Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained Stream Provides More Insight Into Launch - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge Unchained Stream Provides More Insight Into Launch - MMORPG.com

A new stream for ArcheAge has provided us some juicy new details ahead of its launch, with stream notes to boot!

Read the full story here

Comments

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    That screen cap doe...
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Also.. wtf?

"We are not going to show you the graphical improvements cause it doesn't make sense to show you"
    but here..
    "Look at this stupid invisible Bat Mobile that wont be in game cause we dont' want to destabilize the economy."

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Basically saying you wont be able to see any improvements until you buy the game.. No offense but this looks like the same trash I played 5 years ago.. Furries driving around in Sports cars smh..
    KyleranRellz[Deleted User]JeroKaneScotgastovski1Life2v[Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2019

F2Plague said:

Also.. wtf?

"We are not going to show you the graphical improvements cause it doesn't make sense to show you"

but here..

"Look at this stupid invisible Bat Mobile that wont be in game cause we dont' want to destabilize the economy."

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Basically saying you wont be able to see any improvements until you buy the game.. No offense but this looks like the same trash I played 5 years ago.. Furries driving around in Sports cars smh..

The graphical improvements will be applied to the F2P version as well.... I'm more focused on why they are sharing earbuds....
    KyleranDrDreamRoinNanbinoinfomatzJeroKanePsym0n[Deleted User]
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    2 chars per account, lol

that's one way to raise the player numbers i guess ;)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Albatroes said:

F2Plague said:

Also.. wtf?

but here..

The graphical improvements will be applied to the F2P version as well....

I'm more focused on why they are sharing earbuds....

We're talking a very low budget here....

:D
    NanbinoLife2v

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     If i understood that correctly , all the cosmetics etcc, in cash shop will be bound , thats great news and they said that XL is very much on board with this ..

If the servers can sustain a solid base of players on subs the game will do good for years , Which is good news for AA fans ..

Im looking forward to the new servers..

And keep an eye out here i will be giving away a few copies to the community here leading up to the release
    mcrippinsRexKushmanKyleranWhiskeydustinfomatzScotgastovski1Vexiusxtweedledumb99Life2v
  • larroxxlarroxx Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I am looking forward for the Opening! it looks promising.
    Vexiusxalkarionlog
  • PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 122
    edited September 2019

All the cosmetic items have been bound so far. The shop needs some tweaks but so far it looks like XLgames and Gamigo are coming through on their promise to remove pay to win elements. They still have to demonstrate good server-side performance and the ability to police the game from rampant RMT. For a mere $26 with no need to pay a subscription fee, they've earned a purchase from me. I'm looking forward to launch.

Vexiusx

DMKano said:

Kyleran said:

Albatroes said:

F2Plague said:

Also.. wtf?

but here..

The graphical improvements will be applied to the F2P version as well....

I'm more focused on why they are sharing earbuds....

We're talking a very low budget here....

:D

From people who work there and what they say - they are super cheap on everything.

Yeah, I have been getting the "working from home" vibes from all of this....I wouldn't be surprised if they are getting paid in Apex.
    Roin[Deleted User]
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited September 2019
    Well, I'm still not liking the ArchePass. Just take a look at this video:

You can buy premium with gold (for now at least), but the rewards offered are quite enticing. Also, there's 4 types of ArchePasses (basic, vocation, equipment and combat) and apparently if you want to finish them all you'd need a premium pass for each one.

In the comments people also where calculating how much time it will take to reach the last tier seeing that each mission gives 150 exp, and it's not fast. I doubt you could finish all 4 in time when there's a limit of 12 missions you can do per day THAT IS SHARED AMONG ALL OF THEM.
    [Deleted User]

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    That hot rod car looks soooooooooo wrong, out of place geesh.
    I guess they figure Wow did it so it will work for them too.
    I think it is a ridiculous idea where the idea of combat is based on ancient tools swords,knives yet they have this automobile technology,it looks way out of place.

Sadly people don't care anymore about the lore,integrity of their game,as long as they look cool driving around in something and it sells,then it is added in.I said this before,where do we draw the line,what if there pink flying elephants,is that ok too?Riding snakes a purple garter snake with 3 seats on it so th family can fly through the skies,yeah exactly dumb ideas.
    Kyleranalkarionlog

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:

That hot rod car looks soooooooooo wrong, out of place geesh.

I guess they figure Wow did it so it will work for them too.

I think it is a ridiculous idea where the idea of combat is based on ancient tools swords,knives yet they have this automobile technology,it looks way out of place.

Sadly people don't care anymore about the lore,integrity of their game,as long as they look cool driving around in something and it sells,then it is added in.I said this before,where do we draw the line,what if there pink flying elephants,is that ok too?Riding snakes a purple garter snake with 3 seats on it so th family can fly through the skies,yeah exactly dumb ideas.

You're talking about a car when they added dwarves that can summon mechs.....idk man....
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2019
    Arche ="in the beginning Age=that era
    So the title states the game is about an age in the beginning yet here we have motorized vehicles...devs just don't think at all about the game they are designing. Yes i know a game is fully understood if it advances the technology but then what,laser swords? If they are now in the mechanical age,nobody would be fighting with shields and swords anymore,it would be advanced guns.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    I do not see the problem with archpass.

It is activated with ingame gold for the basic premium. Other premiums cost RL money but those are only rewarding bound costumes more or less.

Despite what people think of the company at least currently in the PTS, there is no p2w items at all in the cashshop and everything is bound.
    KyleranDrDreamgastovski1
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
     This wont even last as long as the pedo game i am playing Astellia 
    cheebaKyleranSpottyGekkogastovski1Xarkotweedledumb99Life2vchocolate42069
  • BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255
    edited September 2019
    Kano you have become one of the most bitter posters on this site.  For someone who asks for their past incorrect claims to be forgotten, you sure do like to demonize others.  

On topic, it’s admirable that a corporation is trying to alter their product to fit the players’ desires.  Their buy in is cheap ($26), and many people are excited to see one of the few virtual world mmorpgs that still exist is getting a shot to do it the right way.  Cynicism and negativity will never lead to something better.  Ask yourself if putting your energy into tearing things down is worth it. 
    gastovski1VexiusxLife2valkarionlog[Deleted User]momintim
  • cheebacheeba Member UncommonPosts: 196
     This wont even last as long as the pedo game i am playing Astellia 

Now that's just delusional.  LMAO
    chocolate42069

---------------
    Tested over a 115+ games since 1997.

Currently Playing:

Played(Retired): AOL NWN(91-95), UO, EQ1/2, DAoC, CoX, Lineage1/2, SWG(Pre CU/NGE), Planetside, Anarchy Online, FFXI, AC, Vanguard, D&D, AoC, DCUO, Rift, Eve, others

• krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    im going to be a sucker and give it a go mainly due to nothing else coming out and if they truly do make it a level playing field were the amount of cash you are willing to waste on digital shit has no bearing on the strength of your character then it will be way more popular than current archage. but with how archage has screwed people over so many times already with the pay to win shit people might just skip this as another cash grab.

mcrippins said:

DMKano said:

I see lots of noobs ArcheAge hater here lul

I see a failed attempt at making a coherent sentence

Did you miss a comma between noobs and ArcheAge?

I see lots of noobs, ArcheAge hater here, lol - that would make sense

You literally bring nothing to the table here. All you do is talk crap about the game and the companies that run it. I genuinely don't understand why you care if this game no longer holds an interest for you. Why would a person who has no interest in a game go to a forum and constantly bash it? Is it simply to up your post count? I think you've done enough brother. Time to move on.

--------------------

Thankfully they confirmed that these costume items are now Bound! That is great news for us, and hopefully they will continue on this course.

This way of thinking is exactly why the market is where it is. You seem to think that Kano or anyone else who criticizes a scam are honestly doing it because there's always something 'in it for them' (and there are some who do that). There does exist a breed of people that do want to educate the mis-informed or the 'easily' swayed about companies that they may not have heard of. Gamigo honestly isn't a big name in the western market, mainly because a lot of people dont realize that a lot of games utilize different names as the publisher even though they are actually owned by Gamigo (Aeria comes to mind). I know helping people do homework before they waste their money and time is strange but we also live in a world where people supposedly need to have game companies to tell them that they are spending too much money and kids who can somehow drain the accounts of parents. Both things are quite stupid if you ask me but hey....
    [Deleted User]cheebaKyleranBorlucLife2valkarionlogdoomexmomintim
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited September 2019
    If they honored the $150 I dropped on the original (bought based on alpha/beta being awesome) I would try it, but f*** them if they think I am going to pay for the same game again after their last bait and switch.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]ChildoftheShadowsmomintim
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    DMKano said:
    mcrippins said:

DMKano said:

You literally bring nothing to the table here. All you do is talk crap about the game and the companies that run it. I genuinely don't understand why you care if this game no longer holds an interest for you. Why would a person who has no interest in a game go to a forum and constantly bash it? Is it simply to up your post count? I think you've done enough brother. Time to move on.
    --------------------
    Thankfully they confirmed that these costume items are now Bound! That is great news for us, and hopefully they will continue on this course.

You have thieves in your pocket and yet again and you are handing them your wallet. 

I am here mostly for the /smh factor at this point
    Well technically I haven't given them money yet, but I do plan to at some point, assuming they hold up their end. To the point of another poster in this thread.. I would have absolutely no issue with someone 'educating' the public on their experience. That's not really what's happening here. There are plenty of ways to do that without attacking other posters and a new publisher. It's obvious that XL is aiming for a shot at redemption here, and we should give them a chance to some extent. Those who played and loved the AA beta / launch before the release of the cash shop may finally get to play the game they've wanted for a lot of years. So yes.. proceed with caution. Here's to hoping we all get what we want.
    truewarlorddoomexScorchien
  • cheebacheeba Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Albatroes said:

mcrippins said:

DMKano said:

--------------------

This way of thinking is exactly why the market is where it is. You seem to think that Kano or anyone else who criticizes a scam are honestly doing it because there's always something 'in it for them' (and there are some who do that). There does exist a breed of people that do want to educate the mis-informed or the 'easily' swayed about companies that they may not have heard of. Gamigo honestly isn't a big name in the western market, mainly because a lot of people dont realize that a lot of games utilize different names as the publisher even though they are actually owned by Gamigo (Aeria comes to mind). I know helping people do homework before they waste their money and time is strange but we also live in a world where people supposedly need to have game companies to tell them that they are spending too much money and kids who can somehow drain the accounts of parents. Both things are quite stupid if you ask me but hey....

This is just delusional.  Has nothing to do with where we are with MMOs.  DM and others are just being petty now.  Its pretty ridiculous.  We've all heard the crap there spewing hundreds of times by now.  There hardly swaying anyone. 
    mcrippins

---------------
    Tested over a 115+ games since 1997.

Currently Playing:

Played(Retired): AOL NWN(91-95), UO, EQ1/2, DAoC, CoX, Lineage1/2, SWG(Pre CU/NGE), Planetside, Anarchy Online, FFXI, AC, Vanguard, D&D, AoC, DCUO, Rift, Eve, others

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    I could actually take DMKano seriously if I didn't know how he blindly defended every single shit and tried to come up with excuses for all the stupid decisions by Trion before they were bought out by Gamigo. Now he is trying to bash them as hard as he can because well they are not Trion anymore. He even defended that shitty game called Devilian just because Trion took the publishing rights for the west :lol:. I don't care about Archeage or Gamigo. I don't like this game to start with but it's just so funny to watch him acting like a little kid whose toys taken by someone else...
    BruceYeeTacticalZombeh
  • KitsunamiKitsunami Member UncommonPosts: 101
    I want to believe them. I really want to. But, they already did two relaunches with the same promise of no pay to win etc and both times they broke it and sold game balance breaking stuff in the cash shop.
    momintim
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    That was awkward sauce to watch.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter