premium passes,if they give cosmetics only,whats the point in having 3 of the same costumes on 1 character Also,it will not be sold for gold,that was just done on PTR it will be removed for full release
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited September 2019
    sworche said:

idk if this is a troll or what
    basic is being lvled same time as the premium pass,exp aint split
    and the 3 different premium pass,vocation,equipment and combat are same pass,just with 3 different types of quests,so ppl that dislike doing PVE content to get rewards from premium pass have a choice to choose one that can be done with PVP content,or crafting or whatever,or those that dont like PVP content,can do it with PVE content or crafting,etc etc,there is no point in buying all 3 premium passes,if they give cosmetics only,whats the point in having 3 of the same costumes on 1 character Also,it will not be sold for gold,that was just done on PTR it will be removed for full release
    As you can clearly see in the video, premium DOES NOT give only cosmetics. You can clearly see potions, stones and whatnot. There's 4 types of passes for a reason, to entice you to get more items before the passes expire. They don't offer the same rewards. What's offered is based on the type of pass you purchase.

Also, I never said the exp is split, I said there's a total of 12 missions you can do per day in total no matter how many passes you have. In addition, if you purchase the premium pass it will only work for one of the types and not for all of them. If you want to level another pass, you need another premium upgrade for that new pass rewards. Simple as that.

[Edit]

People already found ways to exploit the pass with alts:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/db16ca/abuse_of_archepass_to_get_labor/
    Post edited by Bloodaxes on
    Phry[Deleted User]

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Multiple passes seems to be what they plan to make money on after the initial btp fee and by the looks of it it's a rather unique new way of distributing rewards in an MMO that we haven't seen yet. The 12 quests per day can probably either be too few or too many depending on the individual player and may lead to either burnout, fomo or a new successful innovation. It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out. If it ends up being a hit I can see Blizz adding it to modern WoW just with a different name.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited September 2019
    BruceYee said:
    Multiple passes seems to be what they plan to make money on after the initial btp fee and by the looks of it it's a rather unique new way of distributing rewards in an MMO that we haven't seen yet. The 12 quests per day can probably either be too few or too many depending on the individual player and may lead to either burnout, fomo or a new successful innovation. It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out. If it ends up being a hit I can see Blizz adding it to modern WoW just with a different name.
    The basic pass requires 3k exp per tier with a maximum of 45 tiers (135k exp in total). The missions shown on video all rewarded 150 exp each. So a total of 1.8k per day. Meaning it would take you roughly 75 days to complete. 

With that said, people mentioned that the other passes require less experience per tier than the basic one. We shall see I guess.

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    What a bunch of laughing crooks!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,821
    They look like every gamer does when he is playing; grinning, laughing, people passing my local internet café think we are all insane. ;)
    mcrippinsKyleran
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Rhoklaw said:
    Arterius said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Kano isn't demonizing anyone or the game. XL Games demonized AA all on their own, several times over. Yet here we are again, with another iteration of, it's not going to be P2W. All I can say is, going from XL Games and Trion to XL Games and Gamigo, with a cash shop still in existence, just spells disaster no matter how much of a "Fool me once" kind of Bush idiot you may be.

I LOVE ArcheAge. The game truly is a masterpiece, but seriously, if they never add P2W elements into the cash shop, I will be completely and utterly in shock. It's just that we are talking about XL Games and Gamigo here and that's like trusting an ex pedophile to babysit your kid. Good luck with that.
    I too believe that P2W elements will make it into the game. Its the reason why I am waiting. My question is how long are you going to wait before you jump in?

I am waiting for a year. If their are no P2W elements by October of 2020 I will play Archage Unchained 
    I'm not sure how to answer that. I like many others who can't stand P2W know that it all stems with F2P PvP games with cash shops. So, as long as AA has PvP and a cash shop, the difference between F2P and B2P is minimal. Being B2P helps, but not enough. Cash shops are the slippery slope of any PvP game. So as long as that combination exists, I'm not falling for false promises.

No cash shop or bust!
    Sadly if there is one thing that can be said about PVP games with cash shops, is that the playing field, is never level. The term 'Wallet Warriors' didn't come into existence without good reason. :/
    [Deleted User]
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Yup, the candy-coating is heavy on this launch, lol

Gamigo have suddenly become saints that only want to give players maximum value for as low cost as possible !

Let's see how long that lasts... 3 months maybe ?
    [Deleted User]
  • WargasmDotAWargasmDotA Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Noob always complain. Want all ArcheAge item database bound? All I want is new server lul
    alkarionlog
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited September 2019
    Rhoklaw said:
    Noob always complain. Want all ArcheAge item database bound? All I want is new server lul
    Sure, new servers are great, if the game is great. Progression servers have proven to be vital in the longevity of many older MMOs. However, AA being a great game is dwarfed by the greed of XL Games and trading in Trion for Gamigo isn't exactly a step in the right direction. You will have your new server and I predict P2W elements being added in less than 6 months, probably 3. Even if they manage to survive with ArchePass for 6+ months, I still don't trust them not to add P2W at some point. Otherwise, why keep the damn cash shop?
    Err...to sell cosmetic items? Just taking a wild guess here.

;)
    alkarionlogSpottyGekko[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Hopped in the test and wasn't having fun, and honestly thats the only thing I care about at this point: am I having fun?

I'll check up on tests every month or two to see if I have fun in them, hoping that starts again.

Doesn't mean other people won't have fun, but I definitely wonder if it will turn into something I want to play, ever.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Kinda, maybe looking forward to this.  I really enjoyed AA and just gotta figure out if I wanna dive in again.

I self identify as a monkey.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kyleran said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Sure, new servers are great, if the game is great. Progression servers have proven to be vital in the longevity of many older MMOs. However, AA being a great game is dwarfed by the greed of XL Games and trading in Trion for Gamigo isn't exactly a step in the right direction. You will have your new server and I predict P2W elements being added in less than 6 months, probably 3. Even if they manage to survive with ArchePass for 6+ months, I still don't trust them not to add P2W at some point. Otherwise, why keep the damn cash shop?
    Err...to sell cosmetic items? Just taking a wild guess here.

;)
    Sounds like they have already progressed beyond selling 'cosmetic' items, but it won't get any worse than it already is right? :p
    [Deleted User]
  • HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 218
    edited September 2019
    What's the worst case here? That the cash shop goes p2w in 6 months? If that means 6 months of a great sandbox experience for $25 then sign me up.
    Kyleran
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Wizardry said:
    Arche ="in the beginning Age=that era
    So the title states the game is about an age in the beginning yet here we have motorized vehicles...devs just don't think at all about the game they are designing. Yes i know a game is fully understood if it advances the technology but then what,laser swords? If they are now in the mechanical age,nobody would be fighting with shields and swords anymore,it would be advanced guns.
    The beginning of an era, not the beginning of time. 
    Kyleran
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Nyctelios said:
    Go damn it! Just give me pre 1.0 and I'll toss money at you endlessly!!!
    kinda sad isn't? you look at the game and ask when was the best time of this game ever had? alpha phase

when exploring would give you nui coins with could be used to buy a ship, when each mount had a speed and use, when you could make combos without a problem, when crafting was the better way to gear up, when crafters used the market to save labor by buying mats, when archeum drops was common, when dungeons was just a flavor to people who wanted to read the history, or wanted gear to break for mats

funny when it launched nothing was there anymore
    Sovrath
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Never quite understodd what people liked so much about the game to begin with. It seemed pretty generic to me.
    [Deleted User]
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Ffxiv has p2w, wow has p2w, eso has p2w, gw2 has p2w, bdo has p2w.

Each one of them have more p2w in their cashshop now than the new model of archeage.

Yes gamigo has been known for p2w.

But I mean blizzard released diablo 3 with an ingame rmt store, added a game time token to wow that can be sold for ingame gold sells flying mounts, and is focused in mobile games which are all cashshop p2w trash.

SE sells a mount with max movement speed on the cashshop and leveling potions for both you and your npcs in ffxiv.

So why do those companies get a pass when you have to sub and there is p2w and aau which atm has no p2w get crucified?
    alkarionlog[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • WargasmDotAWargasmDotA Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I feel bad on streamers/gamer who always complain about mmos being pay to win. Korea got the best sandbox game, you should be happy they sharing it to you lul
    alkarionlogIselin
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Any info on the gear acquisition/gear upgrade systems?
    Will it be the usual Korean grind to death for the right to roll the dice with a high chance of degrading/breaking the item and a minuscule chance of upgrading-then spend money on items that ease off the madness and idiocy?
    Also hackers.What's up?
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Also,we don't have enough money for extra headsets.But AA will be super fine.
    Most reassuring.