Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ship Rental Prices - Evocati Leak

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    It is the most P2W. You can literally buy in game currency, the best ships and land. I won't be surprised when they announce things that fit to hardpoints are in the shop. Certainly there will be cosmetics on top of everything else.
    Tillerrpmcmurphy
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    It is the most P2W. You can literally buy in game currency, the best ships and land. I won't be surprised when they announce things that fit to hardpoints are in the shop. Certainly there will be cosmetics on top of everything else.
    Weapon skins probably. $50 for a missile skin , $70 to have a immersion breaking rainbow color change disco laser beam, $10 for a character mustache, I can see it now.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:
    I play the game almost every day and don't feel that it's pay2win so no point in screeching saying how I'm wrong from posters who don't even play the game. :smile:
    Way to ignore the entire point of my post but that’s to be expected of you I guess
    rpmcmurphy
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Babuinix said:
    Jeez I dunno why you got so rattled because I pointed out that discussing something based on incomplete and inaccurate data is bound to be incorrect.
    By that logic...  The game is incomplete and has lots of data which will change so we should just mothball all conversation about it right?

rpmcmurphy

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Is it time to put Star Citizen in the same category as politics and religion? People definitely get their feathers ruffled over it.
    rpmcmurphy
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Is it time to put Star Citizen in the same category as politics and religion? People definitely get their feathers ruffled over it.
    It reached the same category as politics and religion a long time ago.

...oh, you meant in terms of this forums' rules and policies.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I agree, That would make it so it wouldn't be allowed to be discussed here and any mention would result in warning. :D 
    rpmcmurphy
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Tiller said:
    Weapon skins probably. $50 for a missile skin , $70 to have a immersion breaking rainbow color change disco laser beam, $10 for a character mustache, I can see it now.
    $50 says all of this is offered for sale before the beta launches.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2019
    Tiller said:
    I agree, That would make it so it wouldn't be allowed to be discussed here and any mention would result in warning. :D 
    That'd hurt more the naysayers/haters being who mostly are keeping this forum alive than the actual fans. When there is nobody having a go at SC here this place is quite quiet. 
    rpmcmurphy
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiller said:
    That'd hurt more the naysayers/haters being who mostly are keeping this forum alive than the actual fans. When there is nobody having a go at SC here this place is quite quiet. 
    Except for the slew of pictures that someone likes to post. Don’t hate the critics for pointing out the tech demos shortcomings and making fun of promises that have yet to materialize when they were just around the corner
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2019
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiller said:
    Except for the slew of pictures that someone likes to post. Don’t hate the critics for pointing out the tech demos shortcomings and making fun of promises that have yet to materialize when they were just around the corner
    Critics can do whatever they want, just pointed out such a change would jab far more this "critics" than the fans, by vast majority most of who engage here is just for the sake of naysaying/negativity, so their loss....  I'd say most of the fans here just are here because of the naysayers, for the rest, the main game communities already suffice.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited September 2019
    Utinni said:
    MaxBacon said:
    And here is the money-making guide:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/d7p3pm/moneymaking_guide_especially_for_those_worrying/?sort=confidence

A fresh player can farm up the first 140k UEC investment...

Rent an Avenger Titan for 1 Day and earn up to 400-500k UEC, doing this method alone in a few days playing casually you can buy the Avenger Titan permanently. 

Why do I doubt that "a few days playing casually" will get you things people payed real money for? People will flip shit if you can play "hardcore" for a few days and buy their $500 ships in game.
    The premise behind selling ships was never to offer something that couldn't be purchased in game for a reasonable amount of effort. It's to help finance the games development. The people buying the ships and pledging is what has made this game possible. People like you and I are waiting until its released, then we will jump in, play the game, run trade routes, earn credits buy ships etc.

The people buying the ships now know exactly what they are doing, they want those ships right now, they don't want to wait for the systems to be developed to allow you to get them with in game credits.
    rpmcmurphyBabuinix
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Kefo said:
    For every "tech demo shortcoming" there's enough virtues that thousands and thousands of players enjoy and continuously support making Star Citizen the most watched space-game on twitch :)

And about making fun of promises yet to materialize... how's that total collapse from 2015 going? ELE 90 Days top right? How's those promises of CIG never being able to deliver full procedural planetary landings...or those loan and lawsuit dramas that would surely break CIG lol

So not only backers also have fun with haters and naysayers but they also have fun playing the game they like while it gets better and better :) Win Win Win
    rpmcmurphyErillion
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiller said:
    Critics can do whatever they want, just pointed out such a change would jab far more this "critics" than the fans, by vast majority most of who engage here is just for the sake of naysaying/negativity, so their loss....  I'd say most of the fans here just are here because of the naysayers, for the rest, the main game communities already suffice.
    It’s funny cause I’d say most of the critics are here to see what insanity  the white knights will try to rewrite history

Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    For every "tech demo shortcoming" there's enough virtues that thousands and thousands of players enjoy and continuously support making Star Citizen the most watched space-game on twitch :)

And about making fun of promises yet to materialize... how's that total collapse from 2015 going? ELE 90 Days top right? How's those promises of CIG never being able to deliver full procedural planetary landings...or those loan and lawsuit dramas that would surely break CIG lol

So not only backers also have fun with haters and naysayers but they also have fun playing the game they like while it gets better and better :) Win Win Win
    Pretty sure someone has already debunked your “the most watched space game on twitch” by saying that you like to cherry pick when it’s at a peak.

Also what do you think is more funny? Derek Smart who isn’t involved in the project making predictions and failing or Chris Roberts, the head honcho of the entire project, making claims like the game will be released in 3 years otherwise it will start to get stale, or answer the call 2016, 2017, 2018 oops no more date, or that all the missions for SQ42 have been played already and then later learning they haven’t even started on most of them.
    rpmcmurphy
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Babuinix said:
    Jeez I dunno why you got so rattled because I pointed out that discussing something based on incomplete and inaccurate data is bound to be incorrect. I even brought a old thread as an example. And I'm the "edgy teen whose wandered off tumblr" way to put a sock in this thread....
    Haha, look at you play the victim card.

You're the one jumping into threads trying to find any which way to protect CIG. If anyone is rattled...

edited September 2019
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Your words "I pointed out that discussing something based on incomplete and inaccurate data is bound to be incorrect.. I even brought a old thread as an example." and yet here you are doing exactly that.... what a gatekeeping hyprocrite. Do as I say, not as I do.

Google trends data for the last 12 months

No wonder all the little SC fanboys are working so hard

edited September 2019
    Kefo said:

Pretty sure someone has already debunked your “the most watched space game on twitch” by saying that you like to cherry pick when it’s at a peak.
    Pretty sure it didn't because I'm not cherry picking anything, it's average data from last 7 days but feel free to go check the last 6 months, 12 months or 24 months.

Oh and I love the haters who distance themselves from the all the trollish doomsday predictions like it never happened, really cute lol

Google trends ? Really lol? Is that supposed to be a better measurement of player engagement than Twitch the main gaming streaming platform... lol oky doky...

And claiming that it's the fanboys that work so hard... :D
    rpmcmurphy
    edited September 2019
    Babuinix said:
    Google trends ? Really lol? Is that supposed to be a better measurement of player engagement than Twitch the main gaming streaming platform... lol oky doky...

You really need to spend some more time thinking about this....

How is it player engagement? They are watching someone else play the game instead of playing it themselves.

Edit: I really shouldn't have to spell this out but Twitch caters to part of the gaming demographic while Google caters to a much larger portion of the gaming demographic so of course it gives a better picture of interest and engagement.

edited September 2019
    Well I think data from the leading streaming platform is more relevant than google search to access player engagement and game popularity.

In fact I haven't seen google trends used as a measure of success or engagement tool but I've seen plenty with articles making headlines with games twitch viewership up's and downs.

But probably this would be better discussed in it's own topic instead :) 
    Well you would, it's taking evidence to back up your bias after all.

People use google to search for a whole gamut of topics related to the game they are playing which is far better represented in the "interest over time" charts. Like I said, there's also a whole bunch of people that don't even use twitch but you can be sure they're using google.

Kefo
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Pretty sure it didn't because I'm not cherry picking anything, it's average data from last 7 days but feel free to go check the last 6 months, 12 months or 24 months.

Oh and I love the haters who distance themselves from the all the trollish doomsday predictions like it never happened, really cute lol

I’m on mobile right now and don’t think I can check through the app.

whos distancing themselves from the trolling doomsday? I simply used an example of what’s more funny someone not involved in the game getting it wrong or the head honcho getting it wrong which you decided to ignore in your post cause you know it’s  more sad for you that the guy in charge of the project doesn’t even know what’s going on.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Your words "I pointed out that discussing something based on incomplete and inaccurate data is bound to be incorrect.. I even brought a old thread as an example." and yet here you are doing exactly that.... what a gatekeeping hyprocrite. Do as I say, not as I do.

No wonder all the little SC fanboys are working so hard

lol. Watching Babs bullshit fall apart is always fun if only because of how rude he is to everyone.
    Kefo
    edited September 2019
    Babuinix said:

LoL Nop. Everything still stands!

More hard work needed  :D

And I'm not rude at all, I treat everyone with the same respect they show towards me as a person and as a backer of Star Citizen  :)