Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Classic ( EU ) Servers, After First Month ..

IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
edited September 2019 in World of Warcraft

For German, French, Spanish and Russia : https://imgur.com/a/XEFEUfg

That's pretty impressive after the first "honey" month. 

On other News, seems Blizzard is interested about when do players think Phase 2 should release : https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/please-dont-put-phase-2-to-early/89338/62

So, do you still play Classic?

PS: Taken like 15 mins ago and so, I believe this were even more ..full 2 hours ago ( prime time for EU ).

EDIT: Well, anyone can check in real-time the status of servers, both EU/US and even Korean and Taiwan  - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status/classic-eu -

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Post edited by IceAge on
Viper482

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Yes, its actually better than I recalled, I think because of all the crap that's been released over the last decade.  It amazes me how they got so many things right the first time and so long ago. Classic is more complete than any game since, no one has been able to get even close.
    IceAgevtraviViper482
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    It's doing good, but a lot of people are coming back to BFA now.
    PhryNephethViper482CelciusAmystia
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I play once a week for raid, sometimes twice for ony lockouts. Will play more when content is added.
    Thane
  • AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    We need a lot more Realms to distribute players across so Blizzard can get rid of the horrible layering. This is World of WarCraft not Worlds of WarCraft. Enough with the parallel dimensions already. What’s the point of defending Orgrimmar when the Orgrimmar Alliance is attacking is hidden in a pocket dimension?
    [Deleted User]Viper482bcbully
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    It is heartening to see how well this release of an old WoW has been. In more ways then one can imagine this has perhaps opened the eyes of other developers and made them realise exactly what was missing in the later games and why they have failed.
    IceAgeAxxarViper482Celcius
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    edited September 2019
    cheyane said:
    It is heartening to see how well this release of an old WoW has been. In more ways then one can imagine this has perhaps opened the eyes of other developers and made them realise exactly what was missing in the later games and why they have failed.
    Some developers have even said as much, but I don't believe it. Classic would have to outsell current WoW for them to take a new direction. What is going to happen is that they will just continue to sell both products to the different demographics who like them.

Hey more importantly have you just changed your avatar, such a nuisance, I hate having to get used to new ones? Try to stick with that one. :D
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited September 2019
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:
    Some developers have even said as much, but I don't believe it. Classic would have to outsell current WoW for them to take a new direction. What is going to happen is that they will just continue to sell both products to the different demographics who like them.

Hey more importantly have you just changed your avatar, such a nuisance, I hate having to get used to new ones? Try to stick with that one. :D
    Changed it because I am playing Classic WoW and that is my Orc Warlock. I had the Fallen Earth one before but as you might know that game is shutting down.
    Scot
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

More people logged into Classic in first month than into BFA
    cheyaneAxxarViper482Scot
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Scorchien said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:

More people logged into Classic in first month than into BFA
    BfA is pretty dead since several months ago, and only saw some spikes when they released main..Patches. 

And I strongly believe that Classic has more Active players then BfA at this moment, even after the first month.

We shall see if Blizzard has learned something with the fail of BfA, at this year Blizzcon, when they will announce the next expansion. IF the next x-pac will be a failure like BfA, then .. people were right. The only thing who can kill WoW is...WoW ( Classic ).
    AxxarHermod

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    DMKano said:
    OP this is not at all in line what population tracking sites reporting - like icy veins:

Look at their report from Sep 19th:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/45838-wow-classic-population-report-september-19th/

"It looks like the population of WoW Classic realms is decreasing, as players stop playing the game before hitting max level. Many servers saw a decrease in population in all regions. Free Character Moves have just been announced to help with the situation."

So I think your point in time single data point is not really showing the true picture at al..

IMO - if you are going to show trends - at least use sites that actually track population trends on a daily basis and do weekly reports since launch - so that you can get an accurate picture.
    Lololol yeah there's CLEARLY no bias in their data gathering when they state outright false things like the transfers being about low population.  They were given out because of the exact opposite reason.  They also added additional servers which are the less populated ones.  

The fact that these servers are still this populated is a big deal.  Especially for all the people who claimed that "nobody wants classic".  "There's only 15 out of 20 full servers, DeAd gAmE".  Meanwhile the population of WoW classic still trumps most games released in the last 10 years.  
    AxxarViper482Kyleran
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I think a lot of you are continuing to underestimate just how much of the Classic population is totally independent from the BfA pop.

I'm sure Classic has some players who were actively playing BfA in August and switched over to Classic for most or all of their WOW time but the vast majority is players who were not playing BfA and haven't played WOW for a while if ever.

I don't have hard numbers but then neither do any of you. All you have is hints that you're interpreting to suit your bias - screen shots, twitch numbers, Classic addon downloads, etc. Me? I'm basing mine from in game chat and WOW Classic reddit posts both of which lead me to believe that the Classic population is very separate and distinct from the BfA pop.

Kyleranbcbully
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited September 2019
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    OP this is not at all in line what population tracking sites reporting - like icy veins:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/45838-wow-classic-population-report-september-19th/

"It looks like the population of WoW Classic realms is decreasing, as players stop playing the game before hitting max level. Many servers saw a decrease in population in all regions. Free Character Moves have just been announced to help with the situation."

So I think your point in time single data point is not really showing the true picture at al..

IMO - if you are going to show trends - at least use sites that actually track population trends on a daily basis and do weekly reports since launch - so that you can get an accurate picture.
    Lololol yeah there's CLEARLY no bias in their data gathering when they state outright false things like the transfers being about low population.  They were given out because of the exact opposite reason.  They also added additional servers which are the less populated ones.  

The fact that these servers are still this populated is a big deal.  Especially for all the people who claimed that "nobody wants classic".  "There's only 15 out of 20 full servers, DeAd gAmE".  Meanwhile the population of WoW classic still trumps most games released in the last 10 years.  

So icy-veins is biased against WoW.... how?

and more importantly why?

You do realize is that the entire site is built on and around wow - they survive because of WoW - why would they be conspiring against the game that's keeping them alive?

hello?
    You tell me.  Why are they outright lying about server transfers?  

Edit: Nevermind, I misread it.  In either case though, you still ignore the main point...WoW classic is more successful than most games released in the last 10 years, even with the usual dropoff.
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    OhhPaigey said:
    It's doing good, but a lot of people are coming back to BFA now.
    Source?
    Axxar
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    edited September 2019
    I think those that stopped before hitting the level cap maybe waiting for phase 2 content drop. Also for some like warlock and paladin, your high end mount is locked behind phase 2 content if I understand from what's been said in ingame chat.
    edited September 2019
    DMKano said:

Thanks for reporting. That's from 19' September which before then we saw a Free character transfer and another one which happened on 20 September.

Based on this and my yesterday screen's , can we safely say that .. WoW Classic actually got more players? I mean, if we compare the ones from 19th with mine from 28th ( which btw, we are not in the "honey" month anymore ) , there seems to clearly be more packed servers, right? :)

But ..let's leave that be. 

Now, why don't you explain to me, how we should of seen massive drops in players in the first 2-3 weeks, or after the first month, which ... didn't happen?

Why didn't that happened, Kano? 

In before : "..it will in few months from now" , I personally know it will. Anything..else?
    Viper482Axxar

edited September 2019
    DMKano said:
    IceAge said:

And I strongly believe that Classic has more Active players then BfA at this moment, even after the first month.

Strong belief doesn't mean it's remotely true.

There are people who strongly believe that the earth is flat - and they couldn't be more wrong.

So in this case - without actual hard data - strong belief means nothing.
    You .. mean I did ..exactly what you did ( ..or you keep doing it ) ?

At least I said "And I strongly believe .. " and didn't come up with "twitch numbers" ( lol ) to prove my point.

DMKano said:
    hehe
    Sorry , I didn't read all your rant as soon as I saw "twitch numbers" again lol.

I just show you real data, not belief . Screen shots made by me and not some website. That's first hand proof right there, after the first month. 

Why I keep saying "..after the first month" you ask? Well .. I know someone with a crystal ball, who told me that if not after 2-3 weeks, then surely after first month, we will see a big drop in subs. 

Care to show him my screen shots ? :)

Thanks!
    bcbully

edited September 2019
    DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    DMKano said:
    hehe
    Sorry , I didn't read all your rant as soon as I saw "twitch numbers" again lol.

I just show you real data, not belief . Screen shots made by me and not some website. That's first hand proof right there, after the first month. 

Why I keep saying "..after the first month" you ask? Well .. I know someone with a crystal ball, who told me that if not after 2-3 weeks, then surely after first month, we will see a big drop in subs. 

Care to show him my screen shots ? :)

Thanks!

Single data point - one screenshot taken by you

vs

Multiple data points - taken at multiple times during each day for all servers since WoW classic launch

Which one shows a clearer picture?

Please....
    First, that's from 9 days ago.

Secondly .. let me log off and take another screen today ..

Ok, here you go :

Can we say "multiple data points" now?

PS: Basically, just took those, like .. 1 min ago!

Axxar

DMKano said:
    lol

Lets wait for the icy veins report for last week and see whats up

If the numbers are going up - it will show that as well.
    Wait wait! Don't .. turn this around. :) The thing I said about "numbers going up" was sarcastic. 

But I love just how much you keep ignoring first hand proof's. I mean, do you think I "photoshopped" this? 

Nevertheless, I just want to say that you were wrong. That's..really all it matters! Whatever happens from now on with Classic, doesn't matter, Kano! :) It could be empty servers tomorrow, and it would still don't matter. 

Anyway , back on ..topic, do you still play Classic?
    Axxar

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Damn, it appears to be dropping MUCH slower than I expected.
    IceAgeAxxar
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    edited September 2019
    DMKano said:

Trying to understand this....so when I log in last night and half the realms are full, most of the rest are high, and a few medium low.....what am I seeing? Are these screens you are showing at peak hours or are you choosing the screenshot when they are low activity times of the day? 

Even then....who the hell cares other than you? The population will always decrease slowly after ANY release of ANY game. So what? The servers are still packed much more than YOU would have ever predicted. No chance DMKano is wrong about anything tho….right?
    IceAgemmolouAxxar
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    Viper482 said:
    Even then....who the hell cares other than you? The population will always decrease slowly after ANY release of ANY game. So what? The servers are still packed much more than YOU would have ever predicted. No chance DMKano is wrong about anything tho….right?

Not to black knight too much here but that's just not true. I know FFXIV had at least a year or two of steady growth post launch although i think it's going back down now. 

as for who cares about the population of the servers? Ummm... that was the whole point of the thread. Personally I'm having a blast in classic, but i do expect my play-time to decrease once I hit 60 and start raiding... I mean, there's just not that much content with only 2 raids and no Bg's. Still, I'd much rather play Classic than retail. 
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    The usual suspects that don't play wow coming to a wow thread to be negative. We get it you don't like wow. 
    NephethIceAgeAxxar
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    DMKano? LUL he is like Greta but he is fighting for making classic to look as bad as possible with as low population as possible on as quick decline as possible, what a god...only difference would be Greta got scripts DMKano not :)
    Xodic said:
    Because I have nothing else to do, I compared @IceAge screenshots with that Icy-Veins data.

Server name/Icy-Vein server status/IceAge server status/+ or - population ranking

Ashbringer F                                  F                                  0
    Bloodfang M M 0
    Dragonfang L M 1
    Dreadmist H H 0
    Firemaw F F 0
    Flamelash H H 0
    Gandling H H 0
    Gehennas F F 0
    Golemagg F F 0
    Hydraxian Waterlords M M 0
    Judgement L M 1
    Mirage Raceway H H 0
    Mograine F F 0
    Nethergarde Keep H H 0
    Noggenfogger H F 1
    Pyrewood Village H F 1
    Razorgore H F 1
    Shazzrah F F 0
    Skullflame H H 0
    Stonespine H H 0
    Ten Storms M H 1
    Zandalar Tribe H H 0

Total +6

Oh look, growth :D