Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New star citizen video details Alpha 3.7, mission sharing and ship rentals - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew star citizen video details Alpha 3.7, mission sharing and ship rentals - MMORPG.com

The latest Star Citizen video outlines what's new in Alpha 3.7, along with mission sharing and ship rental.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MissingSignalMissingSignal Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Game looked cool when it was announced years and years ago. I don't mean to be pessimistic but it seems like its un-optimized even when the graphics are no longer up to today's expectations, at least for the first person content.
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Just stop this madness
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Game looked cool when it was announced years and years ago. I don't mean to be pessimistic but it seems like its un-optimized even when the graphics are no longer up to today's expectations, at least for the first person content.
    No offense but shows how little you know about this games graphics bar.  Only the fastest rigs are going to be able to run this game in all its glory and decent frames, there hasn't been a game in the last 10 years that has pushed the boundaries of computer hardware.  Everything these days is built around the hardware limitations of the latest console build, everything.  Nothing has even come close to pushing the limits of the fastest available hardware in almost a decade, this game will do it.  Just like the good old days when software developers pushed hardware, today no one pushes hardware. Hardware manufactures have had to sell features not frames to keep boxes moving.  I havent had to upgrade my computer in 4 years because I can run basically any game out there at 70 plus Frames per second.  The industry is stagnant.

There'g going to be allot of QQ when this game releases and only a hand full of people prepared with the proper hardware. 
    Asm0deusJoeBloberJeroKaneTofkeWalkinGlenninfomatz
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

You probably missed the fact game is 4K native and the thousands of in game screen capture that demonstrate the toal opposite... You can even zoom in eyes and see vascular dilatation. Avatar creation does not reflect the in game textures.

Just stop this madness

It will. Squadron 42 (Solo) with Beta in 4 quarters and Star Citizen (MMO) receiving all SQ42 assets at release + at least 6 patch in between adding close to all gameplay (salvage,medic, repair,transportr, exploration).
    mmolouIceAgeinfomatz
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    goboygo said:
    No offense but shows how little you know about this games graphics bar.  Only the fastest rigs are going to be able to run this game in all its glory and decent frames, there hasn't been a game in the last 10 years that has pushed the boundaries of computer hardware.  Everything these days is built around the hardware limitations of the latest console build, everything.  Nothing has even come close to pushing the limits of the fastest available hardware in almost a decade, this game will do it.  Just like the good old days when software developers pushed hardware, today no one pushes hardware. Hardware manufactures have had to sell features not frames to keep boxes moving.  I havent had to upgrade my computer in 4 years because I can run basically any game out there at 70 plus Frames per second.  The industry is stagnant.

There'g going to be allot of QQ when this game releases and only a hand full of people prepared with the proper hardware. 
    Not running well even on the "best rigs" can also mean a game is un-optimized, like MissingSignal said. Considering the game is still in alpha, I'd say that's not unrealistic.
    ShadowStyleBFreelancerNDMissingSignalinfomatz
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    JoeBlober said:

You probably missed the fact game is 4K native and the thousands of in game screen capture that demonstrate the toal opposite... You can even zoom in eyes and see vascular dilatation. Avatar creation does not reflect the in game textures.
    LMAO this i why it will never get completed. people talking about seeing veins in the eyes yet its about 25% of a 'game' with 250+ million spent on it.

Who gives a shit what it looks like if you cant play it and it doesnt have half the features they have already taken money for?
    SeelinnikoiMissingSignalEldrach
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    cu in 2050
    SeelinnikoiAgent_Joseph
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    So Alpha 3.7, that's the 37th iteration of Alpha? Gawd it does make you wonder how many iterations of Beta we are going to have before it actually launches. Best really that I don't read these sorts of threads as I just get despondent. :)
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    same crap week after week
    gunklackerSeelinnikoiWalkinGlenn

rodarin said:

JoeBlober said:

LMAO this i why it will never get completed. people talking about seeing veins in the eyes yet its about 25% of a 'game' with 250+ million spent on it.

Who gives a shit what it looks like if you cant play it and it doesnt have half the features they have already taken money for?

Priority is to deliver Squadon 42. Let say that roughly 80% of resources are used for this goal (which is by the way the very initial pitch of the kickstarter) while using SC like a test bed of both SQ42 + SC gameplay.
    234M$ so far which is lower than publishers who spend60M$ to delver a triple-A using re-skinned of past games and spending hundred's M$ to create the company, pipelines and hire thousands of Devs.

There is no magic involved. Starting from scratch require same amount of money... except CIG do use all $ for game development while Publishers use 1$ for games and 3$ to shareholders... Don't look further why CIG do receive such support. Fallout 76 syndrome anyone?

SQ42 Beta in 4 quarters and SC getting all SQ42 assets at release. Saying never is equalo scam... wors tscam ever :)
    Mensur

Scot said:

So Alpha 3.7, that's the 37th iteration of Alpha? Gawd it does make you wonder how many iterations of Beta we are going to have before it actually launches. Best really that I don't read these sorts of threads as I just get despondent. :)

Are you trying to look high on purposes? Game in development receiving quarterly patch... that really new right?
    The crowdfunding model imply backers can participate to game creation b playing /testing every single patch way before any others developers.
    If you dont like to get news about game progress... any of them... just skip it Lol

Remali said:

cu in 2050

Yes we know... like it was "collpase 90 days top for sure!" Back in 2015. Meanwhile SQ42 Beta is in 4 quarters. 2020 not 2050 :)
    WalkinGlenn
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    I just want more ships..dont want the game..just ships I can spend my retirement money on!
    ShadowStyleBXarkoinfomatz

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Am actually very happy, i pledged, after few months i got full refund :)

ps: Fck this game!
    ShadowStyleBgastovski1Pher0ciousFreelancerNDinfomatzMensur
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    2020 here we come @--@ i don't understand how people can still defend the game so much, i guess those few hundreds /thousands of dollars they invested in it makes them super biased.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I just came to read the comments.
    Jamar870JoeBlober[Deleted User]XarkoCazrielAgent_JosephinfomatzMensur
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

hyllyh said:

same crap week after week

Same haters weeks after weeks :)

Mensur said:

I just want more ships..dont want the game..just ships I can spend my retirement money on!

Currently 140 ships. More than two third are already flyanble or available in upcoming patch.... Most are available through Credits in game.
    edited September 2019

aivarioha said:

I played this game during free fly event. It's a controversial project. The only way I am getting it is if I win a giveaway and get in for free. I would feel bad personally supporting it seeing as it's basically one big scam going on for years and barely holding on promises.

Worst scam ever... +500 devs working hard to deliver quarterly patch, SQ42 beta in 4quarters. Your scam definition is factually wrong :)
    Post edited by JoeBlober on

rensta said:

2020 here we come @--@ i don't understand how people can still defend the game so much, i guess those few hundreds /thousands of dollars they invested in it makes them super biased.

... whales are a very samll fraction of the 1.2 million individual backers. A starter package is 35/45$ and nothing else is needed. Some Orgs counting more than 10.000 members.

If you don't understand it is because you don't care about reality of facts and stick with those naysayers cliché proven false quarter after quarter.
    mmolou
  • Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Are they paving the way for new things to sell, $100 hair cuts - $1000 eyes? Gotta keep that money train running :P
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    While I don't like SC management much, they've always stressed that the game would push the envelope on available hardware.  Can't hold that against them; actually it's a plus in my book.  

Also thought their character creation was pretty cool.  Are the changes to that significant?

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I agree that it looks good. But looking at where AAA graphics are going, it is actually looking dated to me. Visually, it looks great though. It's like looking at a Call of Duty game from 3 years ago which does look great. For more clarity, SC lookes more like the first picture than the second.

Call of Duty 2016

Call of Duty 2019

SC 2019

PhryBabuinixNorseGod
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Just stop this madness
    Please no! At this point, after so many years of laughing at SC, it's literally part of my weekly gaming experience. What will I ever do if this game's cancelled or, god forbid, actually comes out?!
    Phrynewbismx