Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Class/Spec These Days

NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
What seems to be the best class/spec for the following activities:

Solo PVE -

Solo PVP -

Group PVE - 

Group PVP -
To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Here. I'll make it easy for you:

https://alcasthq.com/

NorseGod
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    No class is weak to not play. The strongest class will shift from patch to patch. The next major update is doing a class skill rework. It's all going to change.
    NorseGodOctagon7711
  • Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    This monday will add the class rework to the public test server. So the official forums PTS sub forum will have patch notes showing class changes!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Depends on what you want in a class roll. Templars do seem OP, same build they can tank/dps or heal/dps very well. Their burst healing make them a popular choice. Even as a DPS or Tank having some burst healing is awesome.

Necro is just OP at everything and ZM says instead of balancing them down, they will be looking at giving classes better identity. Scor and Wardens and one other class is getting reworked first. 

Seems class skills only put in about 20% of the build balance. So picking a class has mostly to do with a few class skills and your flavor style. I say play what ya like. This is by far the best MMO out right now and as much as a bunch of the game needs work, more than most MMOs that have been out this long, it's still the most fun I have had since I started MMOing.

Thing is once you level your first char, that taking the longest. Get to champion 160 and you will have enough gold to by training gear to level a second class in a few days, some people a few hours. And that second class will have your champion points. Really fair system to make along easy. Less talk more playing with this one. 
    Catibrie
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited September 2019
    Nanfoodle said:

Seems class skills only put in about 20% of the build balance. So picking a class has mostly to do with a few class skills and your flavor style. 

You're low balling class skills a bit too much. It varies a bit depending on build purpose (magicka/stamina DPS, healer, tank) but out of the 12 skills you use including the ultimates most players will have 4-6 class skills slotted.

If you play a class that was originally designed for the purpose of your build (e.g. Templar healer, DK tank, etc.) you'll tend to use more class skills and if you're forcing it (e.g. DK healer) less.

But a lot of it is personal taste, where you are in the leveling curve and most importantly, what kind of activity you're focusing on. Questing, dungeons and trials, Maelstrom Arena and PVP all require very different builds that may use less or more class skills.
    Octagon7711
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    For ESO..

Choose the class that looks and feels best to you..
    and stick with it..

you can virtually build anything with every class..

some exceptions?

i wouldn’t choose a Dragon knight, if i would want to heal..

and i would choose a class like DarkElf or Kajiit that supports both Magica and Sta..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)