Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Borderlands 3 Denuvo / Keylogger?

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
Not sure if the keylogger part is true, but this is the reason why I don't buy Denuvo secured games and I suggest other players in the future quit buying them as well.

Borderlands is a great series, I own 1 & 2 on Steam, but I cancelled Borderlands 3 due to Denuvo, and it's currently being said that it uses "Virtual Machine Code" including JVM which is the cause of performance issues especially if a PC or users computer is outdated, or already under load from other processes / tasks.

While the game itself maybe great I wouldn't even rate this game 1 star for pulling this type of stuff on consumers because it's just down right game-breaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRwXN4-vFqA
Phry

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited September 2019
    Arterius said:
    You and Denuvo. I think you may be the only one against it. I play Borderlands 3 on both PC and PS4 as I was gifted a copy for the PC copy from my brother. I have experienced no problems as of yet.
    Do you get 144 /165 Hz FPS while under load from other tasks, and have you checked for a 2mb upload network connection?

I Generally run my games in Max Settings, but I hear it's really awful from many people :\.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited September 2019
    Arterius said:
    Renoaku said:
    Arterius said:
    You and Denuvo. I think you may be the only one against it. I play Borderlands 3 on both PC and PS4 as I was gifted a copy for the PC copy from my brother. I have experienced no problems as of yet.
    Do you get 144 /165 Hz FPS while under load from other tasks, and have you checked for a 2mb upload network connection?
    I have no idea what any of that means
    Hz is the common shorthand for Hertz.  Hertz refers to the number of AC power direction changes that occur within one second.  The U.S standard for AC power is 60 - 66 Hertz.  All computers and peripherals internally use DC power which has no Hertz.  So I have no idea what they are referring to there. 

Open the Windows Task Manager and look at the Networking tab.  This shows all network traffic in and out of your computer.  Easiest way to open it is to right click on the Windows Task bar.  A 2 mb upload connection refers to an outgoing connection from your computer to elsewhere of 2 mega bits per second. The networking tab does not show individual sources, just the total amount of incoming and outgoing traffic.  To get that information you have to use the Resource Monitor button on the task manager's Performance tab.
    [Deleted User]atonicoOctagon7711
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited September 2019
    I need to correct an error I made in describing Hertz.  Hertz is  a unit of frequency equal to one cycle per second.  It can be used in describing the frequency of something measurable within one second.  Along with AC electricity it is used to describe the frequency of a sound wave and the frequency of a monitor's ability to complete the frequency of it's on-off-on cycle of pixels across the entire screen of a monitor.  144 Hz has become a common frequency of monitor screens.  The actual displayed frequency often is limited by the the GPU's ability to keep up with the monitor's capability.  What the 144/165 Hz refers to I haven't a clue.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Grunty said:
    I need to correct an error I made in describing Hertz.  Hertz is  a unit of frequency equal to one cycle per second.  It can be used in describing the frequency of something measurable within one second.  Along with AC electricity it is used to describe the frequency of a sound wave and the frequency of a monitor's ability to complete the frequency of it's on-off-on cycle of pixels across the entire screen of a monitor.  144 Hz has become a common frequency of monitor screens.  The actual displayed frequency often is limited by the the GPU's ability to keep up with the monitor's capability.  What the 144/165 Hz refers to I haven't a clue.
    Probably just meant the FPS.
    not unrelated, after all if you have a 60hz monitor then having framerates exceeding that is largely wasted, but 144 hz monitors are able to 'display' the higher framerates it is their selling point after all.
    It also applies to input via keyboard, mouse, gamepads. Hence the input lag issues that games suffer from that are more 'noticeable' sub 60 fps etc. :/