Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth Content Update Goes Live Tomorrow, September 24 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth Content Update Goes Live Tomorrow, September 24 - MMORPG.com

This is a friendly reminder that the latest WoW patch for Battle for Azeroth goes live tomorrow, September 24, bringing with it update Worgen models, the Honeback Harvester mount, and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    These are some nice changes to help people play with their lower level friends or higher level friends.

I have to wonder how populated the servers are with classic around, and the population evening out.
  • nfacatriusnfacatrius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Only waiting for 4-5 min as a dps for a lvling dungeon (classic que) currently. So i'd say it did not take a hard hit tho.
    Panther2103Folmen
  • richghettorichghetto Newbie CommonPosts: 3

Only waiting for 4-5 min as a dps for a lvling dungeon (classic que) currently. So i'd say it did not take a hard hit tho.

The reason queues were so bad before were because the ratio of DPS to tanks was so bad that DPS had to wait to finally get a tank. The fact that dungeon queues are much shorter now basically means there are a lot less DPS playing the game and thus the ratio between tanks/healers/dps is much better now.
    gervaise1Folmen
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Maybe in the US. Here in Europe BFA Retail server queues are absolutely horrible.

In weekdays I have an hour wait time average for dungeon queues and at least half hour queue times this weekend.
    Folmen
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

JeroKane said:

Maybe in the US. Here in Europe BFA Retail server queues are absolutely horrible.

In weekdays I have an hour wait time average for dungeon queues and at least half hour queue times this weekend.

That's crazy. I think on my server even back when BFA launched and the pop was pretty good I had like 15 to 20 min queues as a DPS. But I'm pretty sure that was because of what richghetto said, a lack of tanks and healers compared to a giant pool of dps.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

JeroKane said:

That's crazy. I think on my server even back when BFA launched and the pop was pretty good I had like 15 to 20 min queues as a DPS. But I'm pretty sure that was because of what richghetto said, a lack of tanks and healers compared to a giant pool of dps.
    At least it´s still better than FFXIV, where I litterally rerolled and just went with a Tank class. Since it was just impossible to play as DPS class, since you are forced to go through dungeons to progress.  Queue times for DPS in this game were just absolutely horrible. I was sitting whole nights in a queue without the dungeon ever popping for me... wasting entire nights unable to progress in the game!

In later years, the queues improved a bit due to introduction of Dungeon roulettes, but still too long for my liking.

But either way..... WoW Classic definitely has a noticable impact on WoW Retail at the moment and time will tell how long this is going to last.
    They might have to end up merging server groups together if WoW Classic´s sucess continues.
    Phry
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Classic WoW is an opportunity for Activision to 'fix' Retail WoW, compressing the levels to a max of level 60 is probably a step in the right direction, but the biggest one is that they have to 'fix' open world gameplay, that and Classes, one of the things that works really well in Classic is the skill trees, that and not limiting Classes to specific weapons, Weapons trainers, skill in weapon types being a thing, Classic is a more complex game than Retail, and it shows. :/