Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man's Sky Experimental Patch Includes 21:9 Support, More Fixes - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNo Man's Sky Experimental Patch Includes 21:9 Support, More Fixes - MMORPG.com

A new patch has released for No Man's Sky on the Steam experimental branch bringing with it 21:9 support and additional fixes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    We were lead to believe that companies just needed to have paid DLC and lootboxes to keep working on a game. Yet these guys keep trucking away.

Good for them.
    IceAgeDryxaline[Deleted User]MendelfoppoteeNyghthowlerrojoArcueidwingood[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    NMS is (still) in my daily rotation, despite wishing HG would reconsider their entire wiring scheme.  It reminds me more of an 1890s solution than a futuristic solution.

[Deleted User]foppotee

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    SlyLoK said:
    We were lead to believe that companies just needed to have paid DLC and lootboxes to keep working on a game. Yet these guys keep trucking away.

Good for them.
    I can only assume the mass purchase at the beginning, and subsequent purchases after reviews gt better, are the only reason. I can't say anything about AAA studios and their monetary tactics, but most indie games have far less incoming revenue to sustain just from box purchases alone especially when they typically go free to play to try to entice people to try them out.

Still, even with the purchases they've had I'm curious how they manage to keep it going without extra income. I can only assume their server costs are extremely low.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

SlyLoK said:

Good for them.

I can only assume the mass purchase at the beginning, and subsequent purchases after reviews gt better, are the only reason. I can't say anything about AAA studios and their monetary tactics, but most indie games have far less incoming revenue to sustain just from box purchases alone especially when they typically go free to play to try to entice people to try them out.

Still, even with the purchases they've had I'm curious how they manage to keep it going without extra income. I can only assume their server costs are extremely low.

..that and good management of their funds and company I would say!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Launch was pathetically BORKED; there's no denying that. But HG has worked their asses off making things better with each update as well as patching bugs as quickly as possible. And they don't charge a single cent beyond the purchase price....

I can't think of another studio that has worked as hard to make things right with the player base.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited September 2019
    I still think the game is boring though. While the updates were good, wish they added some depth in gameplay. To me it plays like a gathering and inventory logistics game. In a nice looking setting.
    I also see no point in building a base, because your ship offers the same protection. Building a spacestation would have made more sense.

Vanilla Minecraft seems better thought out then NMS imo.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i need to buy this game soon. People working hard to make their games better deserve to sell their games.