Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMITE Teases

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageSMITE Teases

In a rather short but cryptic post, it looks like the SMITE team are teasing the "Butcher".

Read the full story here

Comments

• darkbalthdarkbalth Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Probably an Osiris skin for Halloween
    Gorwe
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Horrible game. Super surprised they haven't cut the service.
    nomadie
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310

Nanbino said:

that's some nice shllsht your talking mate. Smite is one of the few moba's alive that is actually fun.
    cheeba
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    I play this game because its fun, but i must say that graphic is bad and rarely servers are crazy (ping over 150).
  • KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Nanbino said:

I am not a fan of smite, but I have some friends who are and they are fanatical about it. I tried playing with them and what I found is the smite community is VERY passionate about the game, in a lot of ways similar to how the Path of Exile community are.

They hold the developer accountable when they make mistakes, but they have an awful lot of good will for them and the game.

You will be surprised how far a dedicated community with a lot of good will can take a game that isnt built entirely on the American "Grow or die" economic fallacy.

Smite will never overtake LoL, Dota, Forknife or Apex for Arena based pvp but it does not want to, it has its audience, the churn is high enough to make a profit and they are happy with that.

And anyone who was around for Hi-Rez's previous efforts at games knows their track history, they back their products until they are no longer financially viable, but they are a smaller studio who can not maintain several massive scale projects at once.

So I wouldn't worry too much about smites future, not just yet anyway, it is simply maturing in a genre that has reached maturity rather than growth.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    I'd bet on it being Jack the Ripper.